• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What animals do you think there will be?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Geese. D:

There are no geese in the Pokémon world. I need a goose Pokémon so I can get on with my "Canadian Pokémon" brainstorming. D: I may hate Canada Geese but they are, sadly, an important part of our ecosystem. 8(

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    i'd like a koala[grass], kangaroo[fight], panda[grass?], betta fighting fish[water, fight], dophin[water], polar bear[ice], a yeti (some say abomasnow is, but i count it as a christmas tree.. it would be more better if it combine the yeti and viking)[ice, fighting]

evolution for houndoom, farfetch'd and some pokemon would be great~

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    You're all going to hate me.

I don't think there has been a panther Pokémon yet.

I love panthers. They're sleek and stunning creatures.

I'd make it dual-type, with Grass & Dark, perhaps.

Luxray = Panther

The fossils should be dinosaurs.

Real dinosaurs.

Tyrannosauruses and things like that.

Tyranitar = Tyrannosaurus

more bats! the crobat family was cool we need something new, mayb a ghost bat or flying fox. mosquito pokemon would b sick too. and spiders! XD

Spinerak + Ariados = Spider

I don't know if one is made yet, but it would be really cool to have a Sword Fish Pokemon. I also agree that an Osctrich Pokemon needs to made. It's too cool of an animal to not have become a Pokemon already.

Dodrio = Ostrich

I wouldn't mind seeing a tree Pokemon that isn't Sudowoodo. I mean a giant tree that will sometimes hold a random berry or something.

Also a Kevin bird from tht UP movie.

Shiftry + Tropius + Exeggutor = A Tree

I would love a wolf-based pokemon, not so much a dog. A gorilla would also be great.

Mightyena = Wolf

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Couldn't Breloom be considered a Kangaroo-esque Pokemon? I would love to see a Polar Bear based Pokemon too. When the starters' silhouettes were released, I had originally thought that there was going to be a Polar Bear based water starter, but I guess not :/

I'd really love to see some mythologically-based Pokemon as well, because there are an incredible amount of ideas you could draw from them and it would definitely create something not in the norm, but still cool at the same time :>

cobraman228

My friends are my power.
    Years
    I'm surprised no one mentioned a Rodriguez Fruit Bat (AKA. Bat/Fox)

Edit: Oops, vibratingcat beat me to it :P sorries

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I want more dinosaurs in these games (Rampardos, Tyranitar, etc. are not enough).

And also more frogs...politoed isn't enough.

More monkeys! The Chimchar family is pretty good but I want a frikkin' gorilla that tears sh- up. =]

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I always invisioned a dual type Electric/Fighting kangaroo. Probably just me though.

The gorrila idea is a WIN! :D

Or a Buffalo/Bison? Tauros isn't enough - plus I'd call him a bull.

Years

Luxray = Panther

The japanese name is related to "tiger" and it bears more resemblance to a Lion than a panther (a mane) and bulbapedia says the star on its tail related to Leo, the lion constellation.

Tyranitar = Tyrannosaurus

Agree.

Spinerak + Ariados = Spider

As mentioned, they don't have 8 legs. So while based on spiders, they are not arachnids.

Dodrio = Ostrich

Both Doduo and Dodrio have "Dodo" in the name if you take out a letter or two. Does this not indicate that even though it has similarities to Ostrich, that it is meant to be dodo-based?

Shiftry + Tropius + Exeggutor = A Tree

Exeggutor I agree with. Tropius is a brachiosaurus-ish pokemon, not a tree. Shiftry is based on a Tengu.

Mightyena = Wolf

Hyena/Canine hybrid.

My additions to this little debate :D.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    I agree with Waffles, I think it was. That we need more pokemon based off of non-animals. But still biologic creatures. I'd like to see anenome, (Corsola preevo?) Maybe a star/nebula pokemon, I wouldn't mind another starfish line, or even a staryu preevo. Someone said Koala, and I want that. While we have had a kangaroo, Kanghaskan, we could call it wallaby and pass it off as something else. :D

Redrup

The Gentleman
    Years
    Luxray isn't a panther. That thing is an oversized housecat, at best. :(

I want this:
    What animals do you think there will be?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Haha that'd be sick although I have to agree with an earlier post. Luxray is more of a lion because of his mane. Also, to add into it the gender difference is mostly the length of the mane.

A lioness really has no mane so in the series they still gave a female luxray the mane; it just so happens to be shorter.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Call me strange, which I know I am, but one animal I would really like to see Pokémonized(?) would be an ostrich. I would really like to see how they would incorporate that kind of animal into a Pokémon and it would very likely grow to become one of my favorites. Something better than Doduo. :(

I'd also like to see a panda!

Spinda is a panda in case you did not know!

What animals do you think will be included in B/W?

Personally, I'm all for a praying mantis or a rhino.

Scyther is a praying mantis and rhyhorn is a rhino

Call me wierd - but I'd like to see a brachiosaurus pokemon. From a fossil maybe? o.O

Megainum is a brachiosaurus pokemon btw

I don't know if one is made yet, but it would be really cool to have a Sword Fish Pokemon. I also agree that an Osctrich Pokemon needs to made. It's too cool of an animal to not have become a Pokemon already.

Doduo is technically an ostrich

@above
    lol at the kevin bird. I think it's a snipe...

An iquana would be nice as a pokemon.

Kecleon is technically an iguana pokemon

A Gorilla-esque Pokémon would be good. Nice suggestion. :)

Gorilla & Panther please, Game Freak.

We got two gorillas already! Primeape and Slaking!

I want more dinosaurs in these games (Rampardos, Tyranitar, etc. are not enough).

And also more frogs...politoed isn't enough.

More monkeys! The Chimchar family is pretty good but I want a frikkin' gorilla that tears sh- up. =]

All of the grass starters are dinos in their last forms

Most of what you guys are wanting to be pokemon are already pokemon!

Last edited:

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Boys (and gals :D)... Bring in the the big boys, Narwhal? Really forget Seel, Dewgong, Shpeal, Walrein, and the other one! We need a narwhal like right now! It would be amazing!!! Oh and maybe more 'computer' generated pokemon like Porygon!

Years
    Corection: Kecleon is more of a Cameleon than an Iguana.

I would like a pokemon based of a Therizinosaurus because it has huge claws, it can easily fill the spot for a praying mantis-Oh YA!:)

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    First, I wanted a rabbit pokemon in Generation 4. It came true instantly! Buneary and Lopunny. However, there should be more rabbit pokemon.

There is Sharpedo, which is a shark pokemon. However, it's small compared to the average shark. The most common breeds of sharks, the skitty sharks, are about 12 feet tall in average, while Sharpedo is only 6 feet tall. Sharpedo needs an evolved form.

Anyways, there are already 8 Pokemon that resemble robots. Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, and Bronzong. There should be a pokemon that resembles a robot that you see in Sci-Fi movies.

I was thinking of a pokemon that is closely related to Hatsune Miku, but there won't.

A killer whale pokemon would be cool, while Wailord resembles a Blue Whale.

There should be a pokemon that resembles gears. A battery pokemon would be OK.

And anyways, here is an intresting thing I read from Bulbapedia.

Bulbapedia said:
    It must be noted that not belonging to an evolutionary family is not indicative of strength, or a lack thereof. Some Pokémon, such as Pinsir and Skarmory, are comparable to fully evolved Pokémon while others, like Luvdisc and Pachirisu, are more comparable to unevolved Pokémon. Often this indicates a Pokémon's possibility to be eligible for future new evolutions or pre-evolutions.

Many people are demanding an evolution of Pachirisu. I agree too, since Pachirisu is already a weak pokemon.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Spinda is a panda in case you did not know!

Scyther is a praying mantis and rhyhorn is a rhino

Megainum is a brachiosaurus pokemon btw

Doduo is technically an ostrich

Kecleon is technically an iguana pokemon

We got two gorillas already! Primeape and Slaking!

All of the grass starters are dinos in their last forms

Most of what you guys are wanting to be pokemon are already pokemon!

Psh as if. I only believe that about Meganium and Sceptile...and even then that's only two more (Although I could see how Torterra fits in there as well). Also, Slaking is a giant sloth ;)

Primeape is not even close to a gorilla. It's merely a primate but not a gorilla. Primeape stands at 3', a GORILLA stands at 6'. Big size difference right there.

Kecleon is a chameleon. Bro if you're gonna correct us, be correct yourself =P

capri

Trainer
    Years
    I like most of the ideas, especially with all water & Ice related pokemons LoL

but I must say I would like to see like a hybrid of two animals
    example: mammoth + swine = Mamoswine

it would be very interesting and original!!!...and I must admit that it might be messy LoL!!!

But my personal request would be a Giraffe Weevil !!!! :D
    google it!!! they are so weird and SOOOOOO cute :D

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
    I absolutely hate some of the most recent pokemon such as the robot pokemon. i think its ridiculous to have inanimate objects for pokemon. Like the lawn mower pokemon! i mean seriously!?!?! did they really run out of ideas already? but anyways enough of complaining. I would like to see a lion like pokemon. or maybe a sabertooth looking pokemon. i always thought that would look pretty cool.

Back