• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well someone's popular!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    3 and I'm cool with it. If I were still a mod or if I hadn't quit sooner, I'd be an 8 or so.

If we're actually taking popularity into consideration and not just being well know or not, then I don't know. I know I'm quite detested by some people, however, and I'm not exactly the brightest person about the Pokemon franchise, so some of my negative remarks towards it in some of my posts might give off a bad impression to some posters. I prefer to type in a more calm and professional way, without using much emoticons or being light-hearted, so that makes it seem I'm lifeless or colorless and paints an image of myself being a boring person to some users I'd assume. 3 might be pretty accurate in that I'd say.
    I'd say a two or maybe a three. I used to be somewhat popular when I was with the "PC in crew" but somewhere along the line I realized that it was just ****ing stupid as **** so I abandoned all that and I keep to myself now.
    Yep.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Probably really low, despite being a mod. But that's because I just post here. If I were to post around in other sections I might be better known. Also probably because I never answer VMs in a timely fashion >__>

I'd say somewhere from 3-5? I suck at these 1-10 ratings.

Sirfetch’d

um about a 3 for me. I post a lot, but don't vm a lot. I am also still fairly new.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • 1; I have my ol' friends on here and we have a laugh, or I'll just post around. Since I only stick to a section there's not much that many on this forum know me by. With newer people I may have a nice chat over vm but that doesn't make me "popular."

Years
  • I'm pretty well-known a lot here, so I guess I am a 10 on this scale.

When I still had a colorless name, probably 6 or 7. That went up to 10 once I got supporter'd.

But then again, I do post in a lot of boards.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Probably a 1. I don't know what exactly qualifies as "popular" but I definitely don't fit the bill on any of them haha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 3-4... I'm mostly known for my quirky interests and have a few regular friends, but not really a celebrity though.

My notoriety has decreased in recent months as I haven't been posting as much as I've used to. Trying to kinda make up for that now, so maybe my rating might go up to a 5 xD

Years
  • To me, they often go hand in hand. A person is considered popular because they're well known across the community. Being well known then helps you become popular - everybody will then want to talk to and get to know you.

I agree with what you say if only because of the leverage in the bolded word. However I think you are misunderstanding the underlying relationship between being well known and being popular. Let me break it down for you. Consider the following.

Statement A: I am well known.
    Statement B: I am popular.

The relation between these two statements is as follows.

B => A

In English this means the following.

If I am popular then I am well known.

What you are suggesting is.

B <=> A

Which isn't true in a consistent sense and let me tell you why. If someone is popular, then they must be well known. That is absolutely logically justified. However if someone is well known, then that (strictly speaking) does not necessarily make them popular. For example would you consider a well known criminal to be popular?

That being said I am willing to agree that the two can often have the relationship B <=> A but remember, this is not strictly true / true for all cases.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    i honestly don't care about popularity, i'm happy with how i am right now. i'd rate myself around 2 or 3 perhaps, heck even a 1. the only way popularity will affect me is if it was the only thing to keep me alive, and even then i'd have second thoughts.

Years
  • Being 'well known' is not the same as being popular. Hell if it was about how well known I am around here, then yeah I'd have a high number. Popularity comes from being well known but a popular person is also well liked which is where we differ and that is reflected in our scores. Your score is still reasonable in my opinion but your justification was lacking.

For the most part, I agree.

I am pretty well known, because I am a Super Moderator, but popularity wise, doubt I would be high up. I say 5-6 on popularity, 8 on the 'well known' scale.​

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'd put myself at about an 8 or a 9. As tons of people have said already, staff tend to be better known than other members because we have a bold blue name and all the reputation that that entails.

But I think more than that, I try really hard to be nice to everybody (well that makes it sound like I hate everybody and being nice is a chore, that's not what I mean lmao) and I'd like to think people like me because of that. I reply to my VMs and PMs (though not in as timely a manner as I used to) and I post around several forums.

Also my themes are beyond amazing, thank you all for noticing!

Popularity should never be the end goal, though. That's really vain and obnoxious. It should be a bonus you collect along the way for being who you are!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I used to be pretty well-known and popular I think when I was still active, but now I'd say like a 2 or a 3 lol, there's not many people left of who I was good friends with.

And also, being well-known can result in popularity but honestly it is a double-edged sword.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • 1? I would say the only person I talk to often is Vianey, owner of the Pink Mommy Adoption Center.
    I'm not complaining tho, she's a really cool person to befriend :)

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • 2/10

There are a lot of really cool/nice people on here that actually put up with me,but i'm both fairly new still,and socially awkward... xl

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Seeing as I'm still considered quite new to PC as I've only joined late last month (though it doesn't seem that way for me any more as I've already become quite accustomed to this place), I don't think I'm really that well-known around here. I'd give myself a 4-5/10.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Hmm, this is a toughie. I'd give myself a 5-6.5/10 if I must say so, don't you think?

Back