• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Week One: Anime you can't believe you actually sat through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Yamada-sama is amazing! D: How dare thee!???

The whole show is self-induced parody of the ecchi genre, while being ecchi at the same time! How could someone possibly not like that? ;___;

Well, unless you don't like ecchi, that would make it the most horrible show you could've ever watched.

Well I never said that I didn't like it. I did. However, it's something I typically wouldn't watch, and I'm quite surprised that I actually sat through all 12 episodes. The series was rather amusing

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Well I never said that I didn't like it. I did. However, it's something I typically wouldn't watch, and I'm quite surprised that I actually sat through all 12 episodes. The series was rather amusing

Oh. Well, you got me there.
    Yes, actually if I think it for a few minutes is not really "my cup of tea", yet I couldn't stop watching it after I started lol.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Ryuugajou Nanana - When I heard about the concept, the show seemed a lot cooler than it actually was. Too many sideplots and I'm not sure if this was supposed to be a comedy show or not (so, awkward comedy and not that great delivery)

Inou Battle - I know this was supposed to be a slice of life show but it was kind of really bad? The storyline with Andou and the red-haired girl was alright and I didn't hate that part, but it seemed that they were planning on putting an explanation for their superpowers but they never went through with it? And one girl was kidnapped one episode and everyone just forgot about it... what? If you took away the superpowers you would have a show that was almost exactly the same, and I get that it's the point (that their ordinary lives kept going even though they have superpowers), but that gave me the impression that they were only using the excuse of superpowers to sell a mediocre story.

Nanana - I have to admit, I normally shut my brain off from any expectations that I'll get from the show. Probably the reason why I can appreciate a lot of anime. But I have to admit, there's quite a few subplots that's happening at the same time. Although, I never expected a comedy show so the awkward comedy feels right to me.

Inou Battle - It's funny 'cause for a moment I was completely confused on what was happening since the previous episode ended with a kidnapping while the next one started at a completely different point. It's still pretty watchable to me. Although to be fair I like me some harem shows

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • It could pick =) It was about cute girls doing cute things with occasional cameos of SE characters to justify the name "SE".

This isn't supposed to be SoL, this is... TRIGGER!
    You can't expect solid story from TRIGGER =D

I'm pretty sure that they were a couple scenes that weren't supposed to be taken as cute, especially towards the end.
    Spoiler:
    What I meant is that I felt like the anime didn't pick whether or not it wanted to be about "cute girls doing cute things," like the first half mainly was, or have some sort of story to it (like the second half). I felt that the first idea could have been done a lot better if it wasn't being interrupted by a particularly weak story and vice-versa.

Nanana - I have to admit, I normally shut my brain off from any expectations that I'll get from the show. Probably the reason why I can appreciate a lot of anime. But I have to admit, there's quite a few subplots that's happening at the same time. Although, I never expected a comedy show so the awkward comedy feels right to me.

Yeah, I think after watching that anime I learned not to expect anything. Nowadays if I watched half of Nanana I probably would have just dropped it because it was just alright in my opinion, not spectacular or worth watching.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Nanana - I have to admit, I normally shut my brain off from any expectations that I'll get from the show. Probably the reason why I can appreciate a lot of anime. But I have to admit, there's quite a few subplots that's happening at the same time. Although, I never expected a comedy show so the awkward comedy feels right to me.
    If you people could enjoy simple things like HanaKana trap, you wouldn't care about a thing =DDDDDD

I'm pretty sure that they were a couple scenes that weren't supposed to be taken as cute, especially towards the end.
    Spoiler:
    What I meant is that I felt like the anime didn't pick whether or not it wanted to be about "cute girls doing cute things," like the first half mainly was, or have some sort of story to it (like the second half). I felt that the first idea could have been done a lot better if it wasn't being interrupted by a particularly weak story and vice-versa.
    Yea, okay, this was trying to be "SE" again, Still, it was mostly cute girls doing cute things =)
    If it wasn't trying to be that, it wouldn't have 3 moe girls with yuri elements ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back