• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well... urm.. it looks pretty cool.. thanks?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Even though it's the thought that counts, have you ever received a Christmas[Birthday or any other holiday] present that just made you wonder how in the world the giver thought you would like it?

As for me, I somehow got a stapler as one of my Christmas gifts last year....
    I don't even know.. xD;;

Years
  • Ya, last year, my grandmas crazed friend who lives with her and my grandpa got me a Kim Possible DS game XD I havnt watched that show in years LOL

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    No I don't think I've ever gotten a strange gift. People usually ask what I want, and I tell them. If it's in their price range... XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I wouldn't know how to answer this. I mean there are things that I get for Christmas, my birthday, etc. that I don't always like or favor the most, but it isn't something to say, ridiculous or out of the ordinary for me. Possibly getting a pencil case from my teacher after she came back from India over the summer might have been the oddest thing to bring back for me, but that wasn't on any special occasion or holiday of the sorts. :\

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    I appreciate all the presents I get so no, I haven't got a present that I discarded thinking how the person thought I would like it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    This used to be underwear and socks at Christmas... But as I've grown older and now find there is very little I actually want besides everyday products, they're welcome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think that there's really no reason to complain if I'm being given free stuff. I've never expected anything extravagant.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • The weirdest gift I ever received would definitely have to be the electric shaver my grandfather gave me. Now, I would actually appreciate this gift, you know, had I received it now or in the last couple years. Too bad I was gifted this particular item when I was the ripe age of thirteen. :D

Yeah, I didn't grow much facial hair back then... or any at all.

To this day I still have no idea why he gave me that. My theory is that he was either regifting, or very senile.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • To this day I still have no idea why he gave me that. My theory is that he was either regifting, or very senile.

lol... i know who that goes ^_^

the best "weird gift" i ever got was a can of cat food... my great grandma was feeding the cats while she was wrapping presents... and she accidently put the can of cat food in the box that my christmas clothes were going in... she wrapped it nice and everything...that was a definite WTF moment...

^_^

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I got one of those flee market necklaces for old ladies once from an Aunt, who was my godmother too. It was less than $10. The same side of the family has gotten me magnets with my name on them (as in more than one person got me them). Yeah, 'cause I really want snowmen with "Michelle" written on the broom that Mom can hang swine-flu notices on the fridge with. Thanks a lot; they were wonderful gifts.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It used to be clothes for me, but now that I'm old, I actually tell my parents I need clothes because I can't think of anything else besides money that I need. I actually ASKED for underwear this year XD

More recently, it was a Larry the Cable Guy DVD. Yeah, I'm not into redneck humor, thanks for playing. I left it at home when I went back to college. Maybe my family got some enjoyment out of it... definitely more than I would have :/

Years
  • I think that there's really no reason to complain if I'm being given free stuff. I've never expected anything extravagant.

This.

I tend to appreciate anything that people give me because it is a token of their generosity, and being given any present at all always does a lot to feel warm inside. I don't expect much, even a simple gift that's a little unrelated to my interests still makes me happy.

Years
  • Yeah, my aunt got me a ring three years in a row for my birthday and for Christmas. I had six rings and I didn't know what to do with them (oh no, not like expensive rings like wedding rings, just regular ones). That and science kits - as a kid I always got science kits from people who didn't know what to get me. Past few years it's just been money and vouchers for record stores so I don't find myself saying the line in the topic title much now :D

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Opening gifts from my grandparents is always fun. One year they sent me this figurine of a teddybear with a skateboard.

I was like fifteen. And I don't skateboard.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A few times but I am really great at pretending I like a gift even when I hate it. Like a shirt that you would never wear (but to bed). I have gotten some of those in the past.

Back