• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird funny things in Pokémon Anime

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    I've been watching some of the Pokemon Advanced Generation episodes and I've noticed some weird things in the series :

1.Why can't Ash's Team ever recognize Team Rocket in disguise ? (although there is, or are some times when they do). I know it's some of the things that every episode needs to have. But sometimes they just make team rocket look so obvious which makes me think it's a bit unreasonable to not recognize them in such bad disguise !

2.I know Pikachu doesn't like being put in the Pokéball, but if Ash did put him in it, Pikachu wouldn't be so easily stolen all the time by Team Rocket !

3.Meowth not using Pay Day ! I saw it in an Advanced episode where Ash uses the pokédex and it says Meowth can use Pay Day and a member from Team Rocket angrily asked Meowth why he never used it !

4.Pokémon knowing Pay Day. It just makes making money so easy ! People wouldn't have to even work, just find a Pokémon that knows Pay Day and teach it the move !

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I don't have an answer for question 1, lmfao. I've even asked that sometimes.

2. Ash respects the fact that Pikachu doesn't want to go into his Pokeball ever again. Yes on many many occasions this would have saved a lot of hassle but Ash is sticking to his promise

3. Meowth explained that he cannot use moves like that because he used all his energy by learning how to talk. The only move he does know is Fury Swipes and that's because it's easy for him to scratch someone swiftly

4. Idk. Trying to find logic in a cartoon is kinda lol

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • ^ There are plenty of logical cartoons, some notable ones being Avatar and South Park (sure, the latter is ridiculous and crazy, but it's meant to reflect the logic of modern society, and it does it well), and in terms of anime, pretty much 95% use it in one way or another.

Personally, I found the Muskrat Meatballs in one of the early episodes to be hilarious. It was really Takoyaki, and it's not really weird, but I think most localization changes by the Devil-Spawn that is 4Kids are pretty hilarious (or blasphemous, usually the latter).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For question 4, the writers (mostly) follow the games' standard of Pokemon learning moves (not taiking about level up, TMs/HMs, but it's leaning towards whether or not the Pokemon can actually learn the move in the games). For instance, for a Pokemon to learn the move Pay Day in the anime, it must be able to learn the move in the games as well. Currently, Meowth is the only Pokemon who fits the bill (Persian can learn it too to an extent).

However, there are times when the writers screwed up on that. For example, Starly and Staraptor were seen using Gust in the anime when they can't learn it in the games. Other examples include Girafarig with Bite, Munchlax with Giga Impact, Tranquill with Wing Attack and Swanna with Blizzard.

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    4.Pokémon knowing Pay Day. It just makes making money so easy ! People wouldn't have to even work, just find a Pokémon that knows Pay Day and teach it the move !

The value of the currency in the game is quite low. When I used Pay Day at Route 114 (west of Fallabor Town) in Sapphire I think I got about 300 from a Pokémon (Lv. 15-18). In the games this kind of money gets you nowhere as you make more money on trainer battles. I dont know if the amount of money increases when the levels are higher, but I still think that you make more money on trainer battles.

I know that the trainers in the anime don't pay each other when they loose and I don't know if the value of the currency is the same as in the games, but I still don't think that using Pay Day in the anime wouldn't generate much profits (unless Team Rocket captures a bunch of Meowth, Persian, Purrloin and Liepard and start their own "Pay Day factory"). That'd be a good episode plot. Anyone agree?

Last edited:
    Back