• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird Butterfrees...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
  • Weird Butterfrees...

Anyone know if this was ever explained? In The Orange Islands episode, Snack Attack, the person telling ash/misty/tracey about her grapefruit said she brought butterfree over to pollenate the flowers, and this was the flashback... was the odd coloring ever explained?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Its the exotic Pokémon. They have different colours. I believe there was a Vileplume and a few other Pokémon that had different colours aswel.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • xD, I saw very little of the orange islands episodes, mainly episodes new pokemon were caught, the gym battles, and final battle, which is why I asked...

So there's exotic pokemon and pink pokemon in the OI? O.o;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    They actually explained it very early on in the Orange Island arc. Basically, the Pokemon in the Orange Islands are differently-colored than others elsewhere because of their location and foodsources (due to their location).

Years
  • And the Pink Nidoking was the prelude to the coloring issues in G/S, I guess. Even though, this is answered, I'll leave it up for a bit for those who want to debate the color scheme. Whee.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Lol, the pink animals in "In the Pink" were explained, pikachu even turned partly pink momentarily, the berries they ate turned them pink =P

EDIT: PIC! =P

Weird Butterfrees...

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Pink Butterfree, you mean.

Since we were talking on OI, and G/S was on the horizon, it was the immediate connection for me. But yes, the Pink Butterfree was the first true, but I don't think at the time, the writers thought about the games's possible future color scheme.

And it's hard to keep track anymore. 500+ episodes, oy.

You got a new username, awesome. Heh.

Back