• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We're Normal! - The Normal-type FanClub

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Have you noticed that most "Normal" types tend to look more like "real" animals? What are your feelings on this?
    Wow! Now that you mention it that is true but I guess that's what the normal implies. Still they look cool none the less.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Have you noticed that most "Normal" types tend to look more like "real" animals? What are your feelings on this?

Yeah. Most of them. The only thing that doesn't look like a real animal is Chansey, Blissey and Regigigas.

The others? I have no comment on that.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Your Username: Really complicated to spell out... ♣♦TimelessParadox♠♥ (COPYPASTE :D)
    Why Are You Joining?: Normal types have always been my favorite.
    How Active Will You Be?: As active as I can be.
    Partner Pokemon: Slaking
    Partner's Name and Gender: Baron, Male
    Password: I'm Normal.........

Noibat

Years

hmm yeah, normal. normal animals. makes sense

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010

Most of them except Blissey evolution line , Regigigas

people thinks that Arceus is more of a goat , but I say that its more of a horse

Aipo

Catch that Aipom!!!
    Years
    Username: Aipo
    why are you joining?: Love all Pokémon but espacially the normall types
    how active: As active as I could be ( if i can't be active i'll let you know)
    partner: Aipom ( duh)
    partner's gender: Male ( no name)
    password: I'm normal!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    My answer is the same as Chaos.

Shadow Sneak Sableye

Bright Beauty ♥
    Years
    I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I was really sick (hospitalized) and couldn't be on at all.
    I think it's pretty neat. they're normal everyday creatures.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    hehe , Hapinasu seems normal than these creatures :P

Hapinasu : * Jumps on Chaos *

ungh .... maybe not

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    How about this...

Your best top 3 normal pokemon that has the coolest moveset?

Snorlax @ Leftovers(tank)
    4HP/252 Atk/252 Def.

Double-Edge
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Curse

Regigigas @ Leftovers(annoyer tank)
    4HP/176 Atk./252 sp. Def.

Confuse Ray
    Thunderwave
    Zen Headbutt
    Giga Impact(so what? XD)

Slaking @ Choice Band(switch outer sweeper)
    4HP/252 sp. def/176 Speed

Giga Impact
    Night Slash
    Earthquake
    Brick Break

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    How about this...

Your best top 3 normal pokemon that has the coolest moveset?

Snorlax @ Leftovers(tank)
    4HP/252 Atk/252 Def.

Double-Edge Return
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Curse

that tank set is yet good , just that Double-Edge isnt good since it lowers his HP =/

Regigigas @ Leftovers(annoyer tank)
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def

Confuse Ray
    Thunderwave
    Zen Headbutt Return
    Giga Impact(so what? XD) Earthquake/ Fire Punch

The only good set that can stall out his Slow Start turns and sweep with its Gigantic 160 base Attack

Slaking @ Choice Band(switch outer sweeper)
    4HP/252 sp. def/176 Speed

Giga Impact
    Night Slash
    Earthquake
    Brick Break

Slaking @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Return
    Earthquake
    Fire Punch
    Sucker Punch / Shadow Claw / Pursuit

Comments on bold

as for me , Belly Pass Smeargle is a beast :

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
    Jolly / Own Temp
    244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe
    -Substitude
    -Spore
    -Belly Drum
    -Baton Pass

Smeargle is one of the best Belly Drummers in the game , Charizard is the other and hes good at sweeping , while smeargle is good at Passing its Belly Drum boost to a monstrous Physical Sweeper ( Lucario , Infernape , Gyarados , Scizor , etc )

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    1. Double-edge is good, has STAB and it's useful since Snorlax has huge HP. >.> I respect your opinion, but it's mine. Tested it, and works pretty well for me. And I don't do Return, it sucks for me.

2. I have ZH so I can kill Gengars and damage Fighting. And I'm running out of Earthquakes, but I could do with some Elemental Punches. And I only use Regigigas on doubles, not singles.

3. Did I mention that Giga Impact/Hyper Beam(emerald) and 100% KO a non-Steel/Rock/Ghost type(Maybe except EV trained def Snorlax)? Of course you know it. Brick Break kills Tyranitar, and Night Slash for Ghost, mentioning it's high crit ratio.

4.(Smeargle) Can't see any faults, unless it get killed with an unsuspecting super-effective move. It's like my own Ninjask(speed booster swords dancer passer)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    1. Double-edge is good, has STAB and it's useful since Snorlax has huge HP. >.> I respect your opinion, but it's mine. Tested it, and works pretty well for me. And I don't do Return, it sucks for me.

2. I have ZH so I can kill Gengars and damage Fighting. And I'm running out of Earthquakes, but I could do with some Elemental Punches. And I only use Regigigas on doubles, not singles.

3. Did I mention that Giga Impact/Hyper Beam(emerald) and 100% KO a non-Steel/Rock/Ghost type(Maybe except EV trained def Snorlax)? Of course you know it. Brick Break kills Tyranitar, and Night Slash for Ghost, mentioning it's high crit ratio.

4.(Smeargle) Can't see any faults, unless it get killed with an unsuspecting super-effective move. It's like my own Ninjask(speed booster swords dancer passer)

1- but snorlax is slow and most of the time it will take hits , thats why Return is a favourable move for it , and Return has base 100 something power

2-you can cripple Gengar with T-Wave and deal some damages to it with Fire Punch , Zen Headbutt's coverage is just isnt good >.>

3- although they pack with base 150 power and with STAB it becomes 225 , but its sick that it recharges and gives your opponent a chance to set up Swords Dance / Nasty Plot , or even Burn Slaking and slow it down with T-Wave

4- your Ninjask can just pass +2 Attack boost and +2 Speed boost , while Smeargle can pass +6 Attack boost and +1 Speed boost , which is enough to wreak havoc

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    3- although they pack with base 150 power and with STAB it becomes 225(you're forgetting Choice Band add 1.5x something) , but its sick that it recharges and gives your opponent a chance to set up Swords Dance / Nasty Plot , or even Burn Slaking and slow it down with T-Wave

4- your Ninjask can just pass +2 Attack boost and +2 Speed boost , while Smeargle can pass +6 Attack boost and +1 Speed boost , which is enough to wreak havoc

I always switch out Slaking after Giga Impact turn. And that's why I always use Slaking in doubles(I like doubles! O_o)

+2 Speed boost can pump up Marowak enough to sweep most teams.

And by the way, what time is it there?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    The only thing that doesn't look like a real animal is Chansey, Blissey and Regigigas.
    Don't forget the Pory's

As for my top three I'll come back to answer that later but I'll give my favorite right now:

Porygon-Z @ Choice scarf
    Modest / Download
    4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Fighting

I love this thing

Back