• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zet

Years
  • It's a shame that he didn't live long enough to get the cure for cancer(yes it has been cured but needs to do human testing before anyone get it).

Years
  • You would think by now we'd have some sort of mass produced, viable cure.

This is a good step:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20091135-10391704.html

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • It's terrible, as any death is really. The man is a legend though, and most certainly won't be forgotten. Though, because he died of cancer, it makes me wanna keep more of an eye on my granddad. He has cancer also. Not pancreatic cancer, but even still. Cancer's just taken too many lives, and so many too soon.

Hi, I never post in here.

Agreed. Almost everyone I know has had close ones affected by cancer and it is really hard. Even me; I have an uncle, an aunt, and a handful of other close relatives and friends be affected by it. It is so heartbreaking..

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Agreed. Almost everyone I know has had close ones affected by cancer and it is really hard. Even me; I have an uncle, an aunt, and a handful of other close relatives and friends be affected by it. It is so heartbreaking..

It doesn't seem to run in my family, thankfully. My grandmother survived...I think ovarian or breast cancer. Not too sure. She was very private about it. Although she's been my grandmother my whole life, she is only related by marriage, so it's not anything that connects with me. My granddad has throat cancer. It's heartbreaking, like you said. He can't eat anything. I hate eating downstairs. Cause I mean, he's there. And all he can do is blend food in a blender and use his feeding tube. I don't even know if he can drink anything at this point. :/ He doesn't talk well anymore either. He always sounds like he's got a bad cold when he speaks.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...yeah, you probably could have. :(

I think cancer runs in my family... or at least, my grandmother had it. We thought she'd beaten breast cancer, but it came back and spread to her brain (I think) and her health deteriorated really quickly after that. I was fairly young back then (at least the first time she had it) so I never learnt the details. It's always sad, though. Having to go through something like that just seems so terrifying.

Zet

Years
  • I recall reading somewhere that everyone gets cancer up to four times year, it's just the unlucky ones that the cancer slips through the immune system and attacks the body :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah Love Wire. You should have picked a happy topic. Like Bob Dylan.

AND OMG ZET. Now you have me scared for my life. I wonder if it's attacking me like...now. I'm going to be paranoid. All your fault!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Cancer doesn't really run in my family, but my mother had it. Thankfully she's beaten it, she was actually the first person in the family to get it and yeah, it can be pretty scary. @_@

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    AND OMG ZET. Now you have me scared for my life. I wonder if it's attacking me like...now. I'm going to be paranoid. All your fault!

Syd this is how I feel about tape worms and heart attacks all the time. I'm constantly afraid of tape worms inside of me and randomly fearful of heart attacks occurring. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • lmao That reminds of one time when I didn't know what pregnancy was and blurted out "IS PREGNANT A DISEASE????" And now that I think about it, yes. Yes it is. A disease that makes you large and hungry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    lmao That reminds of one time when I didn't know what pregnancy was and blurted out "IS PREGNANT A DISEASE????" And now that I think about it, yes. Yes it is. A disease that makes you large and hungry.
    Don't forget all the morning sickness!

I pretty much thought the same as a kid and...now that I think about it, I was probably incredibly tactless. XD;

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Being paranoid about your health is not healthy, surprisingly enough XD Last year, I was pretty much like Nica, but I started taking some pills and I'm way better now.

Thinking you'll get cancer every day will get you insane. If nature decides it's your turn, accept it. But no degree of paranoia will give you extra help.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Went are you suggesting I should start taking pills D<

I was never afraid of being preg--oh wait, I actually was. I remember when my stomach got larger as a kid when I was growing since I had a completely flat stomach prior to that and I was like "oh no am I becoming pregnant at eight years old?!"

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh! I don't see how pills would help with health paranoia, though :x Plus I hate taking pills anyway, so... I never take them. :3;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • So wait are we talking about birth control now? Because YOU KNOW I would love my birth to be controlled.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Uh, did you just imply what I thought you implied? :x

I don't want to use birth control, though, the thought of taking pills so often, ugh.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • The only pills I'd ever look forward to taking are Flinstones Vitamins :3~ OMNOMNOMNOM. Never tried birth control.. have no clue if they taste nasty or are hard to swallow. Though I swallow most pills without water.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back