• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anime Discussion # 405: A Judgment Brawl

Years
    Here is where you can discuss the ending of the first round of the Hoenn League and infinite battling apparently in "A Judgment Brawl".

My review to come forthwith.

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I liked the episode and all, but it seemed unlikely at the end that Morrison of ALL people would feel nervous about going up against somebody

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Predictable ending, and about time it happened, but it doesn't seem right that he went that easy on Ash thus far...

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2006
    I liked this episode. And I think Morisson has a pretty good reason to be confused. Isn't this his first time doing something like this while Ash has already fought many of his friends before?

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    this episode whould have been better if was May that was helping Ash to get ready for the last final rounds instead of Morisson. It was just uhh to wired , ya to wired during the song part. It whould have maid more since if it was May that was with Ash...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ok, now that I've actually seen the whole thing, I can make more of a comment:

His continued battle against Katie...ok. Sure, I don't think it's the first time that Destiny Bond showed up, and I'm surprised that Ash didn't know what it did, but he got through it anyway...especially enjoyable about the battle was the "happy-drunk Corphish"...Seriously, that's what it was. It was just being strange and freaked both trainers out...not to mention the Handshake attack (oh...kay........).That was just hilarious. Then we've got Morrison and Ash facing off, and Morrison doing very horribly...I swear, if they end it by having Ash forfeit just to be nice, I'll.......well, anyway...

Team Rocket was good, too. Their new boss offered them an all-you-can-eat barbecue and their faces just light up...Seriously, it makes me wonder; if Ash gave them lifetime passes to an all-you-can-eat buffet, do you think that they would stop trying to take Pikachu?? I honestly think that they would consider it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    No, no, they eat just because they want to. The idea about catching Pikachu came from their boss saying "good food means good luck" or something to that effect. Before that, the thought hadn't really come to them.

Besides, they've called truces before to get some food, so that shows that they care more about their stomachs than their jobs.

Years
    Usually when a Pokemon gets hit with a confusion attack, they can't even battle. The fact that Corphish could and even win was something unexpected. Harrison must be a loner to have trouble battling a friend. What he needs is a good taunt from Ash to get back into the game.

Back