• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well....this sucks.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.

BEFORE :)
    https://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/banjokazooie/images/9/99/Boggy.png[IMG]

[B]AFTER[/B] :(
    [IMG]https://www.rarewitchproject.com/wiki/images/thumb/c/c6/BoggyBKNB.jpg/300px-BoggyBKNB.jpg[IMG]

...Oh crap.[/QUOTE]

Boggy wasn't that bad of a change, compared to some of the other ones. I figured him as reasonable for the updates (which was two console generation's worth).

Humba Wumba though... And just the invention of L.O.G. Ugh. I only consider it a part of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise because they actually got Gruntilda rhyming again.

The actual game play was atrocious. Horrid physics ("hello Mr. Slow-Moving-Jinjo-Ball, what are yo----AHHHH WHY AM I HALFWAY ACROSS THE COURSE?!") and all that really made it a painful play through. Especially some of the Terranium T.T challenges.

[/COLOR][/FONT]

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    I was quite anxious to play Star Ocean 4, and was severely disappointed. Granted, if you're the type of person who only cares for gameplay, then it's great. The entire cast of characters ruined it for me. Srsly, how annoying could they make the characters? Story was nothing spectacular either. Don't understand how my friend is obsessed with it. :/

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
    Iv had that happen sevral times.
    R/S/E disapointed me
    KH: chain of memories remake(Same as the original, i was thinking they would add some cooler stuff to it I: )
    Lair
    AND SPYRO
    WTF
    They took one of my favorite game characters and sqreawed his character up, same with the rest of the characters in the game.
    Hunter? Personality was destroyed, i dont know them anymore ;_;

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I'll patiently wait for when this thread is filled with "OMG HG/SS SO DISAPPOINTING, NOT REAMAKE IT'S D/P 2"

but seriously paper mario: thousand year door.
    it was fun and all, but it lacked the charm and atmosphere of the 1st one. the music was just random synthesized beats and the character graphics were just different parts pasted together and moved using some flash tween wannabe.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    LoZ: Phantom Hourglass, I read everybody saying how good it was and was a must have game so i bought it today and what do i find, I find a utter boring title and i love these types of games i was bored at the start got the sword and thought "Ta, thanks for the little tiny sword!" and i fighted to find some red monsters that was not scary and i found Linebreck (Whatever he's called) saved him and there that was it i got a key and i have no idea because i die and i just want to finish the game.

What the?! That made no sense at all... so you played for ten minutes and gave up because you died? That's what I get from that...

I guess I'd have to say Red Steel, when I saw the commercials I was sure that it was going to be a great game... We all know how that turned out, right?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years

Boggy wasn't that bad of a change, compared to some of the other ones. I figured him as reasonable for the updates (which was two console generation's worth).

Humba Wumba though... And just the invention of L.O.G. Ugh. I only consider it a part of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise because they actually got Gruntilda rhyming again.

The actual game play was atrocious. Horrid physics ("hello Mr. Slow-Moving-Jinjo-Ball, what are yo----AHHHH WHY AM I HALFWAY ACROSS THE COURSE?!") and all that really made it a painful play through. Especially some of the Terranium T.T challenges.

I was okay with Humba. Sure she looked completely different (could've been a brand new character if they didn't name her "Humba"), but...I'll take this cute Humba Wumba over the incredibly ugly one we got in Banjo-Tooie (never saw official art of her, but the ingame polygon model was dreadful).

I liked the game. I'm a big Banjo fan. And going into the game with the mindset that I was going to play a spinoff or side-quest and not Banjo-Threeie made it enjoyable. Was something different but fun. Not Banjo-Three (heck Grunty's Revenge was more of a true Banjo title)

Years
    The fact remains that Banjo N&B is by no means just a change in aesthetics, it's a change in concept, motif and personality, and that renders the main identity of the series unrecognizable.

So yeah, that's opposed to, say, the Zelda series; WW being the prime example.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The fact remains that Banjo N&B is by no means just a change in aesthetics, it's a change in concept, motif and personality, and that renders the main identity of the series unrecognizable.

Yes, but N&B is still fun. It's like Super Mario Galaxy to me. I was upset with that game at first. On my second playthrough I enjoyed it because I had a different mindset (much like with Banjo)

Galaxy is a great game. But to me, it just didn't feel like a Mario game.
    This wasn't really a Banjo game. But it was a good game.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Just saw the picture of Boggy, they ruined him!
    NOO! He was cool the way he was.
    Nuts and Bolt isn't even being made by the same people anymore.
    I'm not sure if I'm gonna get it.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years

I would say that if they actually voiced the characters (and they had me scared with that narrator in the beginning).

But it wasn't that drastic of a change in my opinion. I saw the new models as needed updates (remember, they skipped an entire generation of consoles, things are going to look different). Sure, Banjo had a square nose. But it wasn't the smoothest nose in the world back in Banjo-Kazooie, either. If anything, the 'blockyness' of many of the character designs was a throwback to how horrid the Nintendo 64 models were compared to today's games.

Though I admit, the level design was completely different. That was due to the spin-off essence of the the game. It wasn't a platformer, so they needed huge levels with appropriate floors and obstacles to fit the vehicle medium. I was also perturbed by the re-using of five characters over and over on every level instead of unique ones for each role. But not every game is perfect. I was aggravated as possible on countless challenges by the vehicles and physics, but I did have plenty of fun, I laughed in many places, I was humming along with the Hailfire Peaks theme in the Jiggoseum, and I consider it part of the Banjo franchise (though just a spin-off, as Triforce said earlier).

I heartily await the next Banjo-Kazooie platformer we were promised in the end, using these new designs or whatnot.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    *Puts flame shield up*

Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Quite possibly one the most hyped up over games if not the most hyped over game. I've played Super Smash Brothers for the Nintendo 64 and loved it. However, I don't have a Gamecube or any of its accessories, so I missed out on Melee. Sure, it was fun for the first few months, but after a while, I almost started to fall asleep while playing... in the middle of the day. From what I've seen with Melee, the fighting is much more slow and floaty than it was in melee. Also, the hitstun system was changed (or rather, taken away) so combos aren't really possible anymore. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Jumps are so floaty, it makes you feel like an astronaut. [/S-HIGHLIGHT][S-HIGHLIGHT]Character balance is nearly non-existent leaving characters like Meta Knight, Snake, Dedede, and Falco to dominate the metagame; this really hurts you[/S-HIGHLIGHT] when you're a Jigglypuff main (lol, wtf's up with this rest?). Almost all the stages are out to get you in someway or another or just too favorable for a certain strategy (i.e. camping, spamming) leaving maybe 5 stages that are completely neutral to you. "Secret" advanced techniques were taken out such as Jump-dash grabbing, L-Canceling aerial attacks, efficient edge-hogging, and [S-HIGHLIGHT]Wavedashing[/S-HIGHLIGHT], and replaced with lol ones like Boost Smashing and Planking.

Going from gameplay aspects to the game itself, Brawl is very dry.[S-HIGHLIGHT] In the original and Melee, the classic mode showed portraits of all the participants before a fight and those looked different from the official art. In Brawl, it's just simple copy/paste from the official artwork. Also, making it so that you could only reach Crazy hand if you played on Very Hard without continuing in 11 minutes is crazy, especially if you end up on New Pork City with 10 Nesses/Lucases (stage size; match lasts forever) or Giant Meta Knight (lol broken character).[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Also, why not put alloys on the penultimate stage? It's much better than 3 random characters. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Also, what happened to the bonuses? They were so colorful and gave you a reason to finish the stage with an extra flair. Now, it's just "TIME" and "DAMAGE". [/S-HIGHLIGHT][S-HIGHLIGHT]All-star mode should've stayed nearly completely random. It would've been so much more exciting then.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Subspace Emissary was a huge waste of 14 hours just to get the character I wanted. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Break the Targets is quite possibly the worst. Instead of making individual stages that compliment each character's abilities, lets just have 5 stages in "increasing difficulty" and call it a day.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Home Run Contest I have no complaints with. I ♥ Sin's HRC vids too much to hate it. Same deal with Coin Launcher; no complaints. Names should've had the ability to use international characters. [S-HIGHLIGHT]There should've been an option to use the Japanese voices. Stage builder is very basic very little in customization.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Trophies and stickers (though to a lesser extent) suffer from the same problem as the Classic participant screen. Also, it's nearly impossible to get them all. [S-HIGHLIGHT]And, the wi-fi modes suck. Instead of letting you choose how many participants you want in a random battle, you always get stuck with 4 for the most part and all they do is taunt or choose Final Destination. Not to mention that the lag and taunting parties.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

tl;dr: Is this even a Smash Bros. game? Not to this Smash Bros. fan.
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]
    @ fenyx4: Mango says hi. Also, Mewtwo is complete and utter rubbish according to the tier lists. Even so, I feel they should've still kept him in. Which brings my to another point: why take primary content out of a sequel? It just leaves many fans disappointed. Also, Jiggypuff isn't notable only in the Anime. It's had quite the role in the Pokemon Special/Adventures manga (which are just as awesome if not more than the games) as Blue/Green's first Pokemon. Not to mention that Clefairy wouldn't look quite as good fighting with the rest of them (Pokemon's original intended mascot). Sure, you could argue that Jigglypuff is complete and utter trash now and win, but you could do the same thing with Captain Falcon in this game. Captain Falcon: Demoted to absolute bottom tier. That is the abomination of Super Smash Brothers Brawl.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

It's nice if you just play it as a party game with items on and not as a serious 1 v 1 fighter though.

Before the part aimed at me, I agree with everything highlighted! (though I could care less if Jigglypuff cries because it was punished by higher-tier characters!)

As for the part aimed at me:

• I now HATE Mango and his jiggling, puffy abilities. :cer_pissed: :t039: Stupid pink...thing.
    • Tiers are for queers! Mewtwo tops Fox FTW! I'd like to say that, but I have to admit that tiers (partially) do exist. The "partially" is because one's could master their character fully to combat any other characters. Also, because as tiers develop, people researching into them, IMO, tend to play with and experience usage of higher-tiered characters more often, leaving lower tier characters to be under-developed and unplayed tp their full potential.
    • I still think Mewtwo should've replaced Jigglypuff in all SSB incarnations (it was considered for SSB 64, even, but was scrapped due to time restraints). And Mewtwo is still more notable than Jigglypuff since:

• it has Legendary Pokemon status in the games, anime, and manga. Jigglypuff is just common. It is only notable in the anime and manga, NOT in the games. Therefore, Mewtwo has more notability.
    • Besides, the games and anime are more famous than the manga. You don't see people being nostalgic over the Pokemon manga; it's either the games or anime. (I'm referred to people who are not devoted Pokemon fans, but still reminisce about Pokemon from childhood, despite moving on from the franchise.)
    • the games are original canon, where Mewtwo is considered superior to Jigglypuff due to its stats and status as Legendary
    • it has Sp.Atk and abilities that far surpass Jigglypuff's.
    • it it is one of the few Pokemon created by mankind; Jigglypuff is presumably made by Arceus's hand.

And yeah, it sucks horribly that Captain Falcon is at such a low tier. He's responsible for creating the first SSB meme, as well as additional interest in the F-Zero series! But, in regards to Jigglypuff, CF is more awesome. He's made SSB more famous via the Falcon Punch and being the original creater of the so-called "Marth Combo." (Yes, I know the combo's real name and its "world-famous" player responsible for the combo, but I refuse to give that player the satisfaction of being known as "world's best in SSB" as well as having a combo named after him.) All Jigglypuff has done for SSB is invented more "aerial ability", which means squat to non-SSB fans. Non-SSB fans at least have a higher potential of coming across CF memes. *sighs* Here's hoping that Super Smash Bros. 4 is a major improvement over SSB Brawl, its predecessor.

*About WaveDashing/Melee Air_Dodging, though it looks cool, it's not realistic to me, so I'm indifferent about its exclusion from Brawl. Yes, I know videogames aren't meant to be realistic, but that just defies physics way too much for me! *puts shield up; not going to explain reason any further due to possible confusion from others* It's a minor quirk for me. However, I would not mind at all if it was added as an activatable option in SSB4; a reason for why it occurs would help, too. My reason is that the Gale Boomerang's Fairy of Winds from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess gives everyone awesome movement abilities in air. WaveDashing (as an option) in SSB4 FTW! :cer_nod:

**Roy should've been included as an Assist Trophy, at the very least, in Brawl! After all he's done in Melee to help boost Fire Emblem's notoreity! Trust me, I'd rather have Ike playable in SSB! :D I only accept Marth in future SSB installments since he doesn't clone Roy's/Ike's fire element, and has the unique Shield Breaker (plus effective speed that can be utilized).

Ike and Marth playable in SSB4 and Assist Trophy Roy in SSB4 FTW! :pink_boogie:

Kagara

Years
    Resident Evil 5 was a disappointment for me. I knew it wasn't going to a terrific game, but what got me annoyed was what they did to the characters and the plot. They ruined one of my favorite charaters:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Red Steel was a fairly big disappointment to me. It was hyped as this sort of God-like game that made full use of the Wii's motion controls, but in reality it was pretty shoddy and the controls weren't all that great.

This, all the way.

Red Steel was hyped up so much that I actually went out of my way to get it, and it was horrid. The graphics were less than average, the story mode was lacking in just about every aspect and the controls were so horribly glitchy that it made me want to throw my Wii remote at the screen.

tl;dr, Red Steel was atrocious.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Red Steel, have to agree. I couldn't even beat that game due to the ridiculously pathetic sword controls. :/ I'm hoping the sequel will be better.

Assassin's Creed 2 also disappointed me with the really weak ending and the sometimes bad mechanics in it.

Back