• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Were you happy with the plot?

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I liked the story, but the premise was weak. Who wants to release Pokemon, but uses Pokemon?

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Plot was good but not the best, Pokemon Colosseum and XD had way better plots and twists. I do like they included the gym leaders into the story a lot more.

awbbie

Ruin Maniac
    Years
  • I thought the plot was great. It was could have been darker but it was deep. As pokemon has always spoken to me as being about growing up, I thought that the ideals the Team Plasma brought in are way more suited to the overlineing theme than grandious plans to take over the world.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Well its improving but not really impressive. It could be better actually, and it always make me wonder why the writing of the plot took 1.5 years while it is not really good? Is that the best of Game Freaks writers?

Plot was good but not the best, Pokemon Colosseum and XD had way better plots and twists. I do like they included the gym leaders into the story a lot more.
    This.
    Pokemon certainly lack of side plot whatsoever. We have great arrange set of character with top notch design. But taking it in on the other side, who are they really? almost nothing. It seem the Gym Leader are just dummy pixel, waiting to be beaten up and their badges taken.

dnomyar27

Beginning VulpixEevee Lover
    Years
  • it would be awesome if N was there always, so i can battle him whenever i like. Like the champion and the friends.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I kinda liked it I guess, but I didn't like it as much as the gen 1 and 2 plot. I just love TR too much lol.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I actually really liked the plot for B/W. It's boring now, but compared to all the other games this story is the only one that had me really interested.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I liked the plot, but there was no difficulty to back it up- which made Team Plasma look like pushovers and nothing more.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
  • I thought it was a really interesting plot, definitely exploring different themes to past games. Battle/strength wise, N and Ghetsis were a lot stronger than their counterparts in other games.

What I would've really liked however, was a bit more development... a bit more of a challenge with respect to the other 6 sages; could have potentially played out more like the Kanto region does to G/S. But yeah, other than that, Black and White are far more intricate games than their predecessors. I am excited to see what the third installment has to offer.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • The plot seemed very normal until after the seventh gym where the game was getting very good. Then after I beat Team Plasma, N, and Ghetsis, I was so amazed. Good job, Game Freak.

Definitely a twist from other games.

B3R

UK Number 1
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    The plot was too linear, there weren't enough routes and they could have expanded a little on the idea of the Subway. Have a few more places like Anville Town and make some of these cities more active. I loved the team Plasma bits but I think the game is too short, because Soul Silver took me AGES to complete in comparison. Finally, Nimbasa City was not great. The reason why is that its population is 260 yet only has 2 residential buildings, plus, what's with the stupid warps to a hologram stadium? This level of sci-fi is offputting, the PC and Time Capsule ideas were fine but this is rubbish.

Last edited:
    Back