• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to the jam

SLBros.

Skinny purple guy
    Years
    I am very bad at introducing myself, I didn't even tell you my name yet. But well uh, I gotta start with something.

I'm SLBros., some random dude like many others. I'm 17, and I'm a student in computer and network programming. Well, not yet, as I just graduated and we're on holidays. I have way too much time on my hands, and like every time I spend time browsing the web at 4 AM, I register on a forum. (seriously what's the deal with me registering to forums at that time) I'm also ZVAARI on Youtube but who cares
    I've been lurking Pokécommunity for a bit now and thought I'd register. What I'd really like to do now is to actually be (and stay) active, as I just can't be a regular poster on a forum. Oh well, if one day I drop off the face of Earth, don't be alarmed, I'll come back some months later with no reason whatsoever

I'm the kind of guy who tries to do great stuff but gives up halway through. I bet the depths of my computer hides a lot of weird videos and unfinished romhacks. Oh god, romhacks, how can you even have the same will to make a game alone for 3 years straight? This is insane. Won't stop me from trying though. Maybe one day I'll finish SOMETHING.

I bet you can't guess, but I PLAY POKEMON. Totally unexpected. I've played pretty much all Pokemon games I can think of, expect POKEMON CONQUEST BECAUSE THANKS FOR NOT TRANSLATING IT NINTENDO
    I'm not into competitive at all though, I didn't even attempt any Battle Tower in any game because I'm just so bad with strategy. I bet this makes you wonder why I play Pokémon, but uh I guess I find it fun to destroy NPCs with the same attacks over and over
    And outside of Pokémon, I play lots of stuff. Lots of retro games in fact. Also I own "Barkley: Shut Up and Jam", which uh I guess is kinda sorta maybe not half bad at all.
    The first games I've ever owned were Super Mario Land, the original Spyro trilogy and Pokémon Yellow, and if anybody has one of those I'LL BUY THEM BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND THOSE GAMES ANYWHERE- and today I'm on Steam. (I guess you can add me if you wish)
    also if any of you played a Ratchet game, you're good and I like you

Well, this has gone for way too long, congratulations to anybody who could read all of that. Thanks anyway if you tried.
    I'm a frenchie though, still learing the subtilites of the english language, so please excuse any mistakes in my posts.
    Hope to see you somewhere else!

In short: Hi!

I couldn't help but snicker a bit at your introduction as I read it. You seem like a really fun person so I hereby welcome you to the wonderful world of PokeCommunity! :D

It's pretty cool you're going to be studying computer programming; my friend is studying that right now and she says it's really hard. There's a lot of math involved apparently, and she was one of the best people at math in our high school so it's surprising to see her struggling so much.. :( But it still seems fun and I'd have loved to try that if my math skills weren't atrocious, baha. Check out Technology & Internet for all discussions relating to coding, tech, programming and the like. Maybe one of these days you can teach me, yeah?! But joking aside, good luck with your YT channel as well! Seems like there are a lot of people making videos nowadays so it can be tough to stand out and finding good content among the sea of mediocre things is really hard. I've always wanted to try doing Let's Plays in particular but with how shy I am and how much I hate talking loudly, it probably wouldn't work out. More of an unreachable side dream than anything.

Since you're interested in gaming (who isn't) then the Video Games board will also be for you, so be sure to look around. I haven't played many of the super retro games but a lot of people on PC have so it's worth it to look around the gaming board and discuss things with everyone. You can let us know what you're currently playing as well! My Steam account is gathering dust and I'm not really sure when I'll ever use it. Terraria, one of my favorite games, isn't available for Mac and that's what I use now, so. v_v

By the way, you're in France? That's amazing! Upsetting to hear that Conquest wasn't translated, I found it to be a very good game. Any big Pokemon fan such as yourself is welcome here and you'll be able to discuss that as well as myriads of off-topic things here on PC anytime. :) You can try out hacking through Emulation & ROM Hacking as well, though that's one of the biggest places here so I'm sure you already know about it. BUT YOU MUST NOT GIVE UP.. find a way to keep yourself inspired and keep pushing on! I'm so much like you in that regard since I tend to give up on some things, but that's a pretty evil habit to have. Gotta fight those lazy demons and work your way up to the top.

Anyways, have a great time here, SLBros! I'm proud to say that I've read your entire introduction so hopefully that earns me a cookie. See you around and do let a moderator know if you need any help, yeah?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    tl;drs, tl;drs everywhere.

not that it's a bad thing though! haha xD

Anyways, welcome to the forums, SLBros! Lovely to see you here. <3 I'm Megan and I'm glad to meet you. You got quite the introduction there, as we seem to share a lot of common ground. :) I love retro games as well. Classic Mario? You got it. I want to play Super Mario World as it is my favorite game of all time. The new Mario game is really interesting, btw! I wish I had a 3DS to play it though. :(

I'm also a computer major as well. I'll be taking two programming classes in the fall semester. Something tells me I should totally brace myself for that. xD It's great to see you're also into computers too, maybe we can talk about technology stuff sometime! ^__^

Anyways, you'll love the community so much! It's the best place to be! Have a wonderful time here and well...drop a VM if you like! Have fun & see you 'round!

Years
    Hey there SLSBros., and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

TL;DR is TL;DR nahh, j/k, but we're so glad to have you here! Unlike you, I immediately joined this forum when I found out about its existence but I didn't really stay at all (I think I made to 15 posts then quit) and then I returned in 2011, posted some more and quit until 2012 then I began posting more. It wasn't until this year that I began posting on a daily basis and become active in the community, but you should be able to easily call PC your home! (: And just like you, I am going to be a computer science major as well when I start school in the fall :D

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure that you look over all of the rules here, so that you don't wind up getting into trouble at all.. the last thing we want to see from a new member is them winding up with an infraction simply by not following a small and simple rule :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting anyone around here on staff (users with the bold usernames), and they would be more than glad to help you out anytime! ;D

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! You are always welcome to send me a friend request if you want! And always feel free to leave a VM on my profile or send me a PM if and whenever you want to chat with me! ^_^

Back