• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anime Discussion # 407: At the End of the Fray

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    *rolls eyes*

Well this ep was OK, but like, there were some things that annoyed me >.> Like how Swellow didn't faint after like, A LOT of rollouts and some other stuff from Hariyama or w/e it's called. It also kinda annoyed me how Swellow was just magicly able to pull off a quick attack when the scene before showed it trapped in the Pyscic, but then again that's Pokemon for you - -;; Like someone said before, it makes science cry.

The battle between Meowth and Pikachu was good. Meowth kinda sounded a little TO low in my opinion.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Yeah, I agree. And, just like the Indigo League and Silver Conference, Ash loses before making it to the finals. Oh well... At least next week, we'll start the Battle Frontier saga, but I just hope they keep the voice actors from the last few years for it...

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    I agree with Kakashi and Sasuke Lover...

After Donphan had hit Swellow with like....4 rollout attacks(With each getting stronger than the one before), there would have been no way that Swellow wouldhave been able to keep going. o.o;

Also, I liked the battle between Meowth(in boots) and Pikachu. Although most of the battle consisted of them using the same attack against ecah other and pretty much cancelling each other out, it was nice.

Near the end, for a minute, I almost thought Pikachu would win because it looked like Meowth was about to fall over, but then Pikachu did...Huh...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...But they messed up severely on the dubbing...for example, Metagross used Hyper Beam, then missed, and they had Brock comment on how "using Solarbeam keeps your Pokemon from moving immediately after"...Wha...? SOLARBEAM!?? That was a HYPER BEAM!! And SOlarbeam doesn't immobilize any Pokemon after being used!

Then there's the final battle b/w Meowth & Pikachu...They kept mixing Thunderbolt & Thunder up, and Pikachu should have been able to win easily, but of course it couldn't (who else saw Pikachu's losing coming from a mile away??)...

Of course, it's new that the person Ash lost to became the champion...that's something......

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    GymLeaderLance99 said:
    Yeah, I agree. And, just like the Indigo League and Silver Conference, Ash loses before making it to the finals. Oh well... At least next week, we'll start the Battle Frontier saga, but I just hope they keep the voice actors from the last few years for it...

Nope. That is till a few weeks from now. They going to show the three episodes skipped (Shine Dohnan and the two 5th contest matches) then it is back to Kanto.

Starting off where the last episode ended. The awesome blast that created that pillar of light. Still it gets me thinking that Gaile should have survive but then the show seems like not obeying the rules of not just science but basic battle rules right now.

Team Rocket. They always having something to do during the Championships and they are always succesful. Remember the fake gym badges during the Jhoto Championships? Still it sad. Notice that they haven't said the motto or "Blasting off again!!!"

Back to the battle. Impressive when they got to Hariyama and Torkoal. They did research on this one didn't they? Thick Fat abilty protecting Hariyama. Then the hole was great.

Then Corpfish. That was seen but still it could have been for later.

Swellow. I not surprise that Swellow took so many hits from both Hariyama and Donphan. I mean I agree with everybody else that Swellow should have went out a long time ago but then look at all the battles that Swellow has fought in the past. Look back at both the Mossdeep and Sootopolis. The only reason I can come up with why it lasted so long was because it ablity Guts. Swellow just didn't want to faint and got more powerful. It was intresting with Donphan.

The silver lining in the dark clouds. I caught the mistake too. Brock should have said Bullet Seed instade of Solorbeam as in Grovyle's Bullet Seed attack being focus on the crack on Metagross. Then up close and personal with a Tunder attack via Pikachu.

Pikachu VS Meowth In Boots. Attack after attack. Tunderbolt to Tunderbolt/Tunder. I think they did a good job on when to use Tunder and Tunderbolt. When ever Pikashu use Tunder against Meowth In Boots's Tunderbolt, Pikachu's was a different so it made sense to me.

Then the final attack. Iron Tail. The attack that lead Ash and Pikachu through the Hoenn saga. It ends with that attack.

So. The results. Tyson won the Hoenn League Championships and Ash made it to the top 8. I was hoping that he make it to the top 4. I was expecting him to but then that would have been predictable so I glad. It shows that even though Ash is getting more experacne and hard to beat that there still more people that are also getting more powerful too. Still at least it wasn't to predictable because Ash made it to the top 8 instead of the top 4. Then the person he was beaten by won the Championships.

9/10- Just because it is the final of the Hoenn Championships. It was a great battle and was ok.

Well. I wasn't to happy with the Hoenn Championships but they were great. Now back to the past in Kanto!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2008
    What i didn't like was the fact that the ads said something about Ash fighting the Elite Four. Also, I was looking forward to seeing them in the show after they teased me with those cool shadows of them in the Theme Song(it might not have been the elite four though; there might have been more). and even if Ash(why does Ash always lose to someone he knows?) had to lose, maybe they could have shown Tyson doing battle?

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Happy(X10) said:
    What i didn't like was the fact that the ads said something about Ash fighting the Elite Four. Also, I was looking forward to seeing them in the show after they teased me with those cool shadows of them in the Theme Song(it might not have been the elite four though; there might have been more). and even if Ash(why does Ash always lose to someone he knows?) had to lose, maybe they could have shown Tyson doing battle?

That about ash battleing the elite four was stupid kidswb don't know what the heck they are talking about advertising... And those shadows are not the elite four... they are the frontier brains of the battle frontier....and you will get to see them soon...ohh and I thought they did show tyson in battle......well the end of it anyways...

Tyson......how could you miss him winning? It was like.....at the very end of the episode?

anywas to my opinion...

I was disapointed in it...it was like just another episode... Like it wasn't important or anything... I liked the indigo legue's closing cermonies and such. But nothing,.. just Tyson getting his Cup and that was it....come ON!
    And yes it should have shown battles from other trainers battling each other..if just small snippits... just didn't feel like a pokemon league championships to me. But I had already knew Ash was not going to win this, he better win battle frontier lol

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I think that the end was to fast. Like they didn't say enough about how Tyson won and all. And also, how could Ash's pokemon keep coming back after all the hits they took? The show has been doing that all through the Houenn League. That just really irks me...

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2006
    Was this the last episode? Did Ash lose to Tyson? I can't believe I missed it all! I'm going to cry. :'(

Years
    Every gym leader whom Ash defeats says that was one of the best battles, but Ash keeps chokeing durning the tournaments. He does better on competitions that he has never done before than in Championships. I liked the episode, but Ash should have done much better.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Yes, that's what I don't like about the championships and Ash never winning them. They act as if the show will become boring and unnecessary if Ash wins a championship. That is simply not the case. Is Tyson's journey over now? No. So Ash's wouldn't be either. There's always someone better than you; and as long as Ash isn't the Pokemon Master he so wants to be, then the show is still on. I just can't believe that after training for years, Ash still can't beat a championship. I understand he has new pokemon and all, but they were tough and had skill that I would say were equal to his other pokemon. It be nice if the writers threw us a friggin' bone once in a while. At least 2nd place or something. Sheesh... -.-;

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I think it whould be intrasting if Ash was summan back to the Orange Islands to defend his tital has Orange leage champion. and it turn out to be Gary he had to defend it agianst...

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    cryztalwing said:
    I think it whould be intrasting if Ash was summan back to the Orange Islands to defend his tital has Orange leage champion. and it turn out to be Gary he had to defend it agianst...

Umm...Stay on topic, please? That would be a little weird, in my opinion...o.O

And yeah, I did miss the end, so I had no idea that Tyson had won...o.o

Back