• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Poll #3] The Supporting Cast

Which ones are your favorites?

• Misty

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Brock

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Tracey

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • May

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Max

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Dawn

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Iris

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Dento

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • [Weekly Poll #3] The Supporting Cast

Remember kids, if you want somebody to be your friend, all you've got to do is destroy their bike!

Many different people have joined Ash on his journey to be a Pokemon master. If it wasn't for his friends, he might not even be alive today! Overall, which of Ash's buddies are your favorites? In this Weekly Poll you get multiple votes. How exciting!

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I'm glad that we can do multiple votes since there are so many characters I liked that traveled with Ash. So far my top three are May, Dento and Iris.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • May of course. The person with the most actual character development, coolest Pokémon, best story, and cutest clothes. <3

And Dent is another favorite of mine because he's like Brock only less manly and more adorable.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I like Brocks character time him seems to come off as lecturous like Miroku from Inuyasha. I laugh when he is womanizing, that's what I kind of miss him. Dento atm seems kind of bland like he doesn't have much personality to him. All I got is he is cooking orientated, and he gets work up about his spoons apparently.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    They are all Main characters "¬.¬.

Im gonna be controversial and go for Tracey. IMO he was the most interesting and different trainer and a nice variety of pokémon. (Yes maybe only three but they were all unique) I loved his Marill. :3

Years
  • They are all Main characters "¬.¬.
    ._.
    The main character or protagonist of the show is Ash. After all, it is his dream of being a Pokemon Master after which the entire show is revolving. All the others mentioned in the first post are the supporting cast.

As for me, I'd go for May. She was surely the most interesting character we've had in the Pokemon Anime. Her contests were the only ones I actually liked.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

._.
    The main character or protagonist of the show is Ash. After all, it is his dream of being a Pokemon Master after which the entire show is revolving. All the others mentioned in the first post are the supporting cast.

Well, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I ment in my opinion, or "in my eyes". Come on, ever since May, Dawn and Iris, the show hasn't just revolved around Ash, it's gone around May and Dawn winning contests and around mysterious Iris, and her training her failure of a Kibago xD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Hmm, I suppose I like Dawn and Iris. Looking back, I didn't like Misty or May that much.

Well, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I ment in my opinion, or "in my eyes". Come on, ever since May, Dawn and Iris, the show hasn't just revolved around Ash, it's gone around May and Dawn winning contests and around mysterious Iris, and her training her failure of a Kibago xD

I'd say that May and Dawn were main characters of their series (along with Ash), but not Iris. Iris and Dento seem to be quite shafted in comparison, after their first few episodes.

Years
  • I picked Brock, May, and Iris.

Brock was great back in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, but he was extremely bland in DP. One of the more disappointing aspects of DP was the lack of interaction between Brock and Dawn. As much as I miss good ol' Brock I have admit that it was time for the anime to move on.

May is my favorite when it comes to all of Ash's female companions (Although we haven't seen too much of Iris). May had a very interesting team of Pokemon, but maybe I only feel that way because I love Hoenn Pokemon as a whole. Personally, believe May had a lot more character development than Misty or Dawn.

Iris is the new kid on the block, but I'm liking what I see so far. I love how she's so much different than all the previous girls. Dawn felt like a clone of May, and contests were getting old. I'm looking forward to learning more about both Iris and her Pokemon.

Only one Misty fan? Things are looking up.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Only one Misty fan? Things are looking up.

Omg, i think 2012 is happening.

I voted Misty, Brock, and Iris.

I would've liked May and Dawn, but every other episode they are doing a freakin' contest. And they are extremely boring. Seriously, i thought pokemon was about battling, not contests. -_- But still, May is the only good-looking female character, but that isn't enough to make me vote for you, darling.

*sigh* But I still miss all of the aforementioned characters.

On another note, Merry christmas, guys!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    May of course :) loved her design.she was amazing at contests and her rivals Drew and Harley were so funny
    I wish they would have kept her for the unova region :(

aglaya

Duchess of Heracross
    Years
  • Misty and Brock, because I spent my whole childhood watching them and not much can compete with that.

Max's okay, I've liked Iris and Dent so far, but Tracey was too fleeting and I've never managed to give up my grudge against pokemon coordinators - I hate May for even bringing contests into the picture, really.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • May and Misty. May because she is superfreakingawesomewithhertorchic, which is now a Blaziken, and Misty because she just rocks.

I never really liked Brock, bleh. Tracey was okay, I liked him as an artist :] Max got on my nerves, he didnt have any pokemon but he still traveled. And Dawn......well Im not too fond of her. Thanks a lot 4kids for dubbing her voice. Im going back to watching the Japanese version.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I couldn't stand May after a while xD Good that so many others like her then :p

I've only watched a few episodes of B/W but I really like Dento already. Something's off with his design... his eyes are weird :s But I like his personality.

Misty is the best female friend, partly because she was the original and partly because her relationship with Ash was wonderful xD

Dawn was good too though, a fresh breeze after May at least.

(and before someone says "but you've got May in your avvy!": No. It's Sapphire. She's completely different from May~ )

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm late on this, but May and Dento get my votes.

To me, May was the most interesting female character, and I also like her character design the best.

& Dento is.. actually my favorite character who's traveled with Ash so far.
    Not sure why, but I find him really neat, and he's so different from Brock and Tracey, and more interesting to me than most of the main females.
    Though, Iris gets some credit, I find her pretty likable so far.

Back