• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime do you think is the best drawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    What anime do you think is the best drawn?,,

I have been seeing some of my younger brother books on the floor and when I look inside them I notice that they are all differently drawn, I myself don't have a favorite anime, so I was wondering what is yours?

Why do you think it is so well drawn?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Oh good question. I'd say Elfen Lied, which is just as well since the manga has a terrible standard of artwork.

One of the best artistic traits is how blood so cleanly flows... and how that's best not posted here, so I'll leave you to look it up at your own discretion.
    Also take note of how the hair of fringes goes over the eyes instead of stopping at them and making it look like the hair is somehow behind the eyes, and that the eyebrows are actually coloured and not visible through the hair.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Oh good question. I'd say Elfen Lied, which is just as well since the manga has a terrible standard of artwork.
    I agree 100%. Though you gotta admit, Okamoto's art has improved significantly, especially in his most recent manga (Nononono was it?)

I personally would like to recommend Michiko and Hatchin.
    Mangrove anime, so great artwork like you'd expect.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    im not sure about the best,
    but i HATE the full metal alchemist art. It looks so baby-ish. So much that it annoyed me and i didnt get past the first episode. The story line might be alright though.

Oh and someone up there ^ said DBZ,
    i dont think so. They're eyebrows are like solid and look nothing like real ones..

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    From what I've seen, which isn't much at all lately, the anime with large budgets seem to have nice animation standards. I guess I'm mostly thinking Gurren Lagann, Haruhi, etc. To me, I'm usually okay with an anime's animation so long as it's consistent. I don't mean it has to look like the OP/ED all the time, but I hate when one episode the animation is realy good and the next, the style has changed, it's choppy, and doesn't flow well. :( It's really annoying when you're watching episodes in quick succession.

But as far as preference? I've always adored the style of Cardcaptor Sakura. I know a lot of scenes in it make me seem like a hypocrite because the animation isn't great all the way through, but maybe it's just the fact that I saw it before I started caring about that stuff that I don't mind. I just know I never mind watching it. ♥

Oh and someone up there ^ said DBZ,
    i dont think so. They're eyebrows are like solid and look nothing like real ones..
    I-it's a cartoon; it's not supposed to look accurate...

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Elfen Lied's art really appeals to me for some reason and I do agree that it was well done.

Other then that, I like the styles of the anime that Studio SHAFT makes. (SZS, Negima!?, Pani Poni Dash!)

It's hard to choose since there are a variety of styles of anime that are drawn. It also depends much on the Time period. Dragon Ball Z started in 1989 in Japan so you can't compare it to Code Geass or Haruhi Suzumiya. =\

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I agree 100%. Though you gotta admit, Okamoto's art has improved significantly, especially in his most recent manga (Nononono was it?).
    ノノノノ... yes. :0
    What anime do you think is the best drawn?

And yeah, it really does look better...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I'm going to go my way and say Death Note. That art looks consistant and it seems to flow into you. Also, the characters all look like something artists would draw in a one time picture.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Claymore looks really well done IMO. I love the visual descriptions of the anatomy of the body.

Years
    Elfen Lied's art really appeals to me for some reason and I do agree that it was well done.

Other then that, I like the styles of the anime that Studio SHAFT makes. (SZS, Negima!?, Pani Poni Dash!)

It's hard to choose since there are a variety of styles of anime that are drawn. It also depends much on the Time period. Dragon Ball Z started in 1989 in Japan so you can't compare it to Code Geass or Haruhi Suzumiya. =\
    I`m really just talking about Akira Toriyama's style

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
    lol, drawing anime.

Death Note is very well drawn, along with Elfen Lied. Seriously, you'd have to be good to draw that much blood.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Anime Art. :3 It's one of the reasons that makes me watch or not watch an anime. (or read a manga)

I'm quite fond of Yukiru Sugisaki's and Yuu Watase's artstyles, and although the DN Angel (ys) and Fushigi Yuugi (yw) anime styles lean towards the original (manga), it's still not the same, specially DN Angel. Don't get me wrong, I love the art of DN Angel, but some episodes are badly drawn. >_> While the Ice and Snow arc is beautiful.

I'm quite fond of the Vampire Knight style as well. ^_^ I love their hair and eyes. XD But here I prefer the anime over the manga. :3

Saiunkoku Monogatari is drawn pretty nice as well. Although the animation in the first few episodes lacks a bit, it's pretty.

Styles I don't like: Dragonball Z, One Piece, Ouran Host Club... (what?, I don't like it)
    I notice that my preference lies towards the art of Shoujo anime... and less towards Shounen. =/

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I think Gurren Lagann is one of the best I've seen so far.

But I think Oh-Great!'s stuff is really good too. Air Gear is awesome in the manga, the anime is so-so, but the manga is ♥. It brings back the 80's and 90's style with a bit more detail and relevance to our time. It's amazing x__x

In my opinion of course, I know not many people would agree with me on that.

Some that I don't like though are Sumomomo Momomo, Chaos;Head (it bothers me...), and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Even thought I love all three, the art style just bugs me D;

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    The art styles, I've noticed recently, seem to be getting better and better as the anime seasons pass. I've noticed it more in the romance-type anime though, like the two ef anime, and Toradora!.

My favorite as of late is in, like I mentioned above, "ef - a tale of memories" and it's sequel, "ef - a tale of melodies". To begin with, the art style is nice and clean, and it looks beautiful overall. What tops it all off, though, is that it uses the animation in creative ways that create a more than pleasurable experience, such as in the openings for both seasons. (See memories and melodies. [better if you watch the HQ versions])

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I rather liked Ouran Highschool Host Club's style. It was simplistic enough so that even in the lower-budget parts of an episode, you could really see huge disproportionalities or strange/off facial features like in a lot of anime (AKA: No Quality! shots). I generally like BONES. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was enjoyable for me too.

Ouran Highschool Host Club is really the only anime that comes to mind when you're asking about quality without an exclamation point after it, so yeah. I'll go with that. xD;

Naoki: I love Katekyo Hitman Reborn's art style, but the anime is just gag me. <_< Seriously, that's the quality! series of the century. Gokudera gets so butchered up in the anime! xD Air Gear has it's own fair share of quality! too, but both of the manga's are definitely amazing. :>

My favorite art style is definitely Miwa Shirow hands down, but that's not an anime... yet. :<

Years
    I have to say I love Vampire Knight's style. It's gothic and beatiful and I just love how the vampires are drawn. So beautiful.

I would also like to give it up for Death note's art style as well. It struck me in very much the same way as Vampire Knights to be honest with you, even though the styles are different it still strikes me as both gothic and beautiful. Expecially the covers =D

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Best is subjective but I have a few favorite styles. I love the Dragonball Z style because it just looks pretty solid and interesting. I like Gundam Wing becaues it is a bit old school but it's really memorable in how it looks.

My favorite though has to be FLCL. That stuff is wild.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back