• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What are Secret Bases for?

theprofessional

~~dAft PUnk Rulez!!!~~
    Years
    I was wondering what is so special about these Bases, is it just a chilling spot?? I would try and find out by myself, but since I traded all of my TM moves to my Diamond ver, I am unable to do that.

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Yeah, I think that's really all there for. Don't know what else they would do.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    https://www.serebii.net/pokemon_advance/base/

What serebii has to say about secret bases.

It's just something that gets transferred over when you mix records, and iirc a trainer spawns in there that uses the team that your friend had when they sent the base over. If you don't have any friends with pokemon it's largely pointless, unless you enjoy furnishing it.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    I like pimping out my secret base. Its right next to a waterfall with a pokeslide and a bunch of plushies. And i will never tell you where!

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Wow I didn't know that, Gofre. That's really cool! (Talking about trainer part ;))

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    There is no real importance of the Secret Base, more like just a area to show your designing skills I guess

Years
    The location and decoration part is, in reference to previous vernacular, just a "chilling spot."
    As mentioned before, it is possible to battle other trainers with whom one has mixed records with.

This is actually a very useful way to EV Train. If you have two games and a link cable, you can set one team up with pokemon that give the EVs for which you're looking, mix records, and battle aforementioned team on the other game. Then you can mix records with your other game and battle again, if you so choose.

It is also a very useful way to gain experience if the high-leveled pokemon of the trainers with whom you mix records dwarf those of the Elite 4.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    To me a secret base is a personal gym.Decorate.Mix records.Whala!!!

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I remember that I had 4 friends over at my house and we battle and went to our secret bases the whole time and it was fun! ^_^

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    You can get secret power in the guy standing near a tree with a vine above the dessert.

Back