• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whaaaaaaa

Answer the the god damn question.

• Total voters
Years
  • Are you ever dismayed or jealous to discover that your friends have other friends, and that they're often more laid-back with them than with you? Or... not?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I kinda feel jealous that now that most of my friends are married that they rather hang out with another crowd than with me even though I was around first. Or with me having issues the past handful of years both money and medical I have a bit of a harder time getting together. It never seems like they want to hang out unless I bring it up first.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I'm actually overall a very envious and jealous person. It's definitely one of my biggest flaws. I do tend to keep silent about it though because I know people wouldn't like hearing that I'm jealous they have other friends.

Years
  • Not really. Besides my friendship group from high school I'm mostly a one-on-one friendship kind of guy; meaning sharing little to no mutual friends with a fair few people I consider close friends.

Years
  • I've...actually never experienced a friend being more laid-back/open with others than me? Usually it's the other way around. I'm very accepting and understanding, so my friends tend to open up with me more than others haha. But otherwise, nope, not bothered by friendships shared!

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • not really. my best friend does have other friends but she's not nearly as close with them as she is with me. her and i tell each other basically everything.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't get bothered by that, but to say that I'm well adjusted and not insecure would be wildly inaccurate. I don't have strong relationships with many people and sort of expect them to act differently around others than they do around me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I hate open friendships. From now on, I'm hanging out with total losers who haven't got a friend in the world.

...well, maybe I'll allow them, but only because a wide social circle means more babes. Gender irrelevant.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't really mind. I've very seldom been the Best Friend of somebody, and I really value my privacy and freedom, so I appreciate that my friends have other friends they can be tighter/more intensely spending time with sometimes, because I'd likely get overwhelmed if they tried to make me their #1 haha

That being said, I dunno about "more laid back" as most people are fairly laid-back with me I think? I doubt I'm somebody people feel a need to be uptight or careful around. And if you do think that, I hope you will tell me and we can talk about it and ease that up!

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Not at all. Why should I have any control over the extent people choose to be friends with someone? That could become toxic if a person is overly jealous of their friend hanging out and being more comfortable with other people - especially if a person actively tries to restrict their friends from interacting with others. Everyone has friends they consider and treat differently than their other friends, doesn't mean that we can't enjoy each other's company still.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I kinda feel jealous that now that most of my friends are married that they rather hang out with another crowd than with me even though I was around first. Or with me having issues the past handful of years both money and medical I have a bit of a harder time getting together. It never seems like they want to hang out unless I bring it up first.
    This is the problem when you reach a certain age all the people you used to hang out with all settled down and no longer have time for you.

I'm 29 now and I'm in the same boat.

TickleTot

Shiny ruler
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    i'm an adult so

This!

---

When i was in high school i was a bit jealous because interesting opportunities would show up for my friend when he hung out with other people.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well... for me, my close friends usually try to initiate and its mutual, so I don't feel like they don't care.

However, I do have a good friend who settled down and lost time for me and some others - that was a blow until I got used to it, and it just happens with a lot of people, I'm sure. We've since established that she does still care, and just gets busy with her new life.

But I'm an easily jealous person, so I really have to tell myself not to read into things, because it's probably fine and I'm just being weird.

Years
  • no. in fact, i'd even want to chill out with those friends. they sound sound pretty cool to hang out with!

that is, if I was ever the social type to hang out with people

Back