• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We're not getting anymore remakes?

Years
    I can see why some people think we won't be getting more remakes, with the B2W2 thing going on and all. But I think it's still quite likely for RS to be remade. And stating DP won't be remade because the graphics look decent now.... well, they do look decent, remember that DP were released in 2006 or 2007 if I'm correct. That's just 5 or 6 years ago. Of course they aren't going to remake DP anytime soon.

RS remakes are in pretty high demand and I'm sure Nintendo/Gamefreak is aware of that. I also think that graphics aren't that big of a factor for Gamefreak to decide to remake a game- what probably counts most is the connection between older and newer games, in terms of being able to transfer your pokémon and stuff.

One thing I do know for sure is that I'll be disappointed if RS is not getting remakes.

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
    Years
    I think most of us loved Gen III. I know I did. I remember thinking that compared to Gens I & II, Hoenn was so exotic. I think they should make remakes for RSE. Those were amazing games. And if they made remakes for DPPt, well you know, they might be cool and they might not. But what about Chrystal?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    If you're a die hard fan who wants your pokemon from Hoenn, then you'll either get or keep the materials in shape for transfer. It's an added bonus that doesn't have to be handed to you on a silver platter.
    It's not really that easy, though. DS Lites are the only way to do this, currently, and most people who've had them for so long probably aren't having the greatest of luck with them. I NEVER dropped mine and I used it a lot from the day I got it (the release day of Diamond) and it's still fairly broken. I mean, it still works overall but plenty of buttons work only sporadically and the touch screen flickers a bit and gets scanlines whenever I turn the system on. I don't think it'll last much longer. I guess anyone who buys a new one will be in luck for a while but they don't last forever. After that, there will be no way to get your Pokemon from Gen I and III no matter how dedicated you are.

With the advent of actual GB/C/A games on Virtual Console for the 3DS, I do think it's possible they'll skip on remakes and just aim to make that compatible with future Pokemon releases, but "you can still get things to gen 5 if you try" is only an excuse that works to a certain extent nowadays.

Back