• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Well yeah, so...

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    Honestly, there is a lot I like about the games. I mean, yeah the difficulty is nonexistent. My Clawitzer almost single handedly pwned the entire E4 and champion, at only level 63. Lol. I had even turned off the EXP Share for most of the game. I don't like how casual everything is, but at the same time it's not a super big problem. I understand why Gamefreak made shiny hunting easier and EV training--to cut down hacks obviously.

But the story I thought was pretty good. Team Flare was cool, though agreed, their presence isn't very good. Gym leaders have been a let down since Gen 1. Seriously. I have no quips about "new Pokemon suck" because I'm not a genwunner at all. I loved the new Pokemon.

However one thing undeniable in my opinion is that the first batch of gym leaders were to me the only ones who didn't seem so mechanical. Well also the 5th gen ones--they actually did things relevant to the story, and Gamefreak shouldn't have dropped that idea. It was very cool. This game they seemed the most mechanical of all. They had barely there personalities. Although the gym designs were really cool.

Gen 1 just had really good personalities to the Gym Leaders. I mean one is secretly the Team Rocket leader. LT. Surge had his war story! Blaine had his riddles. Sabrina was a psychic! They were all neat backstory wise.

But I digress. The visuals are amazing. And the competitive game and vast amount of exploration and random things to do in the game are gonna keep me playing for a very long time. For the most part I found them to be great successes, with a few areas that could've been improved upon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    The particles and everything is great but I just want them to improve the storyline and make the game more challenging and not trying to speed everything up with beating a gymleader every 10th minute. Seriously there is some trainers out there who are much stronger than a gym leader tbh.

As I suggested in my previous post, we just need to exercise a little patience. I know it's a let down for some that what they received wasn't what they were expecting. But that's why I hold no expectations for anything. Saves a whole lot of disappointment that way. And as I also suggested, it's a good bet that some of the things you've had issues with may just be addressed the next time around. Considering the popularity of the series, you just know there will be a next time.

So, patience. I'm sure you'll get what you're looking for eventually. In the mean time, enjoy what they've offered so far. A game only truly ends when the player quits.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I was disappointed mainly with the rivals...I feel they could've done so much more with the 4 Rivals...but sadly they didn't do much...they were all bland...

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    Do rating match and see how will you survive in those enviroment.

Does some people not understand that I'm talking about gym/elite4/champion and the storyline? Why do you even bring up online battles? Online battles will and have always been different. It doesn't have anything to do with lvling up, gym leaders etc.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
    Years
    Storyline: Somewhat acceptable, probably because I like what they did with AZ and Lysandre was interesting because he was actually friends with Professor Sycamore. However, everything else was bland. Callum (main rival) was especially annoying to me. He lacked any individuality that usual rivals have.

Difficultly: Way too easy. I made the mistake of leaving exp. share On.

New Pokemon: Although there are few, the ones they did make are really nice/cool. I especially like Swirlix and Talonflame. Also they revamped a bunch of moves, added Mega Evo and added a whole new type, so it isn't too much of a disappointment.

Online Gameplay: Hands down the best one yet. This game FEELS like it was made to be online and played competitively. So I really love that aspect.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    I haven't been able to get very far in X/Y; but from my past experiences, story has always played second fiddle to gameplay in Pokémon. They tried to give story to Pokémon Colosseum, but it was still the gameplay that prevailed, in the end. I don't know, I would love to see a Pokémon game with a truly immersive story, but I don't think we will get that unless Nintendo decides to create some kind of Pokémon RPG.

Back