• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Maybe he means Infestation? It's a Bug type move that traps the opponent for a couple turns, similar to Fire Spin.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Sorry about that, but yeah I should have said infestation. Well any ways it was a though, not sure how popular volt turn cores

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ooh I like the pic for the PCL subforum splash

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Found my old 1400 ELO account, lost 2 games on it and now it's down to 1350.

Oops, looks like I'm a little rusty.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • nice to have you back pokedra

i've been laddering a bit but opponents who take very long on thoughtless moves really take the enjoyment out of it

omg, this. i think length of matches in general is a problem. i remember wanting to play "a quick match before bed" during metagrossite test so i made up some bs account so i'd get a low ladder opponent. joke's on me, i got someone who knew what he was doing and had a 20-minute chess match.

glad that trickscarf game extending gothitelle isn't banned woo

also, obligatory "yes i know i am on the internet" but it would be awesome if some opponents weren't such incredible dickheads. you legitimately wonder if/how these are real human beings.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Sometimes I wonder if part of it's lag. I remember that main was having serious lag issues for a while, and it probably wasn't completely fixed.

Either way, it's fucking annoying when you select you move and are sitting there waiting for a minute for the turn to play out

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Nah, some people really just take time to choose moves u_u

I usually go auto-pilot when laddering so it frustrates me when my opponent doesn't respond fast enough--this is when I usually turn on the timer.

Years
  • I remember the first times I used Netbattle, it was a 5 minute countdown after the first person made their move, and that was the case every time. But once someone joked about how one might try to hold off on making their move on the off-chance that the opponent sends in a Pokémon with Intimidate so it'll be wasted...

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Yeah I ran into one of those time-wasters yesterday.

I tabbed out to browse Facebook and accidentally closed the PS tab.

There are worse ways to lose ELO I suppose.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Yeah I ran into one of those time-wasters yesterday.

I tabbed out to browse Facebook and accidentally closed the PS tab.

There are worse ways to lose ELO I suppose.
    iirc u can reenter the battle if you go thru ur history and clicking the link to the battle or something like that.

and on a side note sometimes i get fed up of waiting for people i just browse thru other tabs first, then when i realise "oops im still battling" lol i stall myself out x-x

MasterLemon

What's for tea?
    Years
  • Well.... I was time-stalled on the server a couple of days ago. How do you get time-stalled here?.

And as much as I hate when people takes their time to make moves, I understand them. Sometimes you need to think before making your move, it's actually pretty important.

I can stomach it when opponents take their time to make their moves, particularly if they're in a checkmate position like having a Psychic-type trapped against a Tyranitar, but time-stalling is just done by opponents who can't accept defeat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back