• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Poll #11] So, How're You Liking BW?

What do you think of BW?

• It's great!

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • It's alright so far.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I don't really like it...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it.

• I haven't watched BW.

• Total voters
Years
  • I know that week-long absence was just tearing you up on the inside.

[Weekly Poll #11] So, How're You Liking BW?

Now that we're over 20 episodes into Best Wishes and 5 into Black and White, I want to know how you're enjoying the saga so far. I kept the poll choices very simple, but feel free to elaborate in your post.
    What do you like about BW? What do you hate? I want to know, Pokemon fans!

Remember, just because you've seen something doesn't mean that someone else has. Please be sure to make use of your friendly neighborhood spoiler tags when appropriate. Speaking of spoilers, the [Spoilers] prefix is now working in both Pokemon anime sections!
    Yipee~

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I love Best Wishes. It's fun, engaging, and has Dent who is the best character in all of Pokemon. Black and White I'm not liking as much, but the only reason for that is the voices. They've stuck really close to the original script, which is nice.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    It's OKAY. It's nothing to write home about, but generally this series never has been.

Ash regains some of his Kanto-ish antics, which can be fun. But, I'm largely losing interest in his character with each passing saga due to his constant "reboots".

Iris is similar to Misty, in how she get's along with Ash and her somewhat tomboy-ish personality. However, I fear she'll largely sit on the sidelines due to B/W being Ash's story. Cilan distinguishes himself a bit more from Brock even if he is the token cook, and exposition character. He's done more than Iris in terms of the story so far, but I still feel he will be relegated to the sidelines for a large portion of B/W.

Shooti is not a very interesting rival in the slightest, so hopefully he'll become more interesting.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I actually like Best Wishes and is so far my favorite series. The new animation is really impressive so far and I also like how Ash travel companions. Iris is very interesting although we don't know much about her; I'm hopping to learn more about him and Dento. Dento is starting to become my second favorite character since Barry is still my favorite. I wish we could have Barry in this show though. BW is going back the good old days of Pokemon; Ash getting all three starters and the "Who that Pokemon" is back in the English version. I just don't like how Ash is acting in the new series and how Pikachu looses in a lot of battles now in BW but so far I have liked every single episode but episode 21. Not to mention Team Rocket kicking butt in this series. I know it's a huge change but it's something new for once and at least they aren't in every episode which is good. Keep up the good work BW!

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I really like the series too as the animation looks amazing compared to what we have seen before and the episodes are fun as well. I voted for alright though because of the lack of Team Rocket.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • I am also loving B/W. The animations are great and I love the new team rocket. The Pokemon are alright i guess. I am glad they took out those stupid contest and never really liked them only in the games i liked them.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I love Pokemon Black & White (I stopped watching Best Wishes). the voices for all the new characters and the fact that all the original BG is kept is a definite plus. This new Team Rocket is actually starting to grow on me, but I don't like Trip at all. They could of developed his character a bit more in the first episode and not make him the stuck-up rival of this generation. I also have to say Iris' "such a kid" rant is getting on my nerves. But heck, we need some running gag in this show since Team Rocket's changed.

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Black and White has been great so far for me. It's fresh and new, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I am loving this series, every thing about it has just been awesome. Even the English dubbed version has been far better than the past. Animation is brilliant looking, future episodes just simply amaze me at times. Ash's character is back to making me laugh again, before he was too serious and some times even got depressed in D/P due to Paul still. I gotta admit, Shooti/Ash's rivalry isn't intresting so far but maybe it will change later on.
    Spoiler:
    The only thing that's annoying is Iris calling Ash a kid, hopefully Ash tells her about the past regions and that will stop. Am loving the English dubbed voice actors of Iris and Dento and Sarah seems so much better as Ash, love it a lot now. Over all, a favorite series of mine of this show.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I'm one of those old school Pokemon fans.

I actually lived 4 blocks away from WB 11 (back in the 90s) and my dad found a tape on the sidewalk

he took it home and it was the introduction to Pokemon. Only a few people have actually seen it. (at that time) I guess one of the officials there must of dropped it by mistake. I beleive it was 1995 if my memory serves me right.

So basically I started watching from episode 1 season 1

I did stop during the Johto saga cause dude it was getting so boring

completely missed the Hoenn and SInnoh

but i did restart my interest a few months ago and watch B/W recently

I like it. It gives a breath of fresh air and i like the idea that Unova is far far away cause it gives a sense of entering a whole new Pokemon world. its a fresh start for people to start pokemon or get back in the game after a long absence.

my only complaint so far? Pikachu is yet to win a match in the Unova region.

jakory08

The Legendary Trainer Tomsine
    Years
  • I've watched only the first episode but so far so good.Ash's rival is Trip.I found a few similarities between Paul and Trip.I wonder why ash always loses on the first match against his rival.Anyway it seems good so far.Can't wait to watch more.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • B/W is great! I like the characters of Iris and Cilan, and Ash definitely got some interesting Pokemon during his Unova travels (Scraggy in particular).

Back