• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What antivirus do you use?

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Tell us what anti-virus you use and why.

I use one called "avast!" imo it is the safest anti-virus there is because when a site contains viruses a window pops up and it literally says "Cation virus threat detected!" (yes my anti-virsus talks to me) and in that window there is an "abort conection button" you hit that button and bam! you are off that page pretty dang fast. Plus it scans folders when you open them (i learned that a few weeks ago when I opened a folder I hadnt opened in a while). It also scan your computer when your not using it (like when the screen saver comes on it scans) and ever sence I got avast! I havent got a virus.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Well I use Microsoft Security essentials in my windows Virtual machines, while I have a NOD32 subscription active for my main Windows partition.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Zet

Years
  • I usually use NOD32 but for the moment I'm trying out MSE to see how reliable it is. Though I haven't really done anything to get a virus as of yet. But I'm thinking of going back to NOD32 tomorrow since I don't like the loooooooooonnnnggg wait for MSE to search, download and install updates

Years
  • Until yesterday (when my Avast! trial expired), I had Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG Free, Avast!, and Avira Antivirus all running on my machine. Oddly enough, not a single instance happened where any of the four conflicted. All four got along just fine. Maybe that's the benefit of all of the antivirus programs being free: they're not programmed to hunt down other antivirus programs and attack them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Switched to ESET NOD32 last month. I've used Norton, Microsoft OneCare, McAffee and various free software and this is clearly the best. Barely even uses RAM.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • I haven't used one in a couple months actually, mainly because i visit maybe 2-5 sites and that's about it. But, because i download torrents constantly i have Microsoft Security Essentials :P

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • This thread's been posted in the past month, so I don't see why there's another version of it.
    It seems to have disappeared. Or maybe my memory is just funky these days; I could have sworn there was another AV thread.

As for me, I use Avast! home edition. Good stuff. There's not really much to say, I mean it's just another anti-virus; better than a lot, plus it's free.

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    This thread's been posted in the past month, so I don't see why there's another version of it.

As for me, I use Avast! home edition. Good stuff. There's not really much to say, I mean it's just another anti-virus; better than a lot, plus it's free.
    hmm didnt know that and woot! a fellow avast user!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I've got currently avast! 4.8 Professional edition and Avira AntiVirus running together. I'm thinking of trying MSE once I have some spare time.

Zet

Years
  • This thread's been posted in the past month, so I don't see why there's another version of it.

Shows how much I pay attention to comp & tech :P guess I better merge them.

Can't seem to find it D:

cdlink14

Jag älskar Dig
    Years
  • I don't use a anti-virus. Using Firefox, Ad-Block, and No-Script, ashampoo firewall alongside common-sense is way more than enough.

But if I feel my pc may be infected, I use Trend Micro Sysclean.

It's an on-demand scanner, only downside is you need to install updates manually.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I use Sophos antivirus. I don't know why exactly we use it, my Dad installed it.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I use Microsoft Essentials currently since AVG kept blocking some perfectly safe software.
    I've got currently avast! 4.8 Professional edition and Avira AntiVirus running together. I'm thinking of trying MSE once I have some spare time.
    It is recommended not to use two antivirus software together.

Norton Antivirus. It came with my laptop and I just have to renew it every year. It works well enough, but I still wish it didn't hog so much of my system resources, though :/
    Why don't you uninstall it and get one that doesn't hog your resources.

Back