• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well, I guess if you are bored with real girls....marry an anime character

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    ...yeah, believe it or not, this guy is trying to marry a fictional character (mikuru Asahina from the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya to be exact) and he is trying to get as many signatures as possible to present to the japanese government....and no, he is actually trying to marry the character, not a person by the same name

Well, this should be interesting....

https://www.animenation.net/blog/2008/11/05/japanese-otaku-seeks-to-marry-mikuru/

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Oh, I've read that before, but I didn't know the name of the character he was trying to marry.

I've also heard that he was trying to get a million signatures, but got 1000 so far. (The news says 2,200 at the current so..)

In an interview (Yep, I've read it in a newspaper) that he was bored with the 3D and just like to settle down with 2D characters.

I found it very amusing whether the Japanese Government will allow that. XD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    He wanted to marry Mikuru of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi IIRC.

I read this a while ago also and it's still really sad. Imagine this: Cardboard cut out kids and a wife that gives you papercuts.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    How would that even work? D: I don't understand u___u;

But it's pretty sad none-the-less though, I mean seriously :|

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    0_0 O.........K. Things are running through my mine that is just to nasty and horrible to type.
    WTF! Is wrong with this dude, she not real. They might as well just draw an anime him and put him in the actual anime with Mikuru.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Oh my....this is just weird. I doubt anything will actually come of this....

I remember someone told me about this awhile ago, but this is the first time I heard it was Mikuru. XD She has enough problems with Haruhi putting her in bunny outfits....now she has a real person after her! ROFL

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    ಠ_ಠ
    Yes, well...what does he expect to do about the hundreds of other Japanese men living in their mothers' basements that want to marry Mikuru? Get polyandry legalized, too? That's creepy.

But then again, this is Japan we're talking about, so who knows where this will go. If his petition has already gotten over 2,000 signatures...we may be hearing wedding bells sooner than we think. Yikes.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The man is in EXTREMELY dire need of a psychological evaluation.

The Japanese are known for crazy and audacious stuff like this, but even they have their limits. If the government is reasonably sane, it shouldn't recognize the petition.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Many characters are protected by copyright.

I can't see this working.

I find it interesting he wants to marry a character he didn't create and thus does not know the entire lifespan and personallity of, and such.
    Still, it is an interesting concept and there is nothing morally objectionable about it, so I'd be interested to see how far this man's petition gets.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Lol I don't think it matters how many signatures he gets, the government isn't going to allow something like this. Too much of a headache to even BEGIN to try to legalize it, not to mention the guy's just crazy. :|

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Wow, that guy's a nut. That reminds me of the parents who tried to name their child "@".

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    This is the part of the article that disturbs me the most:

"I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world," Takashita states.

Am I the only person here who thinks this man will become sui/homocidal if he doesn't get any help for his mental stability? After what happened in Akiharbara a couple of months ago, the japanese government should intervene.... And who are the people that are actually signing this stupid petition?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    It really is kinda messed up how he wants to marry a character though. I don't mind them being an official fan or something, but it seems like he's trying to claim a character to himself or something, dunno. Also, it's also going a bit too far to actually marry a character

Am I the only person here who thinks this man will become sui/homocidal if he doesn't get any help for his mental stability? After what happened in Akiharbara a couple of months ago, the japanese government should intervene.... And who are the people that are actually signing this stupid petition?

Ya, i definitely think he'll get suicidal or something if he can't marry Mikuru. The people signing the petition are probably people that think it'd be cool to marry anime characters, which i admit is kinda interesting, but still. Otherwise, it's messed up at the same time not having not enough satisfaction with a series/character as to try and marry them

Last edited:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I almost made myself laugh to death while reading that article for the first time. How is Mikuru going to accept the proposal, I wonder?

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    You also have to wonder about the 2200 and probably more people who actually signed the petition. Acknowledging and giving attention to something like this will only fuel Takashita's need to go through with it.

Back