• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weedle or Caterpie?

Weedle or Caterpie?

• Weedle

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Caterpie

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
  • Weedle is better than Caterpie but Butterfree is better than Beedrill, so I'll go with Caterpie.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Pokemon General or Pokemon General Gaming? I choose the former!

Moved~

Anyway, to answer the thread's actual question, Weedle all the way. Weedle can actually poison you, something that little Caterpie can't do. As for the future and evolving and stuff, Butterfree > Beedrill.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Caterpie ~ Blaming the Anime and Ash's frickin pasion for catching a patethic bug.... now I pretty always catch a Caterpie wen I start a RB or Y ROM....

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • Hehe for some reason I fell in love with Caterpie when I was a kid. He was my favorite Pokemon for a long time (which later evolved - no pun intended - into Butterfree). :]

I remember once having a dream about Caterpie and how I was trying to catch him. He kept running away from me though, and I could never catch up to him. :< I guess it it was a representation that Caterpie isn't real, and therefore I could never have him. *tear* XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Caterpie, for the reason that it CAN'T poison me when I encounter it in the Viridian Forest. Which seems to happen every three steps XD

Plus, I used Butterfree to great effect when catching Abra in FR/LG. Compoundeyes + Sleep Powder FTW.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Instead of going 'BUTTERFREE PWNS BEEDRILL!!!111', I'll pick either Caterpie or Weedle.
    Weedle knows Poison Sting, whereas caterpie knows Tackle. Because of that, I'll pick Weedle. :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Weedle evolves into a wtfpwnsome bee with spears on its forearms while Caterpie evolves into a butterfly with psychic attacks, but no psychic typing. D:

Beedrill can make better use of it's STAB attacks and can actually be more useful in the long run than Butterfree, even though both can be very useful. XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I'll definitely choose Caterpie, its so cute and its evolved form Butterfree is gorgeous ^^

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I like Caterpie because it's so cute, but I'll go with Weedle because I love scary looking, dangerous Pokemon more than the cute ones, and Beedrill fits that more than Butterfree. xD

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Caterpie, because I like the evolutions down the line, and also because I never liked Weedle because of that stupid Poison Sting :(.

Years
  • I'll go with Weedle probably, because it's better than Caterpie and can induce poison. And because this isn't choosing between their evolutions, it's choosing between the actual Pokémon.

Rizuza

Princess of Cuteness
    Years
  • Butterfree. I mean come on. Pretty butterfly is just love ♥

Although Beedrill's color scheme is awesome.. xD

Back