• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Weirdly popular HGSS pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Magcargo.

Got her (in a slugma form) via mystery gift.

She is my most powerful pokemon on HG!

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    tbh, i caught Mareep just for the sake of keeping it Mareep. I walked around with that sheep and I prevented that thing from evolving. While Ampharos is good, its just plain ugly. As for Heracross.. it needs to vomit whatever its holding back

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    I used an Ampharos till the 8th Gym. Where I caught Raikou. I decided having 2 electric types on my team would give me a MASSIVE weakness to Ground. So I had to box Ampharos or Raikou. Raikou was a legendary,and Legendary=More Power Than Non-Legendaries, so I boxed Ampharos.
    I never train Bugs, so Heracross was a big No-No for me.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    Eh, I've had an Ampharos. It was probably the second Pokemon I caught and I used it up until the Elite Four. Then I got to Kanto and I just shoved it in the box and started using Kanto Pokemon. I don't really know what other "popular" Pokemon I use, since I really just go by whatever I think is cool in the moment.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Why hello there thread bumpage - make sure to check that the thread is less than 30 days old since the last post before posting please!

However I'll leave this open and see how conversation goes for this again seeing there's already new three posts and it had good discussion before. (!)

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Mareep is so cute and you can get one after Violet City, or in other words almost immediately after beginning of the game.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    I grabbed a Mareep the first chance I got as I needed one to fill up the dex in my main Diamond game but it also proved to be a good choice for my SS team as it's pretty powerful.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Me? My favorite on my team? My Rapidash! (In HeartGold.) I love him.
    And ind SoulSilver: Electabuzz. I caught it as a Elekid in my Pokewalker and felt like using it on my team. Now I'm never taking Electabuzz off my team.
    As for the most popular: Mareep and Marill everyone has them in the games.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Mareep is mostly overused becuase it is so easy to get in the beginning. I never personally like heracross, dunno why...

Last edited:

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    I think a lot of people like Mareep for good reasons! I've always been a fan but I can't tell what Ampharos is supposed to be, a dinosaur? As for Heracross, I've always liked it but tend not to use Pokemon that don't evolve.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I always use Ampharos in my Johto games. It is one of my favorite pokemon.

I love Heracross but never thought of using one on my team... that is a good idea :P

Years
    mareep/ampharos it just really good. awesome speed and sp atk, decent defenses, and that's the combo you want in pokemon. also the nostalgia factor plays a big role...

I think scizor is a really excellent pokemon too. no more weakness to flying or to ice or to rock. gains a weakness to fighting, but it's defense is so high it doesn't matter. and the fire weakness it already had, plus most fire attacks being special means they would have killed it anyway. and then high attack, and technician ability makes it crazy good

Back