• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anim? Discussion: #357: Take This House And Shuppet!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I'll give a cookie to anyone who gets the title reference of this episode =p

This was the first of any pokemon episode I've watched since October, and I only watched the first five minutes, but what was the narrator saying when all the planets were being shown at the very beginning? I didn't happen to catch that.

AngelMina

+Im Back+
    Years
    I really liked this episode, itz not very often u see all of them in a haunted house XD
    ~Mina~

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years

I'll give a cookie to anyone who gets the title reference of this episode =p
    Did it mean "Take this house and stuff it"? XD just a guess..XD

Awwwwwwws, I thought Shuppet was absolutely adorable! <333 Before I saw that eppie, I never expected that Shuppet would be such a nice Pokemon. :3 I had always thought it would be more interested in causing mischeif. X3

~Kelsey

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Actually, I thought "I Feel Skitty" was a parody of the old song "I Feel Pretty"...there's no way they'd have a title that's an innuendo pun.

But the reference in Take This House and Shuppet is a song reference...I'll let people keep guessing XP

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Began watching it earlier, and then the computer froze. <_< Couldn't be bothered to start watching again, so I'll watch after school or something.

*confetti @ J&J*

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    It's kinda weird that they use such puns off of things kids would never recognise. I mean, they're 4Kids...

Anyway, I liked the episode. Ones with the gang getting scared by ghost pokemon are usually ones I like. Plus I thought it was funny that Max was trying to get back at May for her being out of line. Brother and sister relationships are always interesting. ^-^

And the curly hair was too funny! XD

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
    Years
    Here's my review of this episode:

I really liked this episode! I think the beginning of it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen! LOL. XD Although, I still would've liked to have seen Team Rocket do that to everyone's hair with that blaster beam (I wonder what that thing looked like, lol). I guess that just goes to show us that we don't get to see everything that goes on between Ash and everyone and Team Rocket. Anyway, that was cool how the rain got rid of everyone's messed up hair. And I liked how, once they were inside the house, Shuppet made everyone who was mad, not mad. That was cool! And I liked all the parts when Max was having the Shuppet play tricks on everyone. That was funny! And I thought it was interesting how this episode kinda reminded me of the episodes "The Tower Of Terror" and "Hastle In The Castle". I loved the part when Max wasn't sure whether or not he wanted to save May's Torchic. That was funny! And I also loved the part when May and Max made up. That was great! And it was hilarious how Team Rocket was crying! XD Anyway, the ending of this episode was great too. And overall, this episode was very good, and it was really funny too.

Rating: 9 out of 10

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    It was a good Kanto-ish episode. I liked Max and May's fight. And Shuppet is so kawaii. But there's one major error I found in the eppie, in one closeup of May, her eyes were bright green instead of the pale blue they normally are. It freaked the h*** out of me!
    Weekly Anim? Discussion: #357: Take This House And Shuppet!

Last edited:

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    Light_Azumarill said:
    It's kinda weird that they use such puns off of things kids would never recognise. I mean, they're 4Kids...

"Nice Pryce Baby"
    "Taming of the Shroomish"
    "A Ruin With a View"
    "Stairway to Devon"

It's almost as if they were tryinging to give the adults a way to impress their kids. ;)

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    You get the cookie! It's from the famous old song by Johnny Paycheck.

Best. title reference. ever. XP

Agreed. But prior to this one, I think "Take the Lombre Home" held that position (for anyone who doesn't know - and I'm guessing a lot of you don't - it's a sendup of the song "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp).

Back