• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What annoys you about hacks?

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
  • I really hate it when people refer to Pokemon and pokemonS in hacks and in general Pokemon discussions.

Years
  • Glitches would be at the top of the list.

Not those tiny little glitches, but those ones that impede progress. I once played a hack that made it so I was unable to move after saving at a certain point. Another one was my starters having no moves and having to use struggle all the time.

Also, typos.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
    Years
  • Grammar Errors.. Especially when theres soo many of them. 1 or 2 is fine, we are human (right?).

Tile Errors.. Again, a couple are fine, show the creator, and she/he would fix it. But when theres, lots, and lots of errors, I stop playing it, just stop.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    - I personally hate Fakemon. No matter how good they are, they WON'T EVER BE CANON in my eyes
    - The same story line. Couldn't someone do one where the protagonist is evil/a villain/anti-hero?
    - GSC remakes. HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE! I get the message. We need more BW demakes xD
    - Grammar
    - Inconsistent sprite reimplementation. If you do one HGSS, do them all, etc. etc.

- 25 Pokemon slots, I think you'd need more... what with new 5th Gen and everything

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
    Years
  • And the player talking! I dislike it very, very much. How do they know thats what I'm saying? >.<

And talking Pokemon, Pokemon don't talk.

Art Murder

Demi
    Years
  • Wow, a see half the people in this thread complaining about people who use anything outside of what pokemon original created as bad... Then what's the point of hacking if you are just doing it exactly like every other pokemon game? Yeah, some people do it bad, but not everyone. D:

Then they want to talk about un-originality >.>

Anyways, for me what throws me off the most is bad grammar, people who try to hard to be 'clever' with there stuff, people who use BAD fakemon(not just badly sprited) people who don't use any fakemon. And people who try waaay to hard to be 'different' then pokemon. I do like to see some new stuff, but if it's just so far out there it doesn't even feel like pokemon any more, then I just won't enjoy playing it. Not that it's a bad hack, pokemon is about the only hand-held game I will play, and if it doesn't feel like pokemon gameplay wise, then it's not going to keep me interested.

I do have to say, you should only use fake-mon if they are a good bit above average in spriting. Decent ones, splices, and the like, (not to mention BAD ones) should not be put into the game. Also they need to have finally worked out typing, move sets, stats, evolution chains, and names, so they FEEL like real pokemon.

Really, everything just needs a balance of 'new enough to be worth playing' but 'not so new it's not pokemon anymore.'

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I don't like it when people give nonconstructive criticism. I love Baro's fan Pokemon and I don't mind people hating it. But I do mind when they say "I think I just died inside", "The 5th gen looks incredible compared to this" and "God, these are UGLY". Instead of saying what can be improved, they just insult it without a purpose. As for hacks, what bugs me is when a completed hack has 100% fakemon, but doesn't edit what's unobtainable.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • Another thing I hate is when people say they hate fakemon, and that Gamefreak and hackers are running out of ideas for fakemon. 90% of these people are just jealous because they can't sprite and the best they could probably do is:
    What annoys you about hacks?

That or Rayquauza with Giratina's head.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • @Altariaking.
    I think we have the same opinion on Fakemon.

I know it's not within my business, but i personally die a bit inside when people complain about fakemon.

IS THE POINT OF MAKING A NEW POKEMON GAME NOT TO ADD MORE POKEMON?

theyre:
    either Jealous of spriting talent/conceptual ideas
    or a fanboy.

If Fakemon are well made, there is NO valid reason to hate them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Starters... i want some dynamic starters.

i would also like to see some themes in hacks.
    i had an idea of a bug pokemon hack where the starters would be scyther heracross and pincer.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Starters... i want some dynamic starters.

i would also like to see some themes in hacks.
    i had an idea of a bug pokemon hack where the starters would be scyther heracross and pincer.

I think the reason some people struggle with starters is because of the balance issue. With your starters there is a major balance issue. Scyther evolves, while the other two don't. On top of that Scyther and its Wing Attack gives it the 4x edge over Heracross and a 2x Edge over Pinsir. These are all of the things that come into play when deciding on starters.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • the speed of releasing the next versions, it's really annoying

"Oh, the next version of Pokemon awesome will be released in three months because I have exams to work on!"
    "What? **** you! Exams are not important compared to a hack of a 3+ game! That's like saying having friends in real life is more important than trolling people on the internet, it's wrong to have a life!"

Which pretty much sums up why that is a dumb reason to hate a hack.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    When people make uninspired and boring hacks, and they get big because of their use of the latest graphic trend.
    When a newer user enjoys making a simple hack, and then elitists try to bash them for it not being that great, even if they're trying.
    Unfortunately, these both happen equally often.

DisChineezBoi

graphical hacker-sucks at hex
    Years
  • Not too much annoys me because I only play hacks people say are good. Give in to peer pressure kids! What annoys me is lame fakemon, although Gamefreak dropped the ball pretty bad too, in its later years.

Back