• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokelover980

I am the Mama Luigi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2008
    Does Snorunt to Froslass confuse anyone? Or Snorunt to Glalie? How does a little snow monster turn into a rock?!
    EDIT: No, someone beat me to it!

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    I didn't even know Remoraid and Octillery were related until I read it on Bulbapedia.
    Now just how does a suckerfish turn into an octopus? Maybe it's because they both have to do with suction...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Weird evolution:
    Gastly > Haunter > Gengar

Ghost evolve into ghost and I don't know what the writers were actually thinking.

Zurich said:
    Chinchou>Lanturn
    Pineco>Forretress
    Snorunt>Glalie

I can get the Pineco evolution, maybe, but the other two are just confusing.

Katnip said:
    *shortened for the point*
    Remoraid>Octillery

I agree with your suction theory but it still puzzles my mind.

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    The weirdest one is remoraid -> Octillery. They seem to be in no way related...It just doesn't make sense.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    The weirdest one is remoraid -> Octillery. They seem to be in no way related...It just doesn't make sense.

Pistol to a Tank?
    You know, maybe instead of just posting what Pokemon are not like their pre-evoultions (which is pretty much Pokemon) you could try figuring it out.

Last edited:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Venonat > Venomoth
    Larvitar > Pupitar > Tyranitar
    Bagon > Shelgon > Salamence
    Torchic >>> Blaziken
    Natu > Xatu

You want a weirder evolution? Consider some Azurill have sex changes upon evolution.

Years
    Spoink > Grumpig

The only thing Spoink has that could qualify it as looking like a pig is its nose. Everything else is just weird. How does a living spring transform into a dancing pig?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    No, no, I checked, Butterfree was created right after Caterpie and Metapod.

What he's saying is that Butterfree's design was Originally intended to be Venonat's Evolution, same with Venomoth's Design and Metapod. I have some Action figures of Metapod and Venomoth, and from the right angle, their body structure are quite similar.

And the Pokemon aren't listed in the order they were made, except by Generation-to-Generation :/ In fact, in an interview with the creators, they design the Final Evolutionary Stage First and work Backwards from that design.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    What he's saying is that Butterfree's design was Originally intended to be Venonat's Evolution, same with Venomoth's Design and Metapod. I have some Action figures of Metapod and Venomoth, and from the right angle, their body structure are quite similar.

And the Pokemon aren't listed in the order they were made, except by Generation-to-Generation :/ In fact, in an interview with the creators, they design the Final Evolutionary Stage First and work Backwards from that design.

*Sigh* I know what he meant. But I told you I checked. They made Caterpie, then Metapod then Butterfree.
    In fact they made both Venonat and Venomoth before they made those three.
    By the way, what interview?

Patriots Fan 2010

The Pokemon Writer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2008
    To get to the correct area, all of the Pokemon that the Pokemon creator creates, has a unique area in artistory. Yes I know there is a lot of things that the Pokemon creator needs to advance on but it's his own creation.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Pokemon are based on evolutions. [highlight]Evolutions[/highlight] are major changes (or mutations) in the DNA in each offspring for many generations.

These mutations lead to new versions of proteins that help an organism and its future generations better adapt to changes in their environment.

Possibly, in the Pokemon world, this new "weird" evolution is to help the Pokemon adapt in other/new environments.

- To conclude this, in the Pokemon world, Pokemon with weird evolutions is just to probably help them live in other/new environments, to protect them better from prey, etc.. The Chinchou → Lanturn evolution, for example, Chinchou possibly evolved to Lanturn because Laturn lives deeper in the sea than Chinchou does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back