• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Animé Discussion #390: Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut?

Years
    Here is where you can discuss the Mirage Island Wynaut/Wobbuffet drama, "Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut?"

My review to come forthwith.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Quick thought: how did Team Rocket suddenly get a Berry Vacuum after they were stranded on Mirage Island?!
    Stupid plot hole....

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I just want to say to Weez that he never posted his review about the Juan Gym battle.

That is easy. Team Rocket pack things up nice and neat. Easy answer to an easy question. Team Rocket is a evil organzation.

Ash and co. On the way to 'suppostly' the Pacifidlog Contest. I believe John/Weez (can I call you that?) explained in another tread. Then they see Drew. I guess he is looking for some Liechi berries.

This episode is just strange. I mean it was cool to see the Magicarp sub going super fast and super cool. How come Team Rocket never use it before.

This where it gets comfusing. How an old man got on the island? Then I don't know. It was a bit mix up and strange. It seems like everything is was being speed up and rushed up. I didn't get it.

I like the Wynants. Cuties. I like them. Then the Liechi berries. Only Wobbie and Wynants would like something so sour. Still. They are cute.

Still. Team Rocket never cease to amaze me. Vacume. Wobbie balloon. Then putting a fight up against Drew. Not bad.

7/10- I would rate it lower but hmm. I like the Wynants. Then seeing Jessie caring for Wobbuffet. Nice. It needs better organzation.

Let see what is a head of us in the weeks to come.

Hamstar

HALLO.
    Years
    corganzero said:
    Quick thought: how did Team Rocket suddenly get a Berry Vacuum after they were stranded on Mirage Island?!
    Stupid plot hole....

Maybe they made it out of trees and berries and rocks XD

Yeah...that is pretty dumb if you think about it...and it's not like they called in for it...then if they did, wouldn't the Team Rocket people rescue them...?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Who knows about Team Rocket. Anyway i liked the hint of roamnce between May and Drew

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    I've been waiting for this episode to air! I usually enjoy the episodes with Drew, and the episodes where people get split up. This particular episode was alright in my opinion. It wasn't the best, and it wasn't the worst.

Things I liked:

The Wynaut were too cute.

Everyone crashing into the Magikarp sub. That cracked me up.

Team Rocket eating the Liechi Berries (though it was funnier in the JP version).

May and Drew spending some time together (what're rivals for? ^^).

Beautifly doing something. Yayness! XD

Team Rocket not trying to steal the Wynaut. I would have eaten my own foot if I had to see them try to steal the featured pokemon again.

Jessie being concerned about Wobbuffet. That made me go "Aww."

Things I either didn't like, or didn't care about:

That old man. Was he really necessary?? -.- I just spaced out when he talked.

Things that I would change:

How they got off the island was a plot device. It was the only reason the old man existed. Y'know... it would have been cooler if the old man was like a mirage or something that helped them get of the island and then disappeared suddenly, freaking them all out. Or... they could have actually forced them to work together with their pokemon and themselves to find a way off the island. But no. Plot device.

However, aside from all that, I enjoyed it, and so I give this an 8/10.

Years
    As much as Team Rocket complain about Wobbuffet, its nice to see they actually care for it. Especialy since they don't seem to care about Meowth. As for the balloon, they cobbled something together feom the Magicarp sub. They seem to be pretty good inventors and tinkerers, too bad they don't invent something to make them godzillionairs. ;)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Light_Azumarill said:
    How they got off the island was a plot device. It was the only reason the old man existed. Y'know... it would have been cooler if the old man was like a mirage or something that helped them get of the island and then disappeared suddenly, freaking them all out. Or... they could have actually forced them to work together with their pokemon and themselves to find a way off the island. But no. Plot device.

When I think about it. You are right. He was the reason why I was confuse and felt that the episode was a bit disorganize. One moment we were with May and Drew. Then with Ash and the old man then it was confusing. His only reason was to get them off the island and maybe to give the berries to May but it just confuse me. Then May may not even use the berries.

Wide does have a point. It a better excuss for how the vacume and balloon got on the island.

Back