• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weight Loss tips

Years
  • *hope this is the right area to post this*

Anyone got any weight loss tips? I've been trying to lose weight but its hard so I thought I should ask if anyone has any tips on how to lose weight >_>

last time I lost weight was when I had tonsillitis and was sick for a week without eating or drinking anything.

and for the record, I am 17 stone and about 6ft (I haven't checked how tall I am in a while so that's a guess)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    Heya, I'm trying to lose a bit of weight so I know what it's like! I am a girl so that makes a very slight difference but you don't actually weigh much more than me.

My problem is eating when I'm bored; you think you're hungry but you just want something to do with yourself. Paul McKenna (famous hypnotherapist guy) got a couple of people to tap parts of their bodies with their fingers in a certain order, and it worked simply because it distracted them. Instead of eating, do you have a pet you could feed, walk or play with or something?

I also found a really great DS game called Weight Training; it comes with a pedometer attachment and it gives you nutritional advice, daily challenges to do and it's an at-your-own-pace kind of thing. So if you have a DS it's quite a sound investment. I also found just having a pedometer helpful, you can walk round the shops or down the road and track your steps. It's quite amazing how much you do in a day, I didn't realize!

I hope I've been helpful and not annoying, telling you stuff you already know or something. Good luck though, if I think of any more I'll post up!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Expend more energy than you take in.
    It's simple really, you don't need to change your diet (unless you only eat cakes or something xD), just make sure you burn what you consume. This is the ubiquitous truth that many companies capitalise on the public's ignorance of, although there may just be a bit more to it, but yeah.
    You claim to be twenty here so I'll say perhaps you should look into a more active job; just a thought.

You'd want to aim for being about 12 or 13st.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • It's easy to say that but it's never easy when your on the bigger side to do exercise.

Well what I actually meant was to encourage yourself to do a bit of exercise everyday. Maybe do 10 push-ups one day then 12 then next day then 14 after that etc.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
  • I don't need to lose weight, but i do try and keep care of myself by eating healthily. Do quite a bit of excercise aswell ^_^ My brother is overweight, but it's because he eats more than he burns energy. The best idea to lose weight is to burn more than you take in. ^^

Zet

Years
  • if you're really desperate, go see a doctor about getting steroids(or something similar to that which I can't remember the name of) to get the boost of energy to help you

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    If you're trying to lose weight, not have too much exercise and not be unhealthy, then I recommend-
    Drinking water when you have hunger pangs, or occupying yourself. Getting a hobby that takes your full attention can also help avoid hunger pangs. Drink water or tea to fill your stomach with something- any healthy energy drink, for all that matter, should work well as substitutes for food.
    Exercise, but not too much. Walking to places instead of taking a car or bus, or at least walking to a bus stop, can be good. Getting out more is good.
    This one's kind of obvious, but don't eat too much fast food : D.
    A good resolve to follow the above is pretty necessary too ^ ^

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I think what you actually need is some tips on what to do. I know it sounds hard but... exercise.

First of all, swim if you can. Swim till you push yourself to the limit, and then the next day you'll see that you can do more, cause your stamina will increase, and you'll lose fat too, two in one.
    Don't miss a day of swimming, otherwise the whole effort is reduced a lot, until you've done it continuously for more than a month.

Another great way is to make some muscle. Do some sit ups - till you totally tire out, then some push ups.
    Use dumbells (sp.) to help yourself if you have them.
    Making muscle has also got a lot of good sides:
    1. They look cool
    2. They make your body tight-looking, so all the fat is made tight too, and the fat is not that noticeable anymore.
    3. Muscles take a lot of energy to maintain, so your body will automatically burn fat for getting that energy. That's very good.

And finally, try drinking a lot of water and eating a lot food with a lot of fibre, 100% wholegrain bread and cereals, for example.
    Try making them substitutes for the other food that you eat. It will help you be more healthy.
    Eating more fibre helps you feel filled-up, so you don't easily feel hungry. That way, you'll automatically consume less food.
    Besides, food with fibre itself has very low fat contents.
    Also, it makes you visit to the toilet a great one XD, it true! :D

Steriods is one way, but it isn't natural, and neither is it healthy, so I wouldn't recommend it, but you may take that way if you wish.

And one big factor that will stop you from following these ways is laziness and forgetfulness.
    For that you can do something like, tell someone to tell you of it everyday till it becomes a habit, or maybe hang a note up on the place where you look a lot.
    Write an additional note on that page which might help you throw your laziness off. Trust me, it can be done!

All the ways I listed, if followed together, should help you lose fat real fast.
    All of these ways will help you in more than one way. So, I hope this helped! :)

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • Unfortunately, exercising and sticking to it is so much harder to do than say! =[
    Although, if you are serious about losing some weight, you need to exercise. My gym teacher gave us a handout about losing and maintaining weight (loss). Obviously, healthy foods like fruits&vegetables, whole grain products, milk, etc are your best bets. You need to do 60-90 minutes of exercise per day! This includes jogging on a treadmill/outside, and some weights. Also, consume a lot of water when you're hungry!
    I, myself, weighing around 105 pounds, feel that I have a little too much chubbiness on my thighs, but I could never exercise for 60-90 minutes a day! I'm way to lazy for that XD.
    Good luck to you, though! Hope I helped. =)

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Here is a sure fire way to help lose wight......don't eat as much.
    Though I do know how hard it is to stop eatting as much as you are used to. I my self am quite large. I simpathize with you.

-___- Man, if that wasn't a fat comment, I don't know what is.

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • Swimming, great for shedding pounds.

Gym - great also for weight loss, but for also toning up your muscles and losing a lot of dress sizes.

Martial arts, walking, wii fit - keeps you generally active.

I'd defo look into all the above, it's what I do anyway. Thanks to a combined effort of swimming, eating normally, gym, Taekwondo, I've lost like...2st almost, and thats under a year. Started training (well swimming and gym anyway) in July last year.

Taekwondo, been doing since May 2005.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What I'm doing to lose weight is slow... but working out.

I simply exercise every other day in PE class and not eat much, I do not have any breakfast besides a cup or 2 of coffee, I have a moderate lunch at 11:50, I come back home at 4 for another lunch and eat dinner at about 8.

Not too much, but also, the trick is...

Eat at the exact same time every day.

If your eating times vary, your body won't know when the next meal is coming, thus by internal instinct, it stores fat. If you really want it off, your body MUST know exact times of eating, thus ensuring internally that the time for food is coming, and it won't have to store more fat in case.

Also drink a lot of water, works slow, but it works big time. Try wearing Abercrombie jackets for optical illusions while it takes effect.

Imposter Oak

"hahaha omg ur so funny" True
    Years
  • You could try bellybouncing people to get some exercise or get some liposuction.

But more seriously, you could just make sure you don't come in contact with the food that makes you fat in the first place... don't bloody buy it! Make sure you only have food that's classed as healthy. You know... "if you can't pronounce all the ingredients or don't know what they are, don't eat it". Don't eat too little calories either, your body will go into starvation mode like a cactus and retain it all. If you're eating a balanced diet you generally feel better too, in the long term. You won't be as likely to resort to comfort eating.

Back