• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Anime/ Manga Characters Grind your Gears?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    So yeah what anime characters make you angry while you watch?

For me Kouga the Wolf Demon from Inu Yasha, he's a jerk, he cheats with the sacreed jewel, tries to steal InuYasha's woman and almost kills inuyasha for an unjust cause.

Last edited:

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
    Youhei Sunohara.

I hated him from the start, sure, so maybe I'm a bit biased... his voice acting was just awful, I hated the sound of his voice from the moment I first heard it. Aside from that, though, he never managed to move any plot forward during the entirety of Clannad (although he starts being useful in After Story), nor was he a likable person at all. I think the friendship between him and Tomoya was pretty well done, but Sunohara himself was just... a bad character. He didn't act believable at all, and all the physical comedy that he endured with Kyou and Tomoyo was childish and obnoxious. He just brought the whole show down, made it teeter into the "Saturday morning cartoon show" side of things a bit too much.

And don't even get me started on his relationship with Mei...

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Youhei Sunohara.

He was a real bro. And a toilet seat cover.

ummmmmmmm i remember nina (i think that was her name?) from code geass really annoying me, as well as about half the entire cast in that series.
    but everything was ok in the end (everything save for lelouch's choice of attire)

Have you heard of someone named "Stich?"

no, i don't believe i have. would you care to elaborate?

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    There are some anime characters I dislike a bit, but the one I truly hate is Hamdo from Now and Then, Here and There. He had the worst personality for someone with that much power, but he did play his part well which made the anime as good as it was. The scary thing is, there are actually some guys in power who have a personality not too far off from his.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Lelouch.

I'll give this post a good 50 minutes or so before flame wars or before it is marked for spam.

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    Orihime, she ruins bleach for me to the point where I turn off the sound whenever she comes into the scene. Oh, I'm so miserable. Kurosaki kun kurosaki kun kurosaki kun kurosaki kunkun kurosaki kun kurosaki kunkun kurosaki kun kurosaki kunkun kurosaki kun kurosaki kunkun kurosaki kun kurosaki kunkun kurosaki kun kurosaki kun

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Sakura from Kampfer... her character was just... bad.

She starts out being the good innocent girl that you really like, but at the same time it's really obvious that she's going to end up being the bad guy. That alone isn't really that bad, but the change is just way too sudden and drastic.

I guess that's a problem with the plot more than the character though.

Years
    Lelouch.

I'll give this post a good 50 minutes or so before flame wars or before it is marked for spam.
    I hate you. ;o;

Back to the thread. Lelouch probably is the character whom I don't take a liking to the most. Probably, he was made to be a philosophical and inspirational character like in the Shakespeare tragedies, but he ended up being a narm festival of the highest order. And then Spinzaku...

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Another one is Kikyo from InuYasha.

Spoiler:

Finnel

Years
    Youhei Sunohara.

I thought he was a welcome break from all the drama with his silly jokes and random pranks. Without him, I don't think I'd have been able to watch/read CLANNAD, because it'd just have been too much drama. He wasn't a great character, but he made it all more bearable.

But keeping to the topic subject... Kyou Fujibayashi, also from CLANNAD. I've never been a fan of tsunderes, I only like them if they're done extremely well. Kyou's just a textbook example of the stereotypical over-the-top violence, blushing and stuttering, then lovey-dovey tsundere, which I hate. She was the source of most of the "LOL, violence is so funny! XD" moments with Sunohara, and it just annoyed the **** out of me.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
    Chiyo Mihama.

Whiny little......ahem, sorry.

She has her moments, but overall is too cute or trying to be cute for me to like her.

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Hmm...
    Orihime
    Sakura
    Ino
    Chichi
    Hinamori
    Bulma
    Pan(from DBGT)

And some others I can't think of at the moment.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Mizuki Himeji
    When I saw promotional arts on a magazine I thought she was quite the strong character and was the main girl. BUT I WAS WRONG.
    I also have a deep dislike for traps. D<

Shakugan no Shana - Yoshida Kazumi
    1) I like the Shana x Yuuji pairing, therefore I dislike Yoshida.
    2) ...BOOBS = TRAP. Like I said, I have dislike for traps.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I dislike all moe characters. I feel that they are sexist depictions of women.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Oh man...hum...I should say :

-Ash from Kuroshitsuji - I don't like him, Sebastian FTW !
    -Ash from Pokemon (yesss) He is getting boring ;A;
    -Dawn from Pokemon (berk) I hated her from the start xD
    -Charles Di Britannia from Code Geass - His hair is weird, and I just hate him xD
    -V.V from Code Geass - HATE
    -Naruto - Boring since Shippuden
    -King Bradley (Pride) from Fullmetal Alchemist
    -Pein from Naruto

-Kairi from Kingdom Hearts (XD) she's lame
    -Ichigo from Bleach...Seriously, not even a real shinigami, but he manages to become a hollow, then a vizard, then a vasto lorde. ffffff.

I'm done XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Ash from Pokemon. One of the reasons I stopped watching the anime.
    Pikachu from Pokemon. See above.
    Jessie from Pokemon. See above.
    James from Pokemon. See above.
    Naruto. Like with Ash, when you are completely annoyed by the main character, it is hard to keep watching the series.

And now for a somewhat more obscure character:
    Kinnosuke Nakamura from Itazura na Kiss: Seriously dude, she's not into you. Stop going hyper every time you see her.

And the couple of Haruka Nogizaka and Yuuto Ayase irritates me since they went through an entire (pointless) second season without advancing their relationship one bit.

Back