• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I think my general dislike of Bill Murray has prevented me from watching Groundhog Day. It's supposed to be very good, but I really dislike Murray: in real life and in films.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I've also never seen Groundhog Day. Mostly because I'm too lazy to go and rent the movie.

Thanksgiving vacation. EFF YEAH!
    Buy a cheap used copy if you can, it really isn't worth renting anymore in my opinion.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm sure it's even more easier to illegally download a movie for free. ;P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I mean...it's Groundhog day. Pretty sure you can even watch it on Youtube or something.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I mean...it's Groundhog day. Pretty sure you can even watch it on Youtube or something.
    Not if you're using pre-paid internet like I am right now. It strictly prohibits watching Youtube as it swallows the entire balance within a day.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I was just gonna say, you don't even have to buy it probably.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm already on Thanksgivings Break, thanks to only having classes Thursday night and Friday, aha.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    We don't have Thanksgiving here in the UK. xD; I could do with a break though. Next one for us is Christmas. :(

Last edited:

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    We don't have Thanksgiving here in the UK. xD; I could do with a break though. Next one for us if Christmas. :(
    It's pretty much the same for us Australians, we don't get a break until Christmas, either.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I have a week-long break after my exams end on Wednesday... but that's because of the exams; not any UK-wide festivity, unfortunately. Like Mew~ says, the next 'real' holiday for most people is Christmas, which should also be good.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Yeah, we're all living in America, America, America... wish that was true, in a way.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have a paper due tomorrow evening :( but then I'm done and can relax!

There are two places around me offering a free Thanksgiving dinner and idk which one to go to...

Years
    Ugh. Thanksgiving is always a difficult holiday for a vegetarian like me. I think I'm going to be "ill" later this week and not see family.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ugh. Thanksgiving is always a difficult holiday for a vegetarian like me. I think I'm going to be "ill" later this week and not see family.
    You could take up my "diet" on Thanksgiving and eat a ton of bread and Mashed Potatoes. That's what I tend to fill myself up on every year during Dinner. Of course, it would depend on how your family does Thanksgiving, and what they make for the meal, I suppose.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Scarf you're more than welcome to come to my school's holiday dinner! It's a buffet so you can just take what you want and leave the rest C:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back