• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anime Discussion # 404: Shocks and Bonds!

Years
    Here is where you can discuss the second and third matchs of the first round of the Hoenn League in "Shocks and Bonds!"

My review to come forthwith.

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I liked it, but I thought that the conductor guy was really weird with all his little orchastra talk and little wand thingy that he used. It seemed really...strange

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I'm surprised that someone actually used a Charizard, and what's up with Ash's choice on type matchups!??

(Of course, I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but still...)

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2006
    Has there been any character who has actually been modest during a battle? They all seem to be cocky. :|

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    My turn to try!! I didn't saw all of this one but I did saw most of it. Let go!!! Nya!!

Ok. Something was wrong with the translation here. Why would Max have a smile on and say that Ash choose great matching here. That seems wrong. Max of all people know that the match up was wrong and he didn't even have a scent of scarism. I think they should have had it where he was looking amazing at the charizard because Max's look on his face gave me that vibe that he was amiring the charizard.

Lova the charizard and Quilava!!!

This is when everything we know aobut basic battling is thrown out. At least Ash was smart enough to go hard heavy attacks like Pound and Headbutt instade of Ice Beam and Leaf Blade.

Gaile Pinball!!

Make sense and stuff if you look at it with your eye sideways.

YEAY!! OLD POKEMON MUSIC!! Just passing time now if only we can get the old Rocket theme.

Ash in the Victory Tournement. Six on Six full team battle. Not good for Ash. Losing his heavy hitters so early. Looks like Groveie going to be need in this one to pull a win.

So we are left with Ash with half of his team left while his oppentent with four other pokemon. Two already have battle while the other two itching for a battle.

8/10- Great battle it just seemed rush. Compare to the Jhoto and Kanto Championships, the Hoenn one is being rushed though very fast. Notice how the episode that started the Victory Tournement starts in the same episode where the same episode where the Pali end. Shouldn't we get the Victory Tournemnt to start next episode? Just a thought.

Next up is Ash and the rest of the Hoenn Leauge Championships!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ^...Um...good job?

Well, regardless...there's also the fact of Ash not getting Destiny Bond later on...and I saw the whole thing now and I realize that Ash chose first...but that should have been an easy loss for Ash...I mean, look at how powerful his Charizard was, and look at his opponent's Charizard...there's something wrong here...and Glalie vs. Charizard...? That's an easy-to-predict fight, yet Ash pulled through. If only that other trainer had stuck with more fire attacks, it would've been over quick. This whole thing just threw type matchups out the window (USE STEEL WING ON GLALIE AND WORRY ABOUT THE NON-LEVITATING GROVYLE LATER!!!)...and it makes me worry...but then they remembered type matchups again later with Ash's second battle...I don't care if Dugtrio is a Ground-type--they've shown Pikachu knocking out Ground-types with electricity before, and it should have been able to do it again. And what's with Ice Beam NOT freezing Dugtrio over?? It always did in the past...he should have called Pikachu back and sent out Grovyle. STUPID ASH!!

Years
    I liked the episode, but with only 5 Hoenn Pokemon plus Pikachu, Ash is asking for trouble. He should have either caught a few more or requested a couple from Professor Oak to give some of them time to rest and recuperate.

Back