• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen "Well, wouldn't you like this EGG?"

Years
  • I don't remember it from my first playthrough from a long time ago but I guess it wasn't a shiny because I would have used it on my team if it was (and I do remember my team from that game).

I do however remember the Odd Eggs from my other two playthroughs of Crystal after the game came out on the Virtual Console. The first one was a shiny Cleffa and the second one was a non-shiny regular Elekid.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Cannot say with certainty. Lost that save file to the sands of time. Guesses something unremarkable like Igglybuff or Cleffa. Was definitely not shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I just did a play through and it was pichu which I was so disappointed with. I was really hoping for smoochum or tyrogue.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm sure I've gotten them all at one point or another. Played a lot of Crystal lol. Don't remember any shinies though.

Years
  • I should restart my VC Crystal one day. In my current play-through of VC Crystal, I transferred everyone except a random Swinub (and maybe a few HM slaves, idk I have to check) to Home, and have 7 gym badges. So...one day, I will restart it. *shrug*

In other words, I honestly forgot what the egg gave me. I vaguely remember being very happy with what I got though, even though it was NOT shiny. The next time I replay VC Crystal, I will let you know what I got.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I haven't played Crystal many times, but I think my first was an Elekid. SR'd until I got a Shiny one.

Seems like it might've been Cleffa in another playthrough.

Years
  • In my VC version, I got a Pichu. I love Raichu, but happiness-based evolutions (and stone evolutions) are a real pain in 2nd gen, so I wasn't too happy.
    But since then, I've gotten hold of a Crystal cartridge, replaced the battery and got myself a shiny Elekid. Not the wildest variation of colours, but still happy with it!

Back