• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen weird elite four!!!!!!

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    that's what happened to me in sapphire. Also some of my pokemon weren't quite high-level enough to battle E4 (Wailord was only L41, sceptile L43) so I lost at steven. It was really close tho, we were both at our last pkmn with a sliver of Hp left

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    I had no probs getting my Typhlosion up to the 60's in Gold. And he was able to take on the E4 first time all by himself with only 2 Full Restores. I didn't really train him though, I just completed all the events and, yeah.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Cheeky Typhlosion said:
    I had no probs getting my Typhlosion up to the 60's in Gold. And he was able to take on the E4 first time all by himself with only 2 Full Restores. I didn't really train him though, I just completed all the events and, yeah.
    Were you stuck in a cave:t201-qu: Also did other Pokemon help you. If didn't give the moves of the Typhloison

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Personaly i find all the Elite 4s easy. I train my Pokémon early in the game. Usualy i will train my starter to level 18 so it has evolved even before i go into viridian forest in FireRed. Then i train Pidgey to Pidgeotto in the forest, and a catch and train a Pikachu. When i come out of the forest, my starter will be at least level 22 lol. I just love to train. Although i must admit i do find the Hoenn League hard. I usualy get stuck on Drake's Salamence. Anywayz i always catch a Dratini in Dragon's Den and train it before i even think about challenging the League. I've had my rant now :)

Buffalo State College
    Years
    hitme2k5 said:
    Personaly i find all the Elite 4s easy. I train my Pokémon early in the game. Usualy i will train my starter to level 18 so it has evolved even before i go into viridian forest in FireRed. Then i train Pidgey to Pidgeotto in the forest, and a catch and train a Pikachu. When i come out of the forest, my starter will be at least level 22 lol. I just love to train. Although i must admit i do find the Hoenn League hard. I usualy get stuck on Drake's Salamence. Anywayz i always catch a Dratini in Dragon's Den and train it before i even think about challenging the League. I've had my rant now :)
    This is the Metal and color Generation games Forum not FR/LG. Anyways sometimes alot of people do that, training there 1st 2 Pokemon to high levels.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    As mentioned, the reason G/S are 40-50 while R/B are 50/60 is because of balance. I've never actually looked into it in-depth, but that's just how it turns up when you're ready for the E4. By the time I reached the Elite 4 in R/B, my pokemon were nearing or had reached the level of the E4's pokemon. And in G/S, yep they were all near or around level 40. I don't know whether there was just more trainers or Team rocket battles in R/B to advance from or what.

And about the level 60 Typholosion, I should ask what levels your other pokemon were. I always train my Pokemon in a balanced way, meaning all of them are usually the same level with my starter maybe 2-3 levels ahead. When I see people on message boards showing their teams, and it goes like "Level 64 Feraligatr, Level 22 Pidgeotto, Level 18 Rattata" and such, I cringe.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    A lot of people do that. Have their starter Pokemon 2-3 levels higher than the other Pokemon and the other Pokemon are about the same level. This is what certaingood trainers will do like me for example. Having a very high level Pokemon and the rest are very low is not really right.

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    I did not get stuck in a cave, I am a very, very patient trainer. When I faced the e4 I also had (these are close estimates) an Espeon lvl 55, a Togetic lvl 49, a Lickitung lvl 53, a Growlithe lvl 46 (I didn't have a Fire Stone 2 evolve it) and a Magby lvl 33 (its pretty low compared 2 the othas, but I woz workin on it at the time). But I didn't use ne of them. I only used Typhlosion. The moves it nose r: Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Cut.

Back