• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Poll #3] Has Pokémon ever significantly impacted your life?

Has Pokemon ever significantly impacted your life?

• Yes it has!

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Nope, it hasn't

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • As the thread title states really - has Pokémon ever significantly impacted your life? If so, in what way? If not, do you think it ever will?

Years
  • Can't say that it has. I mean, I got into lots of Japanese things and that eventually, in a roundabout way, led me to actually going to Japan and I'd say that's pretty significant, but pokemon was hardly an important element of that.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Has Pokemon impacted my life? I would have to say yes.
    Has it significantly impacted my life? That I'm not too sure about. It has brought change in my life to an extent, and I don't know how my life would be if Pokemon were to be omitted from it. The extent of significance.. I don't really know, but it's impacted my life ..even if only a little part of it. So, I'm going to go with an Aye.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Haha why yes it has. Pokemon defines me as a personal in real life. My packpack is decorated with pokemon buttons, and my shoes have zubats drawn over them. But if it wasnt for pokemon, I would've never gotten into gaming or watching anime series.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    It has for sure. I have been dealing with it through my whole life and it has taught me many things. I have lots of good memories from it, but it still is a part of my daily life. Also I have met almost all of my best friends in events related to Pokémon. My life would probably be very different without Pokémon.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • My brother and I used to play Pokemon outside using our imaginations only I'm seven years older so was doing this till I was 20...I'm 23 now and miss it more than ever cause I'll always cherish those hours spent outside no matter the weather. My younger brother is all grown up now and graduating this year and I just hope he appreciates those memories cause I always will. Pokemon very deeply impacted my life..and I'm damn proud of it.

Dulcet

The epitome of crazy
    Years
  • Pokemon has impacted my life because I got to make new friends who have the same interests as I do.

I have to say the same, without Pokemon I would've never met half of the amazing people I know today. I spent a lot of time playing pokemon when I was younger, and I still do now although not that much. But it has definitely had an impact on my life.

Ayselipera

No, I can't say Pokemon as impacted my life in a very big way. The biggest thing it has done has brought me to an online forum where I've met some interesting people. Whether it takes me any farther then that we'll see, but I guess anything is possible.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • Damn, of course yes.

When I first played Pokémon I was like 6 or 7 years old. By the time I didn't had many friends expect from those at School, and no brothers, cousins, nobody to play with me at home. So I focused on my first game ever, Pokémon Gold. Part of my personality was growing up thanks to this game. Thanks to Pokémon, I started to love animals and knowing that we should treat them well. Thanks to Pokémon I knew that hard work always repays. Thanks to Pokémon I learned that a good strategy can overcome brute force. Thanks to Pokémon, I learned to use my imagination beyond everything. Thanks to Pokémon, I have some of my best memories.

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Absolutely it has. To keep things short, I had an extremely bad childhood, and Pokemon was my escape from everything. It pretty much saved me a lot of the time. This is probably why i still play it today, cause it's done me so much good, and it's contributed to me in a lot of good ways.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I'd have to say; Definately. Been an only child I didnt really have much to do in my spare time when I was 4/5/6. I remember playing silver, completing it, and restarting it over and over again XD But long story short, yes pokemon has made quite an impact on my life, mainly been I cant imagine my childhood without playing it; I have all the figurines, games, stuffed toys and all sorts to remember those memories by. :D

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Oh yes. Definitely yes.

Hooked on the darn games in Grade 9, my curricular grades had little choice but to migrate south to avoid the Pokemon storm of the day.

My poor pillow would catch cold from lack of my manly fuzziness at night as its purpose was ignored in favor of bum cushions of the bedroom office chair.

On release day of Pokemon Platinum Version, I headed out to Toys R Us at 7.30 in the morning only to realize it was a Sunday. OMG! No wonder my butt was cold and my waiting time closed in on TWO HOURS in full beat down of -20 Celsius Edmonton winter.

My unemployment also is stretching ever longer as I for some reason I care not to ever know, my Pokemon games (and other video games) are getting played more often.

Now where is my Klondike Bar?

So long story short, Pokemon has:
    ~given me low sleep nights
    ~poorer grades in school
    ~minimal homework completion
    ~snot bubbles and strings... gross...

Last edited:

Celebi11

Despicable Me
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2013
    I must say yes...even though I only played for less than a year because ever since I learned Pokemon...my life changed. I even learned life lessons lol.

Back