• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What age do you think you should stop playing pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I agree, there is no limit. As long as you continue to enjoy the games and enjoy the experience, play on!

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I intend to keep watching the anime and playing the games for the rest of my life. I really see no reason in stopping it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Play it until you get bored of it and don't want to play it anymore. Forcing yourself to stop playing just because you've reached a certain age is... silly. Never mind what other people think. If you enjoy something, regardless of your age, it's none of their business.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Whenever you just don't want to any more. Although if you're a parent who neglects their kids for your pokémon, then you ought to quit right away, or at least cut down, and give them a better life :)

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    whenever you feel is right, and in a few years you'd still remember it, be like "hey, i loved that show and the games so much"
    although ive never actually seen anybody just stop with pokemon completly and forever. like, everyone i know has been like POKEMON IS FOR LITTLE KIDS and just returns to it a few months later. :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    There's no age limit in which you stop playing Pokemon. It's a matter of when you choose to stop playing it.

Ryan Hekk

Game Developer
    Years
    I wouldn't say there's an age limit. I guess there's a limit to how much from the universe you accept. I know people that would never consider buying Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Black, White, and some even Ruby or Sapphire. But if you offered them to have a shot at FireRed, LeafGreen, Red, Blue or Yellow, they'd go "hell yeah, I love those games".

There'll be a time when everyone who likes Pokemon currently will stop liking new products but newer fans will. The older fans will probably continue to play with the "vintage" titles until they get bored of them.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    There is no age when one should stop.
    That's the choice of the player himself.

iCoffee~♥

★ aka hoodiegirl ☆
    Years
    Anyone can play Pokemon, it's just that others think that if you do still play they would think that your too childish and if that's it you'll stop playing..But seriously, Pokemon is for any age, not just for children but for adults as well.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    If you decide that you should stop liking Pokemon at any age, then truely you aren't a Pokemon fan.
    In fact, if you decide you should stop liking anything simply because you've gotten older, then you probably never cared much for it in the first place.

Back