• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anime Discussion #409: The Right Place and the Right Mime

Years
    Here is where you can discuss the start of the next arc, the Battle Frontier and the return of all the supporting cast in "The Right Place and the Right Mime".

My review to come forthwith.

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I like this one. It nice to see Misty with again. Still, her voice sounds different. Must be the VA ajusting to the voice.

Ash's mom suffering from seeing Ash leaves so much. That was so sweet.

Ash at Oaks place. That a great place for everybody to meet up. Misty, Max, May and Traci all getting together. Is it me or is Oak's place is a place where characters just meet. Before the Indigo Competion, Gray and Ash reunite there before their training for the competition. Then before they left for Jhoto. I also noticing it being use as a place for new beginings.

All of Ash old pokemon!!! Snorlax sounds different. Didn't he had a deeper voice and more sleepier?

How did Max know about Ash's Charizard and Squirtle? He is a smart kid so he must remember them from the Johto Competition. I see that some of his pokemon are getting along.

No!! There is no Skitty in this arc. I like Skitty. Nya!

Misty doing some talking to Ash and comparing him to his Tauros. Just a little something.

Ok. The new and improve Team Rocket. I noticing that Team Rocket hadn't use a mech in a long time. This is new I guess.

That is sucking power. It was able to get the light pokemon so that is explainable but good old heavy Snorlax. Yay Snorlax. Then the good old pokemon fighting from Misty and Traci. Then the pun to finish off everything from Ash. At least this one was funny. "We going have to charge them for this." Followed by a Tunderbolt. Kinda funny.

Good old Ash's mom. She know truely how her son is.

The Phany coming along with Ash.

Then the good old group coming together with Brock. It like a dream come true.

8/10

I like this one except Misty was just being use a background. She was able to say soem stuff but it didn't felt the same. She just used one pokemon. Nice to see Team Rocket us to their old ways.

One more episode with Misty!!

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    How did Max know about Ash's Charizard and Squirtle? He is a smart kid so he must remember them from the Johto Competition. I see that some of his pokemon are getting along.

They have traveled togather for so long...you don't think they never told stories and talked about his older pokemon? I'm sure they know everyone one ash has had.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2006
    Aww I thought Misty was going to keep traveling with Ash or at least they decide to visit Cerulean City. :( It seemed as if Ash's mom was going to crack. o_O

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I really like this episode. It had good advanceshipping hint's in it. Team Rocket just get's more silly,they really need to have huge victory agianst May and Ash....

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    It was May who mentioned Ash's Charizard and Squirtle, not Max.

AG continues to impress, every single episode since the Ralts ep has been excellent bar that horrible Brody episode.

Years
    Should this episode be considered in the AG season? I mean, the Hoenn League is through...

Awesome! Misty's back again!!! Though only for two episodes, it's really good to see her. I don't know if it's just me, but she seems to have changed a bit since we all last saw her.

Team Rocket's new motto is a good, refreshing change. (though Meowth is more annoying in it than ever...) Good way to end 7 and a half years of dubbing Pokémon, 4Kids!

Oh, and all of you Advancedshippers rejoice! There's the biggest hint in this episode for you guys yet! Though I hate to admit such a thing, being a Pokéshipper myself, I don't want to ignore such a biggie like this one. (makes me wonder what 4Kids is trying to do...)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Wow! I just saw the ep on Pokebeach, not in the highest quality though but I saw it
    I never remembered a character actually say the "Kanto" region. It sounded very strange...
    Advanceshipping hint? I saw some Pokeshipping ish stuff but I didn't get the AShipping hints... oh that's weird. Advanceshipping's abbr is AS, almost like a certain body part
    *bricked*

Years
    Hey, Crystal Clair, you might wanna check your post since you posted twice!

Anyways, I was referring to the comment that Misty said to Ash when Squirtle and May were playing with each other. I believe the line went something like this:
    "It's like you two were meant to be together."

I don't believe 4Kids made Misty say that...

Years
    I thought Brock's mother had died and his father abandoned them. The father eventually returned so Brock could travel. Ws I wrong about his mother?:\

Years
    Ah yes... Another question that can't really be answered unless you watch Pokémon Chronicles, which hasn't been released in the US yet. One episode is about Brock's mother coming back to Pewter City, probably around the time that Ash and Brock returned to Kanto. (now pronounced can-to?!)

Oh yeah, and Brock's mom wanted to turn the gym into a Water gym. Even so, I don't think the Pokémon League would allow two of the same type of gyms in a single region...

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    DoubleWide said:
    I thought Brock's mother had died and his father abandoned them. The father eventually returned so Brock could travel. Ws I wrong about his mother?:\

This was a terrible error on the dubbers part, in the first season they did indeed say that Brocks mother suffered an illness and passed away, and in Chronicles they said that Flints girlfriend was in fact Brocks mother which was totally screwed up.. so yeah.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2014
    Yami_Zidane said:
    This was a terrible error on the dubbers part, in the first season they did indeed say that Brocks mother suffered an illness and passed away, and in Chronicles they said that Flints girlfriend was in fact Brocks mother which was totally screwed up.. so yeah.
    It wasn't a dub error, it was a Japanese error.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    A Japanese error?

From what I can understand, in the Japanese version, Flint said that his mother simply left. This lead many to believe that his real mother to be dubbed as Flint's girlfriend. AS it happens, she's still referred to as his mother in the dub

Back