• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What’s your least favourite genre of music?

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
  • Is there a genre of music that you don't like, wether if it's annoying, wether if it's cringe, or you simply don't enjoy?
    For me, I guess it's rap. Sometimes is… a bit cringe, specially rap battles, like, it's just people saying rhyming insults to each other, what's the point?
    And I also hate funk. It's annoying, really oversaturated in the place I live, and, most of the time, the lyrics of the songs of this genre aren't really… appropriate. If you don't know what funk is, DO NOT search songs of it, it's terrible.

What about you?

Years
  • I would say rap, not really because I don't enjoy it as an artform - I actually grew up drenched in hip hop - but because I just can't deal with some of the toxic lyrics anymore.

Some rock has similar issues too, and I also tend to avoid those groups, even though I'm a rock nut.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Probably Brazilian funk.

The lyrics are often just too overtly sexual or toxic masculinity-ish for me to enjoy, and like, it's very much a dance-y type of song, but not really the type of song I'd like to listen in say, the bus or during a walk, you know?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Not the easiest question... lately I've come to the conclusion that there's good and bad songs in pretty much every genre of music, rather than the genres themselves being good or bad, so I'd be sort of wrong even if I listed music I don't typically listen to or enjoy, like trap or noise etc.

But there's one genre that comes to mind, if you can even call it that way... all the "summery", often reggaeton-inspired pop music that we always get on italian radio! Every summer there's a bunch of the same artists making nearly the same recycled song every year just to give people something to dance to on the beach... and yeah that's just not for me, since I never dance to anything~
    It's not that... harmful or anything, but it's just repetitive, low-effort music with very blatant advertisement practices and sponsors behind it. You'll find it on the news, TV ads, Youtube ads... so you can't truly escape from it anyways.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
  • Probably Brazilian funk.

The lyrics are often just too overtly sexual or toxic masculinity-ish for me to enjoy, and like, it's very much a dance-y type of song, but not really the type of song I'd like to listen in say, the bus or during a walk, you know?

Yea right? I don't get why people like it

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Country. I have had it forced on me quite a bit through my life since people down here for some godforsaken reason like it, so it plays everywhere. When I had to listen to it at my former workplace, it would stifle my productivity. It was either really irritating, or depressing. I'm one who listens to a lot of depressing music, but Country can be a very special type of depressing in that it actually effects my mood.

I like some genres surrounding country - 70s country rock, country folk, bluegrass. But man, country itself is dreadful.

Years
    • Seen today
    The recent trend of combining Country and Rap. I don't think there's a single 'country rap' song I've enjoyed.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • I HATE Country with every fiber of my being. It's ALL THE SAME, always talking about a girl, romance, a truck, the road, south stuff, etc. AND THE DUPLICATE SONGS THEY PLAY ON THE RADIOS. I'd rather go to a boy band concert than listen to Country!

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I'm not a big fan of American pop (I guess that's the genre?) 2010's and onward or rap/hip-hop. It seems that most people like to listen to that, but I just never really found it appealing. Of course there are some exceptions every now and then, but overall I don't enjoy "popular" music.

Oh, and country. Not a fan of country either.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I attended a wedding where the DJ literally played country music the entire time. All of the songs just blurred together... Couldn't tell you what the first dance, parents dance songs, etc were. All of the songs sounded the same. I will listen to the country radio station during work commute if I need background noise, but the variety is so lacking. Rap music is a close second, but because of the explicit lyrics, not so much the beat.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Probably Brazilian funk.

being honest, i think i prefer the undergroud funk artists than a lot of the mainstream ones, people like mu450, ramemes, the guys from weird baile, chill baile and hyperfunk are more enjoyable to me because of the experimentation of rhythms they make.
    while were on here, i guess i would say sertenajo universatario, i think there is like one musician from the genre that i liked, but often times the lyrics are worse than funk.
    brazilian music aside... i guess country? i like all kinds of music, so its difficult to lay down one genre.

The Spectre

The Spectre
    Years
  • I can't stand pop or country music. the reason being that pop is generally way too upbeat and very obnoxious, country I dislike for the same reason but with the addition of ridiculous themes.
    (Granted anybody who knows me a tiny bit already knows this.)

Years
  • It kinda depends, I can definitely understand the sentiment of how some of the more 'standard' Country tunes generally revolve around the same sort of theme... however a lot of genres do that. Power Metal for example is a wonderfully diverse genre in terms of content, but you will mostly see the same sort of things present - high fantasy, war, 'epic' and the such.

That said, the newer blend of Country + other genres, or even just the newer style of Country really is such a refreshing take on the genre for sure!

Back to the topic in hand - Noise music is 100% my least favourite genre. Now there are some things I generally don't like listening to (modern rap for one), however there are defintely still bands and artists I can probably appreciate. Noise music however is just grim. For those that (incorrectly imo) say all metal sounds the same, I recommend listening to some Noise and then realising how diverse the Metal umbrella really is, because this stuff suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

ShadowLugia111

Birb Obsessed
    Years
  • I am also not very fond of rap, very few exceptions.

I especially don't like it when I find a song that sounds really good for the most part, but then all of a sudden, there's a rap verse in the middle of it. Like... it just throws the whole song off, imo. Why do that? ?-?

Back