• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well Hello...

Kyrk

(╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    I'm Kyrk, just an almost 20 year-old dude who likes playing pokemon games competitively. I'm attempting to get into narrating, but I'm still trying to decide which battles of mine I should record (I'll post a topic on that sometime later...)
    I started playing pokemon since RBY after I saw my cousins play it, but never knew about playing competitively until around a year ago.
    I also play the trumpet somewhat well, and wrote a few video game covers for the trumpet.

Years
  • Oh wow, you play the Trumpet? My brother played the trumpet for a few years before swapping it out for the clarinet. I personally was a drummer. I particularly like the Marimba and Xylophone the best. But it's been years since I played any instrument. :( Finishing up my schooling did that I've noticed.

Anyway, it's nice to see you. I've always wanted to try doing some of the competitive game matches, but I'm so slow at playing the games just for single player, I may never get around to having a team I'd be happy with. XD

I would like to see some of your matches though. When you do get some posted, let us know. I'm sure many other members here would like to see them as well.

GibbyGibson

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
  • Hello and welcome to PC! Personally, I'm really not that into battling competitively, but there is a great section for competitive battles here on PC. You should check it out.

Kyrk

(╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Thanks for the support, I'm actually going to attempt to post some links to battles I have that I may record (I just need to post 15 times I believe.) I'll also look into that competitive thread you mentioned.

Yeah, I've been playing the trumpet since 6th grade, so it's been a while. I sometimes actually got paid to play with some small college bands or church bands as a replacement player. However at my community college, we don't have an official band, so I have to practice on my own. It's tough to continue without any motivation, but I don't wish to quit something I believe I'm good at so easily. I'm actually practicing more than usual now because I'm attempting to audition in about 2 weeks for a band waiver at a university I wish to go to.

Years
  • I'm actually practicing more than usual now because I'm attempting to audition in about 2 weeks for a band waiver at a university I wish to go to.

Woo! :3 I give you my warm regards in that everything works out for you. Good luck with those auditions.

GibbyGibson

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Welcome to the forums, Kyrk! Hmm...

I think I have only been in a choir and nothing else! Well, at least I had something to do, huh? Now that I'm out of school, though, sometimes things can get a little bit boring.

I hope to see you again! ^.^ Maybe it'll be very soon when that happens :p

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hello there and welcome to the forums, Kyrk! Playing the trumpet sounds a lot of fun, can be a bit tiring though! I also play the Violin, but I really don't have any interest at it all, it's just that we play it at school so I have no other choice instead to learn it, I enjoy it sometimes, but it really isn't my thing, the instrument that I really want to learn is guitar. My sister has a guitar but she doesn't know how to play it, she won it as a prize in a lottery or something. XD

I think age doesn't matter when it comes to playing Pokemon, I mean it's pretty much your decision whether you still want to play it or not, and even though you still continue playing it, there's nothing wrong with it. It's a game, and it keeps people entertained! I really don't take Pokemon games competitively though since I'm not a good battler myself, but I do play in PO sometimes since it's a lot of fun! You can visit PC's very own Competitive Battling Center if you like and we'll be definitely looking forward to those videos that your gonna record anytime soon! ^__^

PC is certainly huge and kind of a bit confusing for starters like you, but don't you worry, Megan (my mod partner) and I are here to help you out, so please if you ever have any questions, we're here to lend you a hand! The other staff members could also help you out, we really don't bite so don't be scared. :3

Good luck on your auditions and I hope you get accepted! Have fun here and hoping to see you around the board! ♥

Kyrk

(╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Thanks again for the welcomes and support, the community is a lot more friendly than I expected.

I actually have 2 guitars: one is a cheap hippie electric guitar (with smiley faces, flowers, peace signs, etc.) that I won from some balancing game at Six Flags, while the other is a Seagull S6 acoustic guitar. Unfortunately, I'm not good at playing the guitar; the best thing I can play on it is the Yankee Doodle song...

Back