• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Animé Discussion #418: Caterpie's Big Dilemma

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss the season's Kaiju (in today's case, Mothra) spoof in "Caterpie's Big Dilemma".

My review to come forthwith.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yet no Godzilla...lol.

Well, Team Rocket came up with a GOOD idea for once, and it probably would have given them a promotion had it worked. They even skipped over the "This is what the Boss will say" thing this time.

I find it hard to believe, though, that Ash never mentioned the fact that his first capture was a Caterpie (unless he DID say it and I missed that part).

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • Well, there are some things from the past that the writers forget to mention, so that really doesn't come to a surprise for me.

Anyway, despite the fact that it's just a typical filler, it gets points from me because I'm a HUGE sucker for size-changing episodes.

One thing I didn't get was this: after the giant Cacnea went all lovey-dovey with James, we never see it again. o_O
    Forgetful much, writers?

blastoise>you

blahblahblah
    Years
  • I couldn't watch this whole episode. I hate pokemon that are friends, that aren't captured. why can't they be both? I also hate size changing episodes of anything. I don't know why, they just bug me. Also idiot-genius professors are annoying. 5/10.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Ichapokemr said:
    Yet no Godzilla...lol.

Well, Team Rocket came up with a GOOD idea for once, and it probably would have given them a promotion had it worked. They even skipped over the "This is what the Boss will say" thing this time.

I find it hard to believe, though, that Ash never mentioned the fact that his first capture was a Caterpie (unless he DID say it and I missed that part).
    godzilla's spoof is coming next season... look forward to it, it's a pretty good episode..

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    PPNSteve said:
    godzilla's spoof is coming next season... look forward to it, it's a pretty good episode..

Really? Who grows?

On another note, I forgot a few things before. For one thing, TR had the candy in their posession, and had they just settled and gone back to Giovanni they could have figured out the "recipe" and gotten their promotion anyway. Oh, well, that's what you get for being greedy.

Also, nobody seemed to mention the damage that Caterpie caused, specifically the tower falling over (I mean, that had to cause damage to SOMEBODY, yet no complaints).

And like Strawberry Delcatty mentioned, they forgot to include Cacnea going back to its Pokeball. They also must have cut out Caterpie atacking Team Rocket in the night, since there was a memory-flashback later on about it.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • One more till the contest!!!

I think we already had a size changeing one. Treecko. I was expecting a giant pikachu too.

It seems like we do have a new and improve Team Rocket because they came up with a new plan. Why steal the pokemon while you can steal the plans.

Yeah. They did forgot about poor old Cacnea. Poor her.

7/10-Not bad. Not bad. Just not much to say. I just can't wait to get to the next episode. Contest one with Harly to match.

Also what Gozilla one? I don't remember one like that. I know there is a King Kong one with Slagking.

Yay!!! Contest one up next!!!!

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
  • Well, one funny thing about this episode. If Misty had seen that giant Caterpie she would of freaked! lol

Years
  • James has a knack for finding plant Pokemon who seem to love him alot. I had a dog like that once, she went to everyone for loving, but usually snuggled up with me. Good thing she was little.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Skitty101 said:
    Well, one funny thing about this episode. If Misty had seen that giant Caterpie she would of freaked! lol

XD Yes!
    If only Misty would've been there... XD That would've been so amusing.

This episode was interesting to me, I missed most of the Johto episodes, so if they had size-changing ones, I missed them. ^^; Therefore, this episode was original to me.
    I thought the little candie that can make you stronger was kind of interesting... even though the side-effects weren't really worth it...
    (Steroids for Pokemon!)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Reyna_fire said:
    I think we already had a size changeing one. Treecko. I was expecting a giant pikachu too.

I remember now; Treecko vs Gulpin

...and the giant Claydol...

AND that Alakazam, Gengar, & Jigglypuff episode we had WAY back in Kanto.

AAND the "Pokemon Island" episode from just after Vermillion City (end of the St. Anne arc).

They really DO love making them big, but they haven't touched Pikachu yet.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • They have done a giant Pikachu. It wasn't Ash's pikachu but it was a pikachu. In Island of the Giant Pokemon, there was a giant pikachu that Ash mistaken as his own. It was small far away but as it got closer they saw that it was huge!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Reyna_fire said:
    They have done a giant Pikachu. It wasn't Ash's pikachu but it was a pikachu. In Island of the Giant Pokemon, there was a giant pikachu that Ash mistaken as his own. It was small far away but as it got closer they saw that it was huge!

I know about that, but I meant Ash's Pikachu specifically. Besides, it wasn't really a pokemon...

Back