• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Weird Pokémon so far

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2011
    Yeah, as much as I AM looking forward to the games, some of the Pokémon look pretty weird. The one I think is the weirdest is Gear, the Gear Pokémon. I don't know whether to call it weird, or hilarious, but I'm hoping they'll change the name by the time it's translated. So, what's a weird Pokémon so far for you?

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
    Yes, Gear is a bit strange... however when I saw it in battle, spinning, it looked kind of cool. I just hate it's weird... face lol

Also, Munna... what's the pink thing on it's face? D:

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
    Oh gosh! I forgot about the blob thing and gothic...spring... thing...
    I really hope they show us the proper art soon because I have no idea what to make of them xD

The green blob looks like it could be interesting at least.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Yeah, as much as I AM looking forward to the games, some of the Pokémon look pretty weird. The one I think is the weirdest is Gear, the Gear Pokémon. I don't know whether to call it weird, or hilarious, but I'm hoping they'll change the name by the time it's translated. So, what's a weird Pokémon so far for you?

Charmeleon was Lizard in Japanese. Atricuno was Freezer.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Someone didn't get a look at Koromori... That is the stupidest idea ever surpassing even Mijumaru...

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
    The only Pokémon I still think looks odd is the blue-and-red mountain-thing. Otherwise I'm quite satisfied with what we've been shown so far.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    All the starters at first bugged me.

The pig is okay now and the grass one is pretty good now.

The water one looks straight out stupid(not familiar with the names yet)

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    Enough with the Mijamaru hate! Haha. Well. Koromori is a stupid idea. I like Geer. That gloating green thing, the gothic thing, and the coffin all are weird.

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
    Enough with the Mijamaru hate!

Seriously. Upon seeing the silhouettes, I always thought Tsutaaja would end up being the one everyone loved to hate. Guess I was a bit off on that one.

Mijumaru looks cute, if you ask me. Although I probably won't use him as my initial starter, as I always choose the grass types, he's really giving Tsutaaja some serious competition.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    Koromor, Desuka, Mijumaru, and the gothic girl... and I can't forget Mijumaru again.

All of which are self explanatory

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
    Who's Desuka?

Also, I thought Munna was kinda weird when I first saw it, but I'm starting to like it now. These are just opinions and you know what they say about those: Everyone has one.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I like Gear and Desukaan. Mijumaru is ugly. Munna is weird, although I'm warming up to it now. I still realise it's weird though; I guess that's the charm. The green floating thing and the black-dressy thing are really weird.

The reason Gear, Lizard, Freezer, etc. are so bluntly/uncreatively named is because they are the English words. They weren't just translated to English. So they still seem foreign to the Japanese.

Hydrath

Years
    Huh, didn't know that Charmeleon and Articuno's names were so... blunt.
    Artic/cold and uno/spanish word for one
    Zap/Electric and dos/spanish word for two
    Molt/Hot and Tres/spanish word for three

Articuno (one)
    Zapdos (two)
    Moltres (three)

The three legendary birds are numbered for you :/

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Artic/cold and uno/spanish word for one
    Zap/Electric and dos/spanish word for two
    Molt/Hot and Tres/spanish word for three

Articuno (one)
    Zapdos (two)
    Moltres (three)

The three legendary birds are numbered for you :/

Lol...he meant their japanese names(lizard and freezer)...And if u think that's blunt ,what about moltress(fire),zapdos(thunder),kakuna(cacoon),pidgeotto(pidgeon),haunter(ghost),crabby(crab) ???....This makes even "gear" look creative

Who's Desuka?
    It's desukaan....The sarcophagus pokemon

Last edited:

Hydrath

Years
    Lol...he meant their japanese names(lizard and freezer)...And if u think that's blunt ,what about moltress(fire),zapdos(thunder),kakuna(cacoon),pidgeotto(pidgeon),haunter(ghost),crabby(crab) ???....This makes even "gear" look creative
    idk japanese so i wanst trying to object that statement, i was merely pointing out other thing relating to articunes name and the other birds

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I actually have grown to like all of them, but I would say my least favorite and the one that I think looks odd is the rock thing with color's similar to Nosepass.

Back