• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird things that make you happy

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I like it sometimes when I am in the car and it goes over a hill and it makes my tummy feel happy inside.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Seeing something novelty that can make me laugh.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    • Torrential downpours (drizzling rains do no good whatsoever)
    • When I'm flipping through channels and I see that a show I haven't seen in years is on
    • Tulips
    • Those mildly warm early Spring days where there's a gently breeze :)

There's obviously more things, I just can't think of anything else at the moment.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • The rain and being on a modern facility on the side of a snowy mountain. Also, being in a twilight-like planet where the deep-blue sky is eternal and it's cold.
    See Tegami Bachi.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Weird things that make me happy;
    • Flossing
    • Accidently plaiting my earphones into my hair
    • Pulling up my socks after they fall down [I remembered this after someone else on here mentioned it]
    • Cleaning under my nails with sharp implements
    • Feeling cold metal with both my hands
    • Seeing protectiveness
    • Wiggling my nose. xD'
    There's other stuff, but I can't really remember right now.
    Might edit if I remember anything of magnitude. :3

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Also, I like humming Scarborough Fair.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Going out in the rain, coming back soaked through and having a nice hot bath.

Old book smell — no, not new books, really old books.

Eating an uncut animal, which is to say the whole body of the thing is, like, there, whole, bones an' all. No head though, we humans have odd tendancies towards any form of face... like oh, if its eyes aren't gouged out it will watch you eat itself and its spirit will come after you.

Speaking of which, such fantastic beliefs are nice too, provided nobody cares too much about them...

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Lying down and just thinking.
    Finding something new out for the first time.
    Not having my hair really short when having a haircut.
    Taking off on a plane is always a good thrill b^^b

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Old book smell — no, not new books, really old books.

Same here. I adore the smell of really old books.

• Realising that a word I'm thinking about has a Latin or Greek origin.
    • Finding something that has something to do with Classics
    • Making random connections to Classics.
    • Getting a new email
    • Thinking about Classics
    • Cleaning my glasses
    • Making funny faces in a mirror
    Yup. XD
    xX

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    old timey stuff (:
    like pianos or record players >//<

Oh, me too! Record players rock. Anyway, I love old timey music. It makes me very happy inside. I love listening to a bit of jazz on piano, and the sound of a record turning is very calming to me.

And for whatever reason, the sound of a barbetshop quartet makes me really happy. I really don't know why. I'm a choir nerd, and I love the sound of guys' singing. It sounds so weird saying that. Lol. I guess that's the point of this thread, though. Barbershop quartets for the win.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that likes the smell of books. The older the better.

Years
  • When I finish reading all the books from some saga, trilogy, something like that, except the last one that still hadnt come out. Then I wait for a year or so, the book finally comes out, so I buy the book, sit on my bed at home, open it and smell it. Smell of this kind of book makes me extremely happy. Its a smell of a victory. I also love the sound of wraping paper. Like when I open some present, or a video game... the best thing on it is that plastic on it. Because of that I also watch lots of unboxings on youtube. And that is really weird. Watching other person opening a box and feeling happy because of it...

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Puppies. I know puppies are naturally cute, but it makes me so happy when they do the "squinty-eyes" face. You know, when you pet them in just the right spot or when they're sleepy and they close their eyes. It's the most adorable thing in the world.

The smell of books. I'm not sure why. There is something satisfying about it.

The sound of water also makes me happy. Either splashing in it, stepping through it, whatever. I like it.

I probably have more, but I just can't think of them right now.

Edit: Actually just thought of this while I pressed the icon to post. For whatever reason, I absolutely love the sound of old keyboards when they click-clack when you type. I love it so much. Any keyboard sound will do, but the "clackier," the better.

Edit Again: Random quotes also make me happy. Callandor's post below me (your quote in the signature) reminded me. Hahaha.

I have a few from video games and a lot from books that make me happy. I actually have a quote book full of them. Some are funny and others are more inspirational. One of them that makes me really happy is from a book called "Just Listen" by Sarah Dessen. A character says, "Silence is so freaking loud." For whatever reason, I smile whenever I think of it.

All of this, pretty much. xD

The smell of running water (as in a stream/river/brook/creek) in the middle of a forest is satisfying to me.
    I also like poking/nudging/prodding/kind of running into people. (not overly so, though, and only to friends.)
    People playing with my hair feels nice to me.
    And, sometimes, there will be these passages in books that are just so perfectly described... it gives me chills. Most of the time, they're just like a sentence or two, but I will go back and read those bits over and over. The two I remember best are in The Tale of Despereaux and The Red Pony.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I have strange'uns.

- Things that send a shiver down your spine (this includes touching the ends of your hair, pulling cotton wool apart, trying to write with a broken pencil)
    - Cracking the spine of new books
    - When I finish a level or something in games, I get immense satisfaction. Same when a game character thanks me or compliments me... I get so happy!
    - Watching the clock when it says 11:11 or 12:21, waiting for palindromic times
    - When I've just successfully sang an entire song without forgetting any of the lyrics or messing up the order (a rare occurance in my life)
    - Hurting people (in a nice way... is there such a way? I mean, just light scratches, makes them go "ow!" and then its forgotten about)
    - New boots!
    - Waking up, seeing it's afternoon and going back to sleep anyway
    - When someone mentions something that I thought only I knew about (Like Full Moon wo Sagoshite, or The Mighty Boosh)
    - Clicking my neck and spine

I could go on. :D

Back