• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime character personalities do you like the best?

Sweet Love

♥~N/A~♥
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 4, 2010
    Male - A man with cold heart, but he is justice (like Kouji in Digimon Frontier; Seshomaru in Inuyasha, Tao Ren in Shaman King) ^^
    Female - cute girl ^^

Envy

+l+Mystifying+l+
    Years
    Oh,so u were surpose to put a male one? well,for a boy for me is he has to be cold on the outside but loving in the in the inside,doesn't talk alot,and handsome!Just like Sesshomaru!

Last edited:

pink-tiger

Love in the Air
    Years
    A boy??0o
    Yeye!!
    Uh!I dont really know..
    I'll go with yuki!
    He gets mad when people do bad things!So I guess!Ahhh!
    I dont know sowwy!
    *sight*

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I <3 the cute, naive characters... (only applies to girls)

I also <3 the characters who act all tough on the outside, but is really a softie at heart (applies to both)

I <3 hot guys too. xD

I also like Tomboys, but with a feminine side... xd

Last edited:

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    I always take a liking to male characters who are calm, kind and quiet. I love them. XD

Next favorite is anyone quirky, jolly/humorous, or naive, but not the bubbly!naive type of girls. x_x

Shirt_Guy_Dom

L33t One
    Years
    i tend to act more like the shy and quite types. some times the out going types put mostly the shy, quite, daydreamer guys.

Years
    I like characters like rey za burrel and rau le cruset from gundam seed destiny, and lucreizia noin and zechs marquise/millardo peacecraft from gundam wing

Years
    hmm..........

one type of character i like is the kind where you start off thinking they're this horrible evil character, then you see that they're actually not as bad as they act. kind of like sesshomaru.

the other kind i like is a character who is funny and not perfect. not being perfect is a very important factor for me. i don't like characters who always do the right thing, and are always considering other people's feelings, and always succeed at what they want to accomplish. people like ash (no offense, ash-lovers). okay, so ash doesn't win every battle, but what i mean is he almost always gets the badge on the first try. and really pisses me off when the gym leader gives it to him for free, without a battle or anything. oops, sorry, that's off topic.

anyway, the last type of anime characters i like are minor characters. for some odd reason i almost always end up hating the main character........

Hizuara

Tis the season to be jolly..
    Years
    Hmm.. I'm picky when it comes to characters, surprisingly enough. I don't usually choose characters by their personalities. If I like a character, I like a character, not just for their personalities or labels and whatnot. But there are a few traits most of my favorite characters have in common. So this may or may not make any sense.

Girls: In a girl, I like them to be couragous but dignified. The types of girls I like in animes are ones like Risa Harada from DNAngel. I don't care if people call her self centered and whatever. She's aware that she's pretty and she's not afraid to flaunt it. Also, I love an anime girl that has an attitude and can stick up for herself. I admire that sort of courage. Usually the overly saccharin pushover types bug me to no end, also those 'Damsels in distress' (i.e. Sakura from CCS, Shizuka from Yugioh..) But if they're nice and polite and not TOO sweet I like them (i.e. Haruka from Pokemon) Tomboys bother me too =P

Guys: Now guys.. are tough. First off, I don't usually like main character types. Yeah, I know it's wierd, but I HATE the sort of character that always wins and has no depth. That's why I usually love the side characters. I love a character that can be kind, humble, generous, caring, tough, smart, deep, tragic, or whatever. I just don't really like stereotypical stars. Ed from FMA isn't stereotypical, and neither is Naruto, that's the kind of star I like. Other then that, there's really no " I like this type of guy".

Both: All in all, I like a respectable character. If they're loud, rude, obnoxious, whiney, cowardly, lazy.. nah, I won't like them, unless they're purposely that way or if they can redeem themselves somehow.

And that's pretty much it. Go ahead an disagree with me, I don't mind.. I know my view on characters is messed up sometimes. What I wrote might not have made any sense anyways 0__o So.. yeah ^.^U

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Two types of main protagonists. First, there's the type that changes over the course of the series. At first, they're arrogant, or innocent, or whatever, but as the series goes on, they change due to the events around them. Fullmetal Alchemist is a great example. Ed starts out innocent, kind and naive, but as the show goes on you can see distinct changes in his personality as he's exposed to the harsh realities of the world.

On the other hand, I also like the mentally unstable characters. Shinji from Evangelion comes to mind on this one. These types of characters are so unpredictable that you never know what they'll do next.

tyrant_078

Teh Ultimate Being!!!!1111
    Years
    I tend to like comic relief characters. They're always a lot of fun to watch and never get tiresome. I also like philosophical villains who's actions can be perceived as being good, villains with arrogant streaks but a lot of class, characters who're mentally unstable and depthful characters who have been treated unjustly by society. The types of characters I hate are generically perfect main male characters, female characters who're sugary sweet to the point of being unrealistic, useless characters and characters with little to no personality.

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Anime males-Who can take care of themselves, determined, funny, caring, gets angry, and have a fighting attiude. XD

Anime females-Determined, who are not afraid to fight, Ditzy, funny, sweet, caring about thier anime male counterpart...*cough*
    Ash and Misty
    Akito and Sana
    Inuyasha and Kagome
    Usagi and Mamoru
    Ranma and Akane
    *cough* etc..
    XDD

Last edited:
    Back