• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Well yeah, so...

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
  • I don't know. What do you think about Pokemon X and Pokemon Y? I'm kind of disappointed. I don't want to be negative. I mean sure it's cool with the mega evolutions and it's in 3D and all but I really hate the story tbh, the gym leaders are way too easy, the same with the elite 4 and the champion.

I really don't like the way the game is trying to speed everything up. It only takes you 10 minutes to face your next gym leader match after your previous one and that's really lame imo. I prefer Leafgreen/Firered over X and Y. This must be the easiest and the most boring generation ever. I wish the starters would at least change during their evolution and not look the same. There is also almost not any involvement of Team Flare during the early and mid story. If there is then they're verrryy short.

Sorry I felt that I had to write this. What is your opinion this game etc? I really don't want to be negative, but...*I never used EXP Share or Super Trained any of my pokemon*

Last edited:

Majora's Wrath

Dingle Dongle
    Years
  • The story was kind of bland (could have used a rival similar to Blue or Silver in my opinion) but I was NOT dissapointed with the game as a whole. Although I didn't like Team Flare too much I did like AZ. Plus its Pokemon in 3D, my dream! I didn't use the experience share to keep the game harder for me. I love the PSS! The after story is very empty :P. But X and Y did renew my love for Wifi battles. I can see where you're coming from but I guess peoples feelings for X and Y are different :) Personally, I LOVED X and Y.

Ig Pokemon Lover

The Mighty Scizor
    Years
  • I kind agree with you wishcookie the gym leaders were kind of easy and the e4 and champion. The story line was ok Team flare didn't rlly look evil that much to me at first till later in the game.

Years
  • Single Player battles are a letdown indeed, no challenge required at all.
    Especially with the Super Training function, Gym Leaders and Rivals should at the very least have fully EV trained Pokémon.

I enjoyed the story, I just wish Team Flare had more presence. For a team that stands out so much, they really stayed in the shadows.

I do enjoy all the optional features, and working my way through the Pokédex and finding the secrets of the region.
    However, I have yet to find Cut, for some reason. Weird.

I actually enjoyed the Victory Road as well, I hadn't enjoyed it as much since Pokémon Emerald.

Gameplay wise, this game is amazing, but I'm still very disappointed about the difficulty (or lack thereof) of the battles.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I was slightly disappointed by the lack of new and shiny pokemon, so i hope there's more to some. I wish there could be more double battles and Triple battles when it comes to forced gameplay battles in story mode. The one on one's for a full team have gotten old.
    I didn't care too much for Pokeon-Amie, but after it became so easy to evolve my Eevee, I fell in love with it.
    I'm on the fence about the full party exp. share. I use it all the time, but I'm still grinding, so I don't know. It really smooth things along, and I never really did like grinding one pokemon at a time on the old games, so yeah, I guess it's good.
    Addicted to Wonder Trade.
    As far as the story goes- I'm usually always invested in that. I'm just sad that I couldn't join Team Flare, once I found myself agreeing with Lysandre's ideals.

WishCookie

Years
  • There are many things you can do to make the game harder, you know that right?

Like what? Turning off your EXP Share and not Super Train your pokemon? Because I never used EXP Share or Super Trained my pokemon and the whole game was still too damn easy. You can beat a level 49 Gyarados with a lvl 41 Raichu in one hit like the Gyarados's level were 35 or something. Nuzlockes doesn't count though. It's always more difficult in every game.

Single Player battles are a letdown indeed, no challenge required at all.
    Especially with the Super Training function, Gym Leaders and Rivals should at the very least have fully EV trained Pokémon.

I enjoyed the story, I just wish Team Flare had more presence. For a team that stands out so much, they really stayed in the shadows.

I do enjoy all the optional features, and working my way through the Pokédex and finding the secrets of the region.
    However, I have yet to find Cut, for some reason. Weird.

I actually enjoyed the Victory Road as well, I hadn't enjoyed it as much since Pokémon Emerald.

Gameplay wise, this game is amazing, but I'm still very disappointed about the difficulty (or lack thereof) of the battles.

Well the pokedex is just like the one in HG/SS. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    The game is very entertaining and addictive to me. But then, it doesn't take a lot for me to be pleased about a game. I like a game to be just challenging enough that it takes me a bit to work through a puzzle, but not so difficult that I end up tearing my hair out in frustration. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y is a game that balances things out pretty well. There are some aspects of the game that are challenging, and others that aren't. I won't complain about either because that's just a waste of time.

For a first 3D game on a portable console, Pokemon X and Y are pretty good. Could there be improvements? Sure. But then, to expect everything we wanted in a game to be included in the first game on a new console is being a little unrealistic.

This is just the first, people. Not the last. As good as Pokemon X and Y is, I'm sure the developers are already working to improve and make changes to the next game they release. Patience is the key.

Tunuko

Huntin' Shinies!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2014
    I have to agree that the game is somewhat disappointing from a gameplay point of view. I've never finished a pokemon game as quick as I have with pokemon Y.

The gym leaders were all just "meh", the elite four we all demolished by a single pokemon (before I did any supertraining/breeding). Took steal down with a single fire type, fire with a single water and so on...

And then the champion was "meh" as well. There was no dramatic build up to it, just a case of "hold on who's it going to be?" followed by a disappointing "oh, I've had two lines of dialogue from the character all game... meh". And then she wasn't even a challenge, when she used a mega I thought "ooooh here we go!" and then I one hit it >.>

Certain routes you can travel along and only find 2 trainer battles :-/ what happened to the days of more than ten and needing to run back and heal before you could advance?

Also found the story quite lacking, the usual "fill the pokedex" that you'd expect (yay!) but this time around you get constantly annoyed by 4 other trainers who have (from what I can tell) no real use in the game other than forcing you to do team battles from time to time.

The whole "team flare" thing I also fealt was weak... A team dedicated to mass genocide yet whenever you're there to foil their plans there's only ever like two or three of them, with ridiculously weak monsters.

I dunno, maybe I expected a bit too much from the next gen of pokemon, but feels to me like they spent maybe too long making it look pretty and not long enough making sure there was a game to play... Hopefully the next game will be stronger.

(FYI, this is all personal opinion, if you start flaming I'll just ignore you, loads of love x)

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Would've been nice if Diantha or whatever her name is was more involved in the storyline as well. The only involvement was her talking with Lysandre in Lumiose City. Woop dee doo.

The involvement of Team Flare was also neglectable to the point they became as annoying as Team Rocket in the anime.

The difficulty was also meh due to the exp share and EV training. Those things should've been end-game rewards IMO (don't tell me that I shouldn't have used these features as they were clearly part of early game).

Which brings me to the end-game content; there's barely none. I enjoy(ed) breeding, but breeding seems too easy now lol. I literally went from special nature/IV pokemon to a freaking 31 IV SP.Att modest natured charmander due to pkmn safari. (Got a perfect IV SP.Att/SP.Def and Att modest natured ditto and an adamant ditto through pkmn safari -.-).

It just all feels so underwhelming. Sure, I enjoyed the game because it's new and because it's the first pkmn game I can play online with, but it's still all so meh D:

WishCookie

Years
  • The game is very entertaining and addictive to me. But then, it doesn't take a lot for me to be pleased about a game. I like a game to be just challenging enough that it takes me a bit to work through a puzzle, but not so difficult that I end up tearing my hair out in frustration. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y is a game that balances things out pretty well. There are some aspects of the game that are challenging, and others that aren't. I won't complain about either because that's just a waste of time.

For a first 3D game on a portable console, Pokemon X and Y are pretty good. Could there be improvements? Sure. But then, to expect everything we wanted in a game to be included in the first game on a new console is being a little unrealistic.

This is just the first, people. Not the last. As good as Pokemon X and Y is, I'm sure the developers are already working to improve and make changes to the next game they release. Patience is the key.

The particles and everything is great but I just want them to improve the storyline and make the game more challenging and not trying to speed everything up with beating a gymleader every 10th minute. Seriously there is some trainers out there who are much stronger than a gym leader tbh.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Gamefreak's statement to aim this generation games to the younger audience makes no sense at all. Adding a diffculty setting is no problem at all for them. B/W2 anyone?

I'm not disappointed at the game, but rather disappointed at Gamefreak for only looking at one side of the popularity circle in their franchise.
    Well, good for you Gamefreak that you guys made a effort to aim this time at the younger kiddos, how about looking at us next time? Or more importantly; at both sides?

There are enough space and ideas to please both younger and older audiences. They simple choose to only look at one side, that's the only disappointment I have. I hope they're fully awake while making the third version. If I want to have a walk in the park I can do that anytime, outside.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    One point I have to disagree with, "Gyms are 10 minutes apart".

The gap between gym 1 and 2 is insane. There was so much to do between them, pretty sure it took five hours of exploring between those gyms. The only gyms I felt were too close together was 5-6. The others were separated by interesting routes, events, etc.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The particles and everything is great but I just want them to improve the storyline and make the game more challenging and not trying to speed everything up with beating a gymleader every 10th minute. Seriously there is some trainers out there who are much stronger than a gym leader tbh.
    So you want the game to have an involved story (as if that worked out for B/W...why does that matter anyway?) and ruin the pacing in the process similar to B/W? Heh.

The game doesn't feel like it's rushing you, it's the pacing. It took me 50 hours to beat the game, and similarly, I felt it was over pretty quickly...but it's just how well paced the game is. It took me less to beat B/W but man did it feel like it dragged.

I'm not gonna touch on the "difficulty" subject any longer, pretty sick of hearing that complaint at this moment. Why is that a detriment from your enjoyment of a game from a series that was never hard to begin with? I really don't get it. Are you guys the same people who complained gen 4 and 5 were "too easy" too?

Adding a diffculty setting is no problem at all for them. B/W2 anyone?
    As if B/W2's Hard Mode was actually even hard? You can't make the campaign in a game like Pokemon hard, it's impossible. The very notion of "grinding" completely destroys difficulty.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, X/Y isn't without its flaws. It just baffles me that people complain about the "difficulty" and "story" above all else when these don't matter a single bit. In fact, these same "flaws" are present in every single Pokemon game, so it's nothing new.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There are ways to make it harder and more challenging like taking off EXP-Share and playing with Pokemon peradeath. Yeah the story is particularly trite, the pacing is terrible, and the pseudo-choice/morality system is annoying, but the crux of Pokemon is battling other (real) players. If you are not doing that then you are simply not playing the game to its fullest. EV training your Pokemon, leveling them, battling them, is the end game content. Hush up now, the self-entitlement here is unbearable despite what points I assent to.

Last edited:

WishCookie

Years
  • One point I have to disagree with, "Gyms are 10 minutes apart".

The gap between gym 1 and 2 is insane. There was so much to do between them, pretty sure it took five hours of exploring between those gyms. The only gyms I felt were too close together was 5-6. The others were separated by interesting routes, events, etc.

It was just an expression which ment that you would get to the gyms relatively fast. I wasn't t talking about literally 10 minutes.

So you want the game to have an involved story (as if that worked out for B/W...why does that matter anyway?) and ruin the pacing in the process similar to B/W? Heh.

The game doesn't feel like it's rushing you, it's the pacing. It took me 50 hours to beat the game, and similarly, I felt it was over pretty quickly...but it's just how well paced the game is. It took me less to beat B/W but man did it feel like it dragged.

I'm not gonna touch on the "difficulty" subject any longer, pretty sick of hearing that complaint at this moment. Why is that a detriment from your enjoyment of a game from a series that was never hard to begin with? I really don't get it. Are you guys the same people who complained gen 4 and 5 were "too easy" too?

I don't want the game to be like B2/W2 but please, Firered/Leafgreen had more involvement with Team Rocket during the early phase. This game is just too easy tbh. I don't consider the most battles as challenging. Just a bit more of involvement and make the gym leaders/Elite 4 and champion stronger is all I'm asking for. It's no fun when you 1 hit k.o every Pokemon the gym leaders got. The same with the champion and elite 4.

Just so you know none ever asked you to read and comment this thread either. I'm sorry if you're tierd of the complaint but you chose to read them or listen to them. I never tought that gen 4 and gen 5 was too easy. This is the first time ever that I complain about a Pokemon game for anything at all. Why on earth do they give your opponents a lvl 50 which is as weak as a lvl 35-40 pokemon? I mean come on...

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    i liked the main villian, but his henchmen just didn't match his ideals...it would be funny if they only had 1-2 of the members act like those red ginyu force fashion police, because the joke gets old fast.

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    There are many things you can do to make the game harder, you know that right?

This is a detrimental statement since it is never the player's place to restrict him or herself to make a game any more difficult than it already is. No one would ever gimp themselves intentionally in a game of chess or checkers even, and it doesn't happen at the competitive level either.

Now on the other hand, it is true the Pokemon franchise has never been about difficulty. However, you cannot tell me it has ever worked in Pokemon's favor either, but rather it has been detrimental to the franchise as a whole from where I'm standing as I can't tell you how many people I've seen that wanted to play a Pokemon game but wouldn't do so because they know how retarded the AI is, but yet the mainstay games have still gotten easier over time while BW2's difficulty level adjustment system was a very welcomed feature.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I don't really care about the main story of the game. A lot of the core mechanics got a lot of improvement and that in itself made me satisfied. The main story is quite a breeze and it's very possible to train multiple teams to defeat the different Gyms.
    What I hated about the game was the 1st to 2nd Gym transition. That was very long. So long that it is annoying. Aside from that though, there are a lot of new additions which make the game worth my while.
    As a breeder, the Friend Safari is something (getting Pokemon with 2 IVs for sure, and Hidden Abilities if you are lucky) and Destiny Knot (makes it so that the egg inherits 5 IVs instead of 3 from either parents) makes breeding more fun and less time consuming.
    PSS did great with making connecting with friends and random people easier. Online interactions are now more stable than ever. I wasn't able to use the connectivity features of the previous games that much because of the problem with stability and now I can trade as much as I want.
    Saving is also fast. That's also one great improvement I've found.
    I am also a huge fan of trainer customization, it's a shame the guy protagonist doesn't seem to get a lot of clothes.

There's no perfect game but it's not really that disappointing, in my opinion. There has been a lot of great improvement with the mechanics itself and that's what I love the most about the game :)

Back