• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WEIRDOS WANTED!!!

rom hunter

tongue-tied
    Years
    There are times when we take uncanny decisions, make unpopular choices. Have you ever been weird when it comes to pokemon in any sort of way? It may be liking some less popular pokemon or hating a really cute one. It may be a weird battling strategy or taking some unbelievable decision in the game. It may even be something such as never evolving a pokemon which anyone else in your place would have. Share you weirdest moments, likes and dislikes in the world of pokemon.

(Note that your choice and decision need not be weird in your sense but from others point of view.)

As of me, I always hated Pikachu in pokemon games because of its poor defense and because I cant stand it evolving into a Raichu. Also, I admire Gary/Blue more than Ash/Red. Another thing is that I hate cats being showed as bad characters so I would have liked Meowth to be Ash's pokemon rather than Team Rocket's. Another weird thing I did was way back when I was a kid and was playing Pokemon Blue. The game had bugs and pokemon centres didn't worked. I was so crazy about pokemon that I completed the main storyline i.e. upto defeating the Champion relying just on two healing spots - home in Pallet Town and the Pokemon Tower in Lavender City. To make things weirder, this happens to be the very game in which I caught highest number of pokemon (100+) (in future I always focused on best six rather than pokemon collection).

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2015
    hello! wazaker here,
    my weirdest experience is that I always wanted a wolf kind of pokemon. I mean they have a cat right why not a wolf?, for me i consider houndoom a goat cuz it looks more of a goat than dog, mightyhyena well, its still not a wolf, and the fire-type dog that i forgot the name, its more like crossbreed of dog and lion, anyway i still keep high hopes that new generation will finally include one... thats all......

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    The following Pokemon are cute in my opinion, but seemingly not in many other opinions:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

rom hunter

tongue-tied
    Years
    hello! wazaker here,
    my weirdest experience is that I always wanted a wolf kind of pokemon. I mean they have a cat right why not a wolf?, for me i consider houndoom a goat cuz it looks more of a goat than dog, mightyhyena well, its still not a wolf, and the fire-type dog that i forgot the name, its more like crossbreed of dog and lion, anyway i still keep high hopes that new generation will finally include one... thats all......

We should be the weirdo brothers then. Even I wanted a wolf pokemon.

I'm weird...I'm a member of Team Rocket....not always well liked organization...

Well, saying honestly, there are more weirdos out there rather than normal people. Team Rocket's have got huge fan following. Maybe there's even a Team Rocket Fan Club. Count me in.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I don't know if this counts as weird or not, but up until Origins came out my least favourite area in any game was the Pokemon tower in Lavender town. I hated it because it was shown as a funny place in the anime and a serious place in the game. I don't know but I never liked the idea of Pokémon dying. They faint and that's still a bit weird to me (yes, its got to be believable) but I guess its a little bit of childish "not likey" to it. The way it was shown in Origins though completely changed my mind and perception of it. It was so well done and showed a soft and very real side of pokemon.

Although its a very clever way of giving you money in the game, I don't think team rocket is gonna give you money when you beat them in battle. I don't buy it, pardon the pun.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think Feraligatr should've been the most popular Johto starter. Typhlosion is just a Charizard wannabe in my opinion.

I hate Stunfisk very much. People are overglorifying it because of its derpiness, but it's just really unattractive in my opinion.

Emolga is my most hated Pikachu clone of all time.

Umbreon and Glaceon are the most overrated Eeveelutions ever, in my opinion.

I love the Zubat and Vanillite lines.

I prefer Pokestar Studios over Pokemon Contests any day of the week.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2015
    im with you with the typhlosion, but hey, if your interested in making an all mouse team.

marill- water
    cyndaquil- fire
    pikachu- lightning

are powerful combo team, and you cant deny it.....

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    im with you with the typhlosion, but hey, if your interested in making an all mouse team.

marill- water
    cyndaquil- fire
    pikachu- lightning

are powerful combo team, and you cant deny it.....
    What about Sandshrew for Ground, and Rattata for Normal? Can't think of any other mice except maybe the Minccino line.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Well, if it counts, I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't really care much for Eeveelutions or Eevee.

I mean they're cute yeah, but they're not the greatest thing since sliced bread like a lot of people seem to think. (Here's looking at you, tumblr.) I've always been detesting of them since everyone has this crazy idea that there should be an Eeveelution for every type, or that there should be more than we already have.. which is complete insanity. I don't want a mini Arceus that everyone can fawn over more than they already do.

Also, I really just don't think Mew's that cute at all. /pulls up flameshield ovo;
    I think a lot of the other small legendaries are way cuter.. like Celebi and Victini for starters. <v<;

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    when starting a new game i spend days, weeks planing my attack strategy, and then end up giving up halfway through because i got sick of grinding or i had other things that interest me more. this is especially true for RSE, as i play that the most, where i plan out when i get the TMs for the movesets, how to level up, settling on deadlines, ect. all i need to do is use this for school. @_@

Years
    I was one of those people who detested the idea of Mega evolution and hoped it was mostly speculation and that nothing would translate to the actual games. However, since then, I've grown to appreciate them, and have one on my Y team, haha. Felt like I was such a weirdo back when everyone was freaking out about them!

Also, if it counts, when I was a kid, me and two or three of my close friends who also loved Pokemon would go to the very back end of the playground area at recess and have pretend Pokemon battles with each other. Nerdy, yes, but lots of fun. I remember getting kicked out for a while because I used Celebi against them, even when we agreed on banning legendary Pokemon. d:

Years
    I... I don't liek Mudkipz :o

Haha well it's not that I DISlike them, I just never really understood the hype behind them, probably due to my Treecko love overshadowing it haha. The Mega Evolution for Swampert has made me warm a little more towards the line though lol :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I absolutely never kept a plant or flying type pokèmon in my team or i always had to catch them only in order to let them learn cut or fly >:(
    or i had only one pokemon like lvl 40 in the second gym and the other were like lvl 5 or so :D
    Every time i also had and still have a pokèmon in my team that has something to do with swords (like scyther or his evolution or other steel type pokèmon) because i think swords are awesome °^°

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Also, if it counts, when I was a kid, me and two or three of my close friends who also loved Pokemon would go to the very back end of the playground area at recess and have pretend Pokemon battles with each other. Nerdy, yes, but lots of fun. I remember getting kicked out for a while because I used Celebi against them, even when we agreed on banning legendary Pokemon. d:

This, except we'd pretend to actually go on Pokémon Adventures. But then one of them moved on to Bakugan (I'm only 15, and this was like in 2nd/3rd grade) and then I was all alone.

BelllyDrum

I've eliminated 10 seconds!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2014
    I love Water types, but not fish-like ones. Only exception is Whiscash.
    I don't like Blazekin.
    I enjoyed the Pokemon Ranger series.
    I don't like Gyarados.
    Uh... and I love Solrock's design.

Flow So Gorgeous

Flipping Awesome
    Years
    I always go with the grass starter, except for the 5th gen, when I went with Lillipup as my starter.

Also, I like inanimate object Pokemon. They're cute.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I hate to break it to you, but Gary is based on Green. Blue is the girl from the Pokémon Adventures manga. Pokémon Green was only released in Japan, and Pokémon Blue was released later on, in the US. Due to a mistranslation, they had an option to name the rival Blue, hence the mistake. If you've ever played FireRed, and LeafGreen, you'll probably notice how they fixed that, and you now have an option to name the rival Green. :P

Back on topic:

- Charizard, and Blaziken are overrated.
    - Gen. 1 isn't the best generation. Sorry, dear genwunners.
    - Mega evolutions suck.

Back