• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Halloween party tonight, I'm going as Heath Ledger's Joker. Pics to follow. Get ready. 8D
Party for me, too. Going to make spiced apple cider, pumpkin curry, and gingerbread cookies. ^_^v

Gonna get all dolled up and if I have time make myself look pale and dead with lots of makeup.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Me, too! I have my birthday, and right after, Halloween, which is the best holiday by far. Too bad others in my family don't share those sentiments... and essentially keep me from doing anything to celebrate Halloween this year. They prefer Christmas, and I'm totally baffled as to why. You can't dress up in cool costumes and go out asking for free candy at Christmas...

But in college I took full advantage of Halloween, going to all the parties and even winning a costume contest or two with my Leaf cosplay :P Good times, good times.

Only thing I don't like about this time of the year is the weather, which can be completely unpredictable... we already had snow this year :/

blue

gucci
Years
Well another reason why I love this time of year is because my birthday is in this time (next saturday) on Bonfire night or Guy Fawkes night which I think is also a great night!

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
That's another thing I like, the weather because some reason I enjoy the cold... to an extent of course but I just love snow.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I rarely ever get snow where I live. When it does come though, it usually comes for about a day, and then it is gone. It kind of sucks, the snow is awesome.

blue

gucci
Years
Well it's been expected to snow here and that was sometime in October and unless it snows within the next 2 days then they have again got it wrong, I do expect to get snow because we got heaps of it last year and it's been predicted.. I just see it being more Nov/Dec period, I want it to be ANOTHER White Christmas!

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
My schools used to call snow days when there was anything upwards of 5 inches on the ground.

I think they wanted the excuse. > .>;

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
If theres like 5 inches on the ground they'll cancel school where I am. We arent very equipped to deal with snow here because it dosent snow very often, but when it does it paralyzes everything pretty much.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I would imagine that is how my school works. That and they know that because snow isn't too common here, a lot of people take the day off anyway. They just call it to save money. Plus the teachers want just as much of a break as we do! I think they get more excited over snow days than the students do anyway. Haha. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back