• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to the Pixel Palace.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
  • For my threads 40th post, heres a new few sprites :D
    lunaraixpupoonshadowed.png

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Dayum these are amazing, I can't believe I didn't see em yet!
    Your sprites have great lineart and the shading is top notch.

Your big sprites are also great although I think you made Aggrons arms too thin and too long, however the others (such as Onix) are just win.

I especially love that killer plany...
    You even got successfully did the dripping saliva! And the petal shading's great.
    Hopefully you'll change the base it's standing on though since imo it doesn't really fit with the plant.

Anyways keep the good work up! I can't wait to see that flower! XD
    Victreebell's gonna crap his bell when he sees this.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Even I knew that :D
    Let me guess, mongolion(wrong spelling.. i think) death worm?
    Its looking pretty awesomei hope to see more. The splitting ground could use a little line art work?

The steamer head line is fantastic
    and yourth thread post sprites are just wow. even included shadows xD
    So shiny and detailed. Whats with the part golden tails though?

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • the golden tails are just like a stripe, if you look they have it running down their backs as well. its just a different color fur.

I'm working on a HUUUUGE sprite right now, I've been working since 5:30 pm today and its now 9:15 and I'm not even done with the outline! It will still be a few hours before I even finish the outline, and after that I've got some shading I need to do! and if your wondering what I'm spriting, lets just say its My favorite pokemon, and ****ing Manly as ****, and is fully evolved. I cant wait to show you guys the outline because I'm very pleased with it so far!

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • not the huge sprite, but I'm working on spriting fire. I suck at the moment, and i need help spriting fire.
    altigoat.png

Years
  • steamerhed.png
    geyserhed.png

I love the concepts, but I think the steam/gas/smoke/whatever looks pixelly and not smooth like the Pokémon is. It might look better if you removed some of the dithering and instead add anti-aliasing to make the colours blend and the steam/gas/smoke/whatever to look smooth. If I recall, the style for gases and sometimes clouds have one or two colours as their selective outlining.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • @:Logiedan: I'm afraid I'm not exactly sure what anti-aliasing is :/ I've heard it used but i dont know what it is...

@Aquadan: I scratched up a trainer once...wasnt too good. Other than that, I havent played around with trainers too much...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Anti-aliasing is using steps of colour to smooth the transition between two contrasting areas, such as shading, separate colours and outlines.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • um i think it is..
    [body color]{A color to smooth the trasition of colors}[shading]
    [shading]{Can be used for this too}[outline]

Hope you understood D:

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • well after a long neglect of this place, i have a few new sprites to show y'all, starting with the most recent!
    Barockuda
    barockuda.png
    Rock/Water type :D

Radinal
    radinal.png

Bullfrog
    bullfrog.png

Fury
    fury.png

Jijinpo by Chou Toshio on Smogon
    jijinpo.png

Seabris and it's evo by NintendoPalkia1 on Deviantart
    seabris.png

Nohface for Smogon CAP
    nohface.png
    nohfaceshiny.png

Trainer of mine named Silvan
    silvan.png

Redo of the Epic Worm
    newwormlineartstage1.png

Progress on redo of the Epic Worm
    newwormlineartstage2.png

and Last, but DEFINITLY not least, the link to my HUGE sprite!
    The Ultimate, The Hugest, THE BEST of all sprites!

Last edited:
    Years
  • That Steelix is more like digital art, unless you really did do it pixel by pixel including the anti-aliasing. If so, then it is more of a hybrid which is pixel art that is anti-aliased that made it look like digital art. Everything else is fun, but what I recommend is adding some anti-aliasing for most of your eyes for your Fakemon.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • yeah, its pixel art, i did it on MSPaint.

Thanks for the comments Logiedan!

Also I have a new sprite! I made my own version of the Ekans line, its for my hack and if you want to use them, you may, just give me a small bit of credit kay?

ekanslineredone.png

Back