• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Were should I start?

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Hey there, I am new to emulating but I can't find out how to get started. I want to get a ROM but I hear downloading is illegial. Can someone please help me?

DawnRyder

I cannot believe I'm back -.-
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    OK.

We are not allowed to disclose links to ROM's.

However, searching google for ROM downloads is okay(ish).

A good place to start your GBA/NDS emulating is Emulator-Zone.com

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
    Years
  • 1. Google is your friend.
    2. It's not illegal if you have the original game. So don't go downloading Pokemon Gold if you don't have Gold. See?
    3. Use VisualBoy Advance for your emulating needs.

a rom is illegal whether you own the game or not but most companies dont really say anything about it, so download what you want at your own risk in case a company decides to do something

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • a rom is illegal whether you own the game or not but most companies dont really say anything about it, so download what you want at your own risk in case a company decides to do something

But I doubt Nintendo with take action on games they released years ago.

Years
  • In the UK as far as im aware you can have 1 back up copy of anything you own so 1 rom would be legal same with dvds etc.

As far as where to start I found this site yesterday and there is an amazing resource here i would get your rom then vba. If your interested in rom hacks then i would sugest spending some time reading the tutorials members have posted. Collecting the various tools that are required and just play around make sure you back up your rom before hand.

I started yesterday and would say ive probably got the basics of scripting,mapping etc and have completely remade the title screen to fire red already hehe.

GoldCold Ice

Go Zoroark!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2012
    Hm I got my games with VBA from my bestie but you can get them from the Visual Boy Advance web page like someone said

Back