• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird Collecting Quirks and Habits!

Years
  • Do you have any quirks to the way you collect? Do you know someone who has some unusual collecting habits? Collectibles lend themselves to some quirky people getting hooked on them, so I'm genuinely curious as to what sorts of habits the Pokemon TCG has brought out in you that might be on the odd side of things!

As for myself, none that i can think of off the top of my head, aside from obsessively trying to collect all the bonus figurines the TCG has come with over the years.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Im starting to finish up my collection (for the time being) in that I am collecting base sealed items (i.e. decks, boosters). Some I've collected non-sealed such as a starter gift box.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I am obsessively trying to find and collect at least one copy of every card that Kanako Eo has illustrated! Another is that I also just collect a bunch of Pokemon and Trainer cards whose art just appeals to me.

I also tend to just impulse buy super cheap cards even if they're basically worthless just so I can say I have a collection.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I don't know if I really have any weird ones, but I do collect Mew, jumbo, and spoof cards (though slowly). I currently have 13 different Mew cards (14 if you count the POP Mew Delta error with the upside-down back) with another on its way, 10 jumbo cards (most of them are classic, like the all-in-one Legendary Birds, Mewtwo Strikes Back, and "Jiggly Jumbo"), and 6 spoof cards (which might not seem like much, but is a decent percent of the spoof cards made).

I also collect Shiny Pokémon, but I've never bought any online. I have 7 in total: Shining Raichu, Shining Kabutops (given to me by my cousin), Shining Mewtwo (obtained via trade), Mew* Delta, Suicune (Promo), Chandelure, and Deoxys. Hopefully I can get the CoroCoro Shining Mew promo eventually.

Last edited:

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
    Years
  • I am trying to collect the eevee lutions.

Im still missing Leafeon, Jolton, and Sylveon.

FUZZZZZZZ!

P.S. I say fuzz instead of bad words.

Years
  • Not really many weird habits in here it would seem, haha.

After thinking, I guess my strangest habit is posting the rare and Trainer contents of my booster packs. Which isn't really that abnormal. Well, that and insisting on sorting by set within binders and leaving empty slots for the cards I don't have.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    I burn through way too many sleeves and top-loaders on cards that are worthless in value lol

This is literally my 1st post by the way, just signed up. Hello!!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I guess for me it's that I prefer collecting older sets. Not really that weird though, for starters I can buy the full sets on eBay instead of having to buy booster packs, and if any of you've seen my post for my 10 Primal Clash pre-release packs, you'll know I don't have much luck with them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    If I choose to collect a set, I buy all the Holos/EX/Full Arts before I go for the Secret Rares. I broke that pattern in Dragons Exalted as I couldn't pass up he deal, but I buy all the set before I go for them. I guess you could call that a quirk.

Back